Thread: McMichael/Robertson/Norris vs Stutzle/Rossi/Raymond/Holtz/Drysdale

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default McMichael/Robertson/Norris vs Stutzle/Rossi/Raymond/Holtz/Drysdale

Ignore the team in the sig I haven’t updated

McMichael, N. Robertson And Norris are available to be drafted in my dynasty league. I have 5 of top 10 picks in first round after a rebuild. 2 in the top 4 lottery(undecided) and the 5th 7th and 10th

Lafrenière and Byfield are locked in at 1 and 2 for me if If I land in the top 2. Im taking Askarov at 5th if he’s available there. If I end up with 3rd 4th and 5th I’ll be taking Askarov there as well. High for a goalie I know but he’s hyped and goalies are super valuable in trades in my league.

I’m curious where/how people think these 3 drafted kids stack up against the 2020 draft class. I’m pretty sure I have Rossi and Stützle locked in above them, but would anyone take McM, Robertson or Norris at 7th or 10th or even earlier above any of this draft class?

Seems tough to find comparison articles/tools for this kind of analysis/question. Appreciate any input, thanks.
    12 Team Dynasty. 26 man Roster. 15 Farm

G, A, P, PIM, PPG, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK, Takeaways

Wins, GAA, SV%, Saves

3LW 3C 3RW 6D 2Util 2G

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: McMichael/Robertson/Norris vs Stutzle/Rossi/Raymond/Holtz/Drysdale

Stutzle
    Raymon
    Rossi
    Holtz
    Robertson
    Norris
    McMichael
    Drysadle

this is my list, i also think you are nuts to pick Askarov at 5th ...7th probably too high...10th is where i would take him..
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Oh I know it’s high as I stated. Goalies don’t get moved a lot in my league and when they do it’s usually an overpayment. I don’t think he makes it to 7th. Definitely not 10th when I look at team needs of those drafting around me.

Appreciate the input though. Most stuff I see has mcmichael over Robertson and Norris. Interesting cause I kind of feel the same but mcmichael seems to be generally ranked higher

7th and 10th picks I think is where im gonna have issues deciding

Dobber Sports Padawan

Could you draft Askarov at 5th then swap him right after for more assets? You say people overpay for goalies and with the hype behind him, perhaps you could exploit that to your benefit? I'm just shooting out ideas.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Sophomore

That’s definitely plan A. Whether it happens short or long term I’m
    Not sure. Haven’t attempted. I know I could trade him though. I’ve Also got Elvis, knight and kahkonen already as prospects so it’s more of a gain a valuable pool specific asset than take the best skater pick. I know I’m going against the logic there, but I feel like I can afford to make the gamble with multiple high picks in the hopper for this draft.

I’m more concerned letting one of those drafted guys slip past me and they outperform someone I draft In that 7-10 range. I feel like stutzle and Rossi are fairly safe picks. Not sure about the rest I’ve listed.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I wouldn't have Robertson ahead of Norris or McMichael.
    He is not getting into the Leafs top 6 for at least 3 yrs.
    Plus I believe the other 2 have better upside and will get the better opportunities.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by TheDard View Post
    I wouldn't have Robertson ahead of Norris or McMichael.
    He is not getting into the Leafs top 6 for at least 3 yrs.
    Plus I believe the other 2 have better upside and will get the better opportunities.
    Not so sure about this statement. For a team built like the leafs with a high octane offence, dire need for D and Cap Issues, if Nick manages to impress or his play suggests he can step in, I think the Leafs jump at 3 years with an ELC for an impact addition (perhaps to move an existing mid 6 winger (Kappy/Johnsson) for that needed D. WHEN he arrives, watch out. He should be on everyone’s “fastest rising prospects” list.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Maybe use one of those "late" 1st round pick to acquire another prospect closer to making the NHL? People tend to pay higher than it should to be part of the draft, always looking for a shiny new toy.

Dobber Sports Stud

I'll easily take any of the 2020 draftees over the your trio of prospects. They all have high end first line potential. Of the three on your list, Robertson is head over heels over the others, in my opinion. Yes, he'll have to crack the Leafs' top 6 to have an impact, but considering his development this past year, it's hard to imagine him not doing so sooner rather than later.
    I don't think you're crazy for taking Askarov at 5, if goalies are high in demand in your league. However, without knowing where he winds up it's hard to recommend doing so. Talent is important, but opportunity is key when it comes to goalies. I was really high on Spencer Knight last offseason, but then he went to a team that signed a 2-time Vezina Winner to a 10mil contract for 8 years. Gonna take some time till he gets a crack at meaningful playing time, and by then, his value will go up and down at times so you wait till it's down and you jump on him. But 5th overall when we could be talking about Stutzle, Raymond, Rossi or Holtz is hard to recommend before the actual NHL draft. If Askarov winds up in say, Chicago or Ottawa, I'd be all over him at 5, since that's about as clear a path as possible that he'll get. If he goes to Montreal, for example, Carey Price is in front of him for the next half decade.

GET WELL SOON, DOBBER.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Oh ya I agree. I actually have Bob and Knight myself. Don’t expect to see Knight any time soon.

Also for any of these guys I’ll be looking at who lands where.

I guess the consensus here is that these guys at least fall outside the top 7 of this years crop which is good to know.