Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: MacKinnon vs package

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: MacKinnon vs package

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post
    Lafreniere SOUNDS like real deal... but just last year we were being told that Jack Hughes was “generational.” Before that, Dahlin was “generational.” MacKinnon is worth the price. Hype vs. superstar.
    Exactly. Hughes is not generational. Lafreniere could be - he's a winger, and McDavid ( assuming he's your choice as most recent generational forward) is a center, and if you want to divide the positions that way, I'm okay with that. Kind of like Crosby/Ovechkin.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I like that you got MacKinnon but I don't like the "tinkering".. Boqvist is going to be a beast!! But you have to pay to play!! Not sure why a first place team would trade away MacKinnon.....??

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Exactly. Hughes is not generational. Lafreniere could be - he's a winger, and McDavid ( assuming he's your choice as most recent generational forward) is a center, and if you want to divide the positions that way, I'm okay with that. Kind of like Crosby/Ovechkin.
    I totally agree with S-G here!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I don't like the deal nearly as much with the extra additional pieces added on your part. I would have held firm on the original offer or kept what you had, but what's done is done.
    I don't think that dropping from 9th to 11th overall is a big deal in this trade. If that's what it took to get the deal done, I wouldn't sweat it. But, I would remember that last minute change from that owner for the future, and make sure that I returned the favour down the road

edit: I just realized that Boqvist took the place of Heinola. Yeah, that's a tough swap. Guys like that, when they are seeking you out and trying to switch things around on you to get an even sweeter deal than the one that they originally offered - I find that if I just say no or that "I'll think about it", they usually back down and do the original deal. Lesson learned for next time. There are a few guys like that in my league, and I know to walk away from them if they don't immediately accept initial terms (and then you trash them to the other owners so no one wants to trade with them anymore haha).

Administrator

I would have held firm on Heinola being in the deal and not Boqvist and used the 9th/11th swap as bait to finalize the deal. Don't let him bait and switch you into worse terms. Always be willing to walk away. You don't have to complete the trade immediately.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust