Thread: MacKinnon > Draisaitl?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default MacKinnon > Draisaitl?

Is this a factual statement? I'm a huge Avs fan so i'm probably Biased. I just think MacKinnon will reach that elusive 100 point mark next year and he probably would have this year. He has game-breaking speed, with a great shot. I love MacKinnon and I believe he's a top 3 player in the league. Thoughts?
    12 team deep keeper league, 17 main roster players, 5 prospect players, max 2 goalie keepers for the main roster. point breakdown goes as follows:
    Skaters:
    G is 4 points, 5.2 points for D goals. A is 2.5 points, 3.25 points for defense. 0.07 per FOW, 0.2 points for blocks, hits, and SOG 0.5 points for PIMS and +/-, 3 for SHG, 1.5 for SHA.
    Goalies:
    GS is 1.5 points, -1 for GA, 0.2 for SV, 4 for SHO, and 3 for W.
    Team:
    https://www.fantrax.com/fantasy/leag...gi/team/roster

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: MacKinnon > Draisaitl?

It's like picking between green or blue..

But if I was to choose one of these two to lead my team, it's MacKinnon!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    It's like picking between green or blue..

But if I was to choose one of these two to lead my team, it's MacKinnon!!
    Ah yes, both are top 5 talents. The only guy I would move MacKinnon for is McDavid and even that, it would be interesting. His contract is amazing and I would take MacKinnon even without the contract.
    12 team deep keeper league, 17 main roster players, 5 prospect players, max 2 goalie keepers for the main roster. point breakdown goes as follows:
    Skaters:
    G is 4 points, 5.2 points for D goals. A is 2.5 points, 3.25 points for defense. 0.07 per FOW, 0.2 points for blocks, hits, and SOG 0.5 points for PIMS and +/-, 3 for SHG, 1.5 for SHA.
    Goalies:
    Team:

Dobber Sports Deity

This isn't an easy one to differentiate, especially for me. I was lucky enough to live just outside of Halifax so I got to see Nate play A LOT when he played for the Moose. I'm a huge fan. He is definitely one of the best players in the game today.

I'm an Oilers fan so I love Draisaitl too. Like Nate, one of the best in the game. I think Draisaitl gets a tad less respect simply because he's on the same team as, arguably,the best player in the game today. Much like Malkin, Draisaitl plays in the shadow of a generational talent. Malkin is a beast in his own right. Imagine if Malkin and Draisaitl played on different teams and were asked to carry their own team. I have a feeling more respect would be shown for their amazing talent.

Is one better than the other? I thinks it's all personal preference and hard to disagree with anyone who picks one side over the other.

I don't think there's a right or wrong answer to your question. I think they are splitting hairs.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

In real life, I would have said MacKinnon with absolutely no hesitations, up until this past season. I just always knocked Draisaitl for what I perceived to be his inability to take hold of the C2 role and drive play, there. However, quarter 3 this last season, especially, had Leon without Connor, and he was an absolute beast. All that being said, in real life, I still want MacKinnon.

In fantasy, salary cap league, easily MacKinnon. Non-cap, it's more difficult. Draisaitl had 44 PPP this season, which is absurd (MacKinnon had 31). I think there is room for regression from Leon, which puts them closer together in terms of overall points. Also, can't forget that Rantanen and Landeskog were injured this last season, leaving MacKinnon to play with third line players. With a much higher shot rate, and a more realistic S%, give me MacKinnon in fantasy, too.

The Great One

While I'd personally pick MacKinnon, I'd say no to this being a factual statement. Good on you for your passion, though...

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Factual statement? No.

Reasonable opinion? Yes.

In your league settings? Maybe. Mackinnon has the better contract, but Draisaitl has a better positional eligibility.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Can't go wrong either way, depends on your league scoring stats which one you would take.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Stud

MacKinnon > Draisaitl.

McDavid will be top draft pick in 1year leagues. MacKinnon 2, Pastrnak 3, Draisaitl 4. Sure, he won the Art Ross, and will win the Hart this year, but few, FEW, do that 2 years in a row.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Ah, thanks for the opinions guys. I plan to move Draisaitl for MacKinnon and Bjorkstrand. But, I do believe both players are great
    Skaters:
    Goalies:
    Team: