Thread: 2 Rookie Drafts

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default 2 Rookie Drafts

Hi all,

Got my draft coming up for 16 team dynasty (the one in sig), I've got the 2nd overall pick, I should take Byfield here right? Considering I have a strongish team anyway I don't need to think about now or the future, any will do and Byfield is from what I can tell the second best player in most rankings - he's also a big guy so might pick up points in the peripherals? I could also consider a trade down, I'm not in short supply of elite forward talent.

Secondly I have another draft coming up in a 16 team dynasty (not the one in sig but same stats), here is my team; https://imgur.com/a/iyn9aMB

I've got the 3rd, 5th and 6th overall picks - who would you be targeting with these? I've also got 17th, 24th and 31st.

I'm thinking Askarov with the 6th - it's a bit early and I might consider a gamble to trade down to about 10th? Holtz or Byfield are the likely choices are 3rd, whoever is available I believe.

Any advice would be a great help! It's worth noting both these leagues minors are moving up to 22 minors next season so there will be space (don't need to worry about dropping).

Cheers

Jay
    Team One (Mercenaries Of Mandalore) 24T Dynasty, 4LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 4B - G, A1, A2, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, HIT, BLK, FT, ||| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Team Two (Hamilton Tigers) 16T Dynasty - 3LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 6B - G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HIT, FOW| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Click here for my teams (not up to date)

Links are too a google document.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: 2 Rookie Drafts

Stutzle at 3 unless he goes 2 Nd then u take Byfield.

5th and 6 th two of Holtz Raymond Rossi
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Ace

I don't think that I would be taking Askarov. Goalies are voodoo and often don't pan out as expected - and, you already have Murray and Samsonov, so you're set for the present and (should be, again "voodoo" possibility) future.

I also see Sorokin on your farm, and he's coming over.

I think Askarov is going to be drafted way too early in fantasy this year, simply because this is the year when we finally saw Samsonov and Shesterkin play, and Sorokin coming over. But those are long waits for their owners.

I want to make my first round pick count, especially with those high picks, and then I'll start taking chances, usually in the third round.

Dobber Sports Padawan

1st draft, Byfield at 2, then Stuzle, Raymond, Rossi or Holtz. For the 2nd draft, you've got Murray, Samsanov and Sorokin, so I don't see a need to draft Askarov that high at 6th OA. I like your goaltending there but was hard for me to see the rest of the team for some reason. Maybe look to fill a pressing hole with that 6th OA pick if there is one.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Initiate

Not sure what you have for a team in your 2nd draft. But seen nobody has mentioned Jamie Drysdale, lots of upside to this kids game. He is considered the best defenseman in the draft by a large margin and yes aware that Sanderson has been making ground, but not top 10 draft quality.
    But in this 2nd draft I like the thought you could get Stuzle, Rossi, and Drysdale or Holtz.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Really appreciate all the advice here!

At the moment I've got Byfield or Stutzle 2nd and 3rd (Byfield prioritized if available) Stutzle if not.

Then for 5th/6th I'm going to look at Rossi, Raymond, Holtz and Drysdale in that order.
    Team One (Mercenaries Of Mandalore) 24T Dynasty, 4LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 4B - G, A1, A2, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, HIT, BLK, FT, ||| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Team Two (Hamilton Tigers) 16T Dynasty - 3LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 6B - G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HIT, FOW| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Click here for my teams (not up to date)

Links are too a google document.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's Lemons View Post
    1st draft, Byfield at 2, then Stuzle, Raymond, Rossi or Holtz. For the 2nd draft, you've got Murray, Samsanov and Sorokin, so I don't see a need to draft Askarov that high at 6th OA. I like your goaltending there but was hard for me to see the rest of the team for some reason. Maybe look to fill a pressing hole with that 6th OA pick if there is one.
    Agree with above picks, you don't need to pick goalie that high, especially with your depth. With #6 go for top D man.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO