Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: NHL 1 Per Team Draft - Discussion

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: NHL 1 Per Team Draft - Discussion

Well we need some kind of standard otherwise we will have two different drafts going on. I know it's for fun and all but clear rules make it work better. So should we institute some kind of minimum games played or something? I just feel like the rules shouldn't disincentivize taking a great player on the team they're best known for. But it's whatever we decide as a group. Waiting for PHs thoughts!

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    Well we need some kind of standard otherwise we will have two different drafts going on. I know it's for fun and all but clear rules make it work better. So should we institute some kind of minimum games played or something? I just feel like the rules shouldn't disincentivize taking a great player on the team they're best known for. But it's whatever we decide as a group. Waiting for PHs thoughts!
    Maybe I am too blame for all the confusion. I do want this just to be for fun. And I did say if someone wants to choose Mike Modano as a Red Wing because the red jerseys brought out the colour of his eyes, that they could do that.

And I also did say that you could draft a player 'as long as we wore the jersey'. To this I was speaking to the question of whether Ilya Kovalchuk could be drafted as a Jet or Teemu Selanne being drafted as a Coyote. Cause it would just feel wrong to me if either of these happened as they never really wore the jersey.

I am a people pleaser and I just want this to be fun. And if people want to draft Modano for the one season he played in Detroit, I would let you.

My preparation was picking the 8-10 best players from each team for the time they spent with that team (I never even considered Modano for my Detroit list)... but I left loose ends and that is my apology.... And like I said... I am a people pleaser and I want this to be for fun.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Stud

Thanks, Penguin-pleaser. As for me, I’m going to stick with quality while “wearing the jersey,” but that’s just me - I’d find that approach more rewarding, spelled “ f u n .” But others, as you will.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post
    Thanks, Penguin-pleaser. As for me, I’m going to stick with quality while “wearing the jersey,” but that’s just me - I’d find that approach more rewarding, spelled “ f u n .” But others, as you will.
    This will be my approach... except when it comes to picking a penguin... I am debating between:

1) Kris Beech
    2) Ross Lupaschuk
    3) Michal Sivek

Or maybe you guys will let me draft all three of them and it would be the equivalence of Jaromir Jagr right Penguins fans??

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

The Great One

If the majority are going to go with quality wearing the shirt, then my Bobby Hull pick really should be assigned to Chicago, and not Winnipeg. Bobby barely played in Winnipeg (unless the WHL counts, but that's a whole other can of worms )

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    If the majority are going to go with quality wearing the shirt, then my Bobby Hull pick really should be assigned to Chicago, and not Winnipeg. Bobby barely played in Winnipeg (unless the WHL counts, but that's a whole other can of worms )
    I encourage it!

Otherwise I'm gonna make Howe a Whaler lol. Don't make me do it!

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Stud

PH - - not Beau Bennett?? Highlight of his time in Pittsburgh was injuring himself jumping into the glass as a goal celebration! Made of fragile stuff, that guy. LOL

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Gustavsson

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    I encourage it!

Otherwise I'm gonna make Howe a Whaler lol. Don't make me do it!
    I also am in favour because I know have a built in excuse for my draft. I changed strategy in round 2 and couldn't recover lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post
    PH - - not Beau Bennett?? Highlight of his time in Pittsburgh was injuring himself jumping into the glass as a goal celebration! Made of fragile stuff, that guy. LOL
    No. I want the three guys that they traded Jagr for that never amounted to anything...

The Penguins, however, came to learn that they had been fleeced by Washington. Beech, the supposed franchise player, played in 100 games for the Penguins in which he managed 10 goals and 17 assists for a total of 27 points. Michal Sivek, a left-shooting Czech centre, played 38 games and scored only six points. Ross Lupaschuk played all three of the NHL games he participated in during his career for the Penguins. He scored no points.

​​

Dobber Sports Stud

Trading Jagr (for $$$ issues, players irrelevant) for trash worked pretty well for Pittsburgh. Spelled “Fleury,” “Crosby,” “Malkin,” none of whom would’ve worn black and gold without that trade. Go ahead - honor those guys you listed.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Gustavsson

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    To be fair, I did receive a Bobby Hull - Winnipeg Jets tee shirt in a case of beer before.

Dobber Sports Stud

Two Sabres taken, before two of the of the Original Six have been touched. Duster Dave must be puking already. (No issues with either pick, personally... they’re true HOF.)

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Gustavsson

My apologies on the Perreault spelling!

I made the pick on my phone early this morning getting kids ready for day care!

I spelled it correctly when I got to work and updated the draft board!

​​

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    My apologies on the Perreault spelling!

I made the pick on my phone early this morning getting kids ready for day care!

I spelled it correctly when I got to work and updated the draft board!
    I was just ribbing you; I thought about taking "Gilbert PerrEault" this round but sometimes it's hard to demonstrate joking / being light hearted on here

I could tell you were joking. But still wanted to apologize for spelling a great players name wrong!

​​