Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Thread: NHL 1 Per Team Draft - Discussion

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: NHL 1 Per Team Draft - Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    What about players that have played for multiple teams? Can Gretzky be draft twice? Once for EDM and another for LA? (would be silly to draft him from STL or NYR)
    Sorry, good question. We addressed this in the other thread. A player can only be drafted once. So you can pick Gretzky for Edmonton or LA... but once he is drafted for once team... he no longer becomes available on the other teams he was part of. Adds to the strategizing.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Big Daddy

Alright, I'll go in I guess.
    PAT QUINN MEMORIAL CUP
    Clouds of Blood
    12 Team Head-to-Head
    G-A-PPP-SOG-FW-HIT-BLK / W-GAA-SV%-SV
    24 Man Roster
    Keep: 6 Forwards, 4 Defencemen, 1 Goaltender & 1 Prospect
    Keepers:
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Aho
    LW - Panarin
    RW - Pastrnak
    D - Hedman, Hamilton, Doughty, Burns
    G - Markström
    P - Cayden Primeau

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    Alright, I'll go in I guess.
    Awesome. Any thoughts on:

Vegas - Inclusion vs Exclusion

Roster combination?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Big Daddy

I’m open to anything. No sense in excluded Vegas in my opinion. As for roster set up, I’d go with the NHL set up.

12 F
    6 D
    2 G
    + 11 bench any position (1 G max/mandatory on bench)

Dobber Sports Guru

I say we include Vegas, but if you want an even number, what about having one pick that has to be a player from a defunct team?

So, I could take Kovalchuk for the Thrashers, or Ron Francis for Hartford.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I say we include Vegas, but if you want an even number, what about having one pick that has to be a player from a defunct team?

Is Teemue Selanne (Jets) from a defunct team?

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post

There was the question posed... do the Whalers count as Hurricanes players... do Nordiques count as Avalanche?

And someone responded with... if you can justify the pick... then make the pick.

Its going to be fun... and there isn't going to be a 'winner'... its just going to see different approaches and different strategies and most of all help us to pass time and to learn more about hockey!

​​

Dobber Sports Monster

With Selanne it's a question of whether he's considered a jet or coyote for the purposes of the draft. I think we should try to close these loopholes. Can't have some people skipping over a player only to have someone scoop him up using a later pick.

So sounds like people are in favour of including Vegas. Fair enough. Not many players to choose from but I suppose it's less of an issue than I imagined. It puts a premium on the top players but I guess we're on an even playing field so it's alright.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    With Selanne it's a question of whether he's considered a jet or coyote for the purposes of the draft. I think we should try to close these loopholes. Can't have some people skipping over a player only to have someone scoop him up using a later pick.

So sounds like people are in favour of including Vegas. Fair enough. Not many players to choose from but I suppose it's less of an issue than I imagined.
    I think the player has to have actually wore the Jersey. Picking Selanne as a Coyote just seems wrong to me.

I like the suggestion that if we are including Vegas, to offset... we pick a player from a defunct team.. then we would have a 32 round draft.

​​

Dobber Sports Monster

I like the defunct team idea. Allows for selection of some whalers, Nordiques etc. And I'm assuming we're keeping it to defunct NHL teams. Otherwise WHA could plausibly be included. Wayne Gretzky, Indianapolis Racers great! (not a good example but I think you get what I mean)

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    I like the defunct team idea. Allows for selection of some whalers, Nordiques etc. And I'm assuming we're keeping it to defunct NHL teams. Otherwise WHA could plausibly be included
    Yes, defunct NHL teams.

​​

Dobber Sports Stud

I’m a fan of Newfcollins’ idea - Vegas only has 30-ish players eligible, sure, but there’s only 6 of us (so far), no no lack for quality. Other than Fleury, who else even might be under consideration to be chosen elsewhere? Patches?? Comparing to MTL’s history, and only going 6 deep?? One wild card - or defunct team - makes it 32.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post
    I’m a fan of Newfcollins’ idea - Vegas only has 30-ish players eligible, sure, but there’s only 6 of us (so far), no no lack for quality. Other than Fleury, who else even might be under consideration to be chosen elsewhere? Patches?? Comparing to MTL’s history, and only going 6 deep?? One wild card - or defunct team - makes it 32.
    Mark Stone would be another one for the Sens.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Stud

Maybe. Stone is 10th in career points for Ottawa. But would you pick Dominik Hazel as an OTT goalkeeper? (10th in career wins...). Still, Stone if chosen As a Senator, he’d be ineligible as a Knight, and vice versa.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Its going to be fun... and there isn't going to be a 'winner'... its just going to see different approaches and different strategies and most of all help us to pass time and to learn more about hockey!
    If we aren’t going to determine a winner like we did in the history draft is anyone opposed to guys drafting their favourite players and not necessarily the best player available? Nothing far fetched, but just so it is a bit more fun drafting.
    Example: I wouldn’t take someone like Kaberle over Lidström but maybe someone like Kaberle over Scott Stevens? Just an example off the top of my head.