Thread: Ehlers, Vrana, Fiala

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Ehlers, Vrana, Fiala

Points only keeper league, how would you rank these three?
    20 team, 56 player roster (30 minors) Full Dynasty Salary Cap H2H League. G, A, SOG, STP, HIT, BLK, FOW, TK/GV, GPT3, SV, SV%ES
    14 team, 29 player roster (6 Minors) - Keep 20 players + 6 Minors Dynasty H2H League G, A, P, PPG, PPA, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SHO
    12 team, 18 player roster - Full Re-Draft H2H League. G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG. W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Ehlers, Vrana, Fiala

Ehlers, Fiala, Vrana

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Ehlers and Fiala should both be around 65 points, but I'd give Fiala the edge with a higher upside. I'd put Vrana around the 60 point mark.
    So for me it's:
    Fiala
    Ehlers
    Vrana

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by sweetcelly View Post
    Ehlers and Fiala should both be around 65 points, but I'd give Fiala the edge with a higher upside. I'd put Vrana around the 60 point mark.
    So for me it's:
    Fiala
    Ehlers
    Vrana
    Seconded.

Dobber Sports Stud

I think Ehlers has the highest upside of the three. He's been stuck on the 2nd PP but it's only a matter of time with Wheeler aging imo.

Ehlers
    Fiala
    Vrana

They're all close though and it might come down to deployment. Right now, Fiala probably has the best situation to thrive.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Deity

Ehlers
    Fiala
    Vrana
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

For me it's: Ehlers, Fiala, and Vrana..

All solid youngsters, but it's going to come down to usage and linemates.. I feel as though Ehlers has a ton of talent around him and I feel like he and Laine are going to form quire the duo..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Ehlers
    Fiala
    Vrana

Dobber Sports Icon

Another vote for

Ehlers
    Fiala
    Vrana

Dobber Sports Recruit

Ehlers vrana fiala

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Vrana
    Ehlers
    Fiala

Although I could be easily persuaded to switch Vrana and Ehlers.
    12 team dynasty, weekly H2H, daily starts
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1UTL, 2G, 7 Bench - 23 player roster, unlimited farm system
    Cats - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIMS, PPP, SHP, Hits, SOG, BS, W, GAA, S%, S and SO

C - Crosby, MacKinnion, Bergeron, Kopitar and Pageau
    LW - Marchand, Pacioretty, Nugent-Hopkins (C) and Vrana
    RW - Stone, Voracek, Duclair (LW), T. Wilson and Tanev (LW)
    D - Hedman, Doughty, Trouba, Weber and Giordano
    G - Holtby, Binnington, Quick and M. Koskinen
    Farm
    Highlights - Cernak, V. Soderstrom, T. Harley, V. Heinola, R. Andersson, C. Garland, C. Grundstrom, P. Kochetkov
    Picks - 2020 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th

Dobber Sports Ace

On an individual skill level, I think they are close enough that, to answer this question, I have to consider their teams and their situations on their teams.

- Ehlers: Second line deployment, PP2. This has been pretty consistent, as has his 60-65 point production. That's what I expect from him again next season. However, I also think that he has the best team to grow with into the future, so as someone like Wheeler phases out, Ehlers could become more of a regular 75 point player.

- Fiala: Easily the worst team and linemate options. Top line deployment and PP1, but linemates who are more in the vein of second and third line players. This will limit his upside, but with his heavier minute load, I still have him as a 65 point player.

- Vrana: Basically it comes down to this: Can he permanently get himself onto the PP1? If not, his minutes will continue to toil in the 14 minute range per game, and limit his production. I have him as a 50-60 point player (consistent with his production this season, when he did have some run on the PP1). If Vrana can get that deployment this year, I see him at 70 points. Something to keep in mind with him is that Ovi and Backstrom (and even Carlson) are onto their back nine (which, as we've seen countless times before, can still have great years)

IF I'M THINKING ABOUT NEXT SEASON: Fiala (top deployment), Ehlers (know what to expect), Vrana (risk/reward just doesn't balance for me)

THREE YEARS FROM NOW: Ehlers (great young core, some veterans will age out), Vrana (top deployment, top players still producing at a high enough level), Fiala (as things stand, outside of the POSSIBILITY of KK, who is going to help this guy?)

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by tobias View Post
    On an individual skill level, I think they are close enough that, to answer this question, I have to consider their teams and their situations on their teams.

- Ehlers: Second line deployment, PP2. This has been pretty consistent, as has his 60-65 point production. That's what I expect from him again next season. However, I also think that he has the best team to grow with into the future, so as someone like Wheeler phases out, Ehlers could become more of a regular 75 point player.

- Fiala: Easily the worst team and linemate options. Top line deployment and PP1, but linemates who are more in the vein of second and third line players. This will limit his upside, but with his heavier minute load, I still have him as a 65 point player.

- Vrana: Basically it comes down to this: Can he permanently get himself onto the PP1? If not, his minutes will continue to toil in the 14 minute range per game, and limit his production. I have him as a 50-60 point player (consistent with his production this season, when he did have some run on the PP1). If Vrana can get that deployment this year, I see him at 70 points. Something to keep in mind with him is that Ovi and Backstrom (and even Carlson) are onto their back nine (which, as we've seen countless times before, can still have great years)

IF I'M THINKING ABOUT NEXT SEASON: Fiala (top deployment), Ehlers (know what to expect), Vrana (risk/reward just doesn't balance for me)

THREE YEARS FROM NOW: Ehlers (great young core, some veterans will age out), Vrana (top deployment, top players still producing at a high enough level), Fiala (as things stand, outside of the POSSIBILITY of KK, who is going to help this guy?)
    Great analysis my friend!! Rep given!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thank you for all the great responses!!