Thread: Season's Done, Cuts needed to get back into Cap Compliance

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Season's Done, Cuts needed to get back into Cap Compliance

Hi all,
    Well now that the season is done, I need to make 2 cuts to my team since I can't stash players on the IR any longer (plus I am now about 3.5 million over the cap).
    I have been thinking about who to cut, and I keep coming back to the same two or three guys: Montour, who will save me 3.387, Ennis, who gives me 0.800 more in relief (Sanheim is the other player I was thinking for 3.250 more in space). I can stop here, but the problem is that I am right at the 50 player cap, so if I want to draft anyone next year, I will have to clear out a player, one for one. I have the 4th pick in the draft so I will want to use it for sure. Is there anyone else you see that I should clear out now to free up more spaces, or should I just wait to see how things go come draft time in September? Would you drop anyone different from Montour and Ennis?

Thanks for any advice.
    10 team league, 50 player max, Salary Cap
    Dress weekly 3L, 3C, 3R, 3F, 6D, 2G
    Pts for skaters: G and A
    Pts for goalies: W, SO, -pts for GA

Players
    L Kempe Nugent-Hopkins Marchment Van Reimsdyk Gaudreau Hoglander
    C Giroux Zacha Cozens Kopitar Eriksson Ek Trocheck
    R Coyle Pastrnak Konecny
    D Chabot Weegar Gostisbehere Perunovich Theodore Raddysh

G Sorokin Shesterkin Dostal Vasilevskiy

IR: Hamilton

Farm: Lardis Petrov Perreault Howard Cooley Poitras Bourque Sawchyn Pinelli Rossi Graf Lucius Brink Gunler Nazar Tomasino Leonard Zellweger Lamoureux Poirier Gulyayev Broberg Lohrei Thrun Sogaard

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Season's Done, Cuts needed to get back into Cap Compliance

I think you’re correct in targeting Ennis (least upside) and Montour (decent cap savings and not terribly enjoying him in Buffalo)

Dobber Sports Titan

Which O'Connor?

Toews doesn't seem like he's worth rostering either considering your league size, C depth, weekly settings, and his cap hit. Him along with Ennis, Sikura, and Montour would be what I would look at. That gets you compliant, space to use the 4OV pick, and 10M extra to spend on a FA for a position that will help you more (probably LW).
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

It's is the one on Pittsburgh, point taken on Toews and Sikura. I will have to drop Toews prior to next season anyway, once contracts kick in for Chabot, Vasilevskiy and other free agents. Who knows what the cap will be next year after this crisis is over...

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Which O'Connor?

Toews doesn't seem like he's worth rostering either considering your league size, C depth, weekly settings, and his cap hit. Him along with Ennis, Sikura, and Montour would be what I would look at. That gets you compliant, space to use the 4OV pick, and 10M extra to spend on a FA for a position that will help you more (probably LW).
    10 team league, 50 player max, Salary Cap
    Dress weekly 3L, 3C, 3R, 3F, 6D, 2G
    Pts for skaters: G and A
    Pts for goalies: W, SO, -pts for GA

Players
    L Kempe Nugent-Hopkins Marchment Van Reimsdyk Gaudreau Hoglander
    C Giroux Zacha Cozens Kopitar Eriksson Ek Trocheck
    R Coyle Pastrnak Konecny
    D Chabot Weegar Gostisbehere Perunovich Theodore Raddysh

G Sorokin Shesterkin Dostal Vasilevskiy

IR: Hamilton

Farm: Lardis Petrov Perreault Howard Cooley Poitras Bourque Sawchyn Pinelli Rossi Graf Lucius Brink Gunler Nazar Tomasino Leonard Zellweger Lamoureux Poirier Gulyayev Broberg Lohrei Thrun Sogaard

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I agree with Ennis/Montour, and second EB on Toews.

I can see wanting to replace Sikura with a better player, and you may have a couple more of those type of upgrades you can do by cutting Toews.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.