Thread: Looking to create 32-team dynasty league

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Looking to create 32-team dynasty league

Hello,

I am looking to create a new 32-team NHL dynasty league! $40! The fact hockey has been out so long has me reeling and I need my fix, I am an active owner in quite a few Fantrax leagues and so I want to test my luck in being a Commissioner. If you’re looking for a summer full of drafting, here’s a league I am working on.

If interested give me an email at: [email protected]

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...q3Q3XYlJw/edit

The Wolverine

Default Re: Looking to create 32-team dynasty league

Hello, you are welcome to have this post promoting your league, but please don't spam other threads as they will be deleted. Thanks.

Dobber Sports Recruit

new to this, don't know rules, sorry.

The Wolverine

No problem. Good luck.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by fantasyhockeycommish View Post
    Hello,

I am looking to create a new 32-team NHL dynasty league! $40! The fact hockey has been out so long has me reeling and I need my fix, I am an active owner in quite a few Fantrax leagues and so I want to test my luck in being a Commissioner. If you’re looking for a summer full of drafting, here’s a league I am working on.

If interested give me an email at: [email protected]

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...q3Q3XYlJw/edit

Personally I think you should lower the price if its your first time being a commissioner. My first league was free which was upped to $5, now I have a 2nd league which is $35, however, it's difficult - managing 16 teams in one league is hard enough let alone 32 and you're asking people to put $40 of their money (in this covid climate) in your hands.

It's totally up to you of course, I wish you all the best regardless but i thought having another commissioners view on this might help.
    Team One (Mercenaries Of Mandalore) 24T Dynasty, 4LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 4B - G, A1, A2, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, HIT, BLK, FT, ||| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Team Two (Hamilton Tigers) 16T Dynasty - 3LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 6B - G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HIT, FOW| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Click here for my teams (not up to date)

Links are too a google document.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

The problem with those large money dynasty leagues is that they're so hard to maintain for a long time.

At least 3-4 Gms will leave after the first season (or every year) if they draft badly, are in bad shape or don't like the league enough and then it's hard to find replacement who are willing to pay money to get bad/rebuilding team.

From my experience, it's best to keep it around 12-16 teams for money leagues. But I'm sure that there are some successful large money dynasty leagues

Good luck!

Dobber Sports Novice

I don't know. To me, $40 is FAR FAR FAR away from a "large money" league. In fact, that's about the lowest amount that would even be worth my time. Point is that everyone is different. $40 sounds very low to me. However, for a 32-team league, I can see people's point that the lower the amount, the better.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Sorry, english is not my 1st language. The "large" was meant for the league, not the money.

The lower the money the better yes, but if a team suck it's hard to find replacement who want to pay for it. And in a 32 team league, there will be people leaving each year for sure.