Thread: 4 firsts this year

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default 4 firsts this year

I have 4 first rounders this draft and need some help with rankings. It is a 'Points Only' keeper league with limit of 30 players, with 1 free agent lost each year. I want to take the best player available at each pick, not based on position at all. Likely picking 4, 5, 9 and 10.
    There are obviously all of the 2020 draft eligible players, but there are also a bunch of other prospects/first year guys still available like: Nick Robertson, Dominik Kubalik, Oliver Bjorkstrand, Rasmus Sandin, Tony DeAngelo, Victor Olofsson, Adam Fox, Pavel Francouz, Alex Newhook, Conner McMichael, Dante Fabbro, Cal Petersen, Frank Vatrano, Moritz Seider.

The Great One

Default Re: 4 firsts this year

We don't know how many teams are in your league. We don't know how many count at each position. We don't know if your team is close to competing or not. We don't really know very much at all...

Why is Newhook available? 16th overall pick and not drafted? Far too many unknowns to give you much advice.

Dobber Sports Rookie

[QUOTE=als_revenge;2053261]We don't know how many teams are in your league. We don't know how many count at each position. We don't know if your team is close to competing or not. We don't really know very much at all...

Why is Newhook available? 16th overall pick and not drafted?

There are 10 teams. 3 rounds of drafting each year. Count 4C, 6W, 4D, 2G. Points only. My team is in rebuild and I am just looking for highest ceiling. That is why I said position does not really matter to me, I am looking for best player/highest potential when I draft. So it seems like you would likely have Newhook fairly high?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Without knowing how much importance you're putting into youth and the long term, hard to know where to slot in the 2020 eligible youngsters, but I would rank my top 10 something like this as a starting point:

Lafreniere
    Olofsson
    DeAngelo
    Bjorkstrand
    Fox
    Stutzle
    Byfield
    Kubalik
    Rossi
    Perfetti

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Yah, I mean I'm not sure how guys like DeAngelo and bjorkstrand could possibly be available! This is super tough but with that list and ceiling fantasy value in mind I would use tiers:
    Tier 1: Lafreniere and Byfield (future franchise)
    Tier 2: DeAngelo, Fox, Bjorkstrand, Olofsson, Kubalik (more immediate value)
    Tier 3: Stutzle, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti (highest potential 2020)

If I had to cut 2 it would prob be Kubalik and Perfetti.

Tier 4: Drysdale, Askarov, Cal Petersen, Robertson, Newhook, Seider (your standouts for round 2 consideration)

Dobber Sports Stud

Don’t know how your GK points work, but with 4 firsts, if goalkeep points are valued, you’d have to consider Francouz with a late 1st. One of the best teams for next several years, and with strong and young defense corps. You have enough picks for offense - not getting goalie wins can kill in a points league.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post
    Don’t know how your GK points work, but with 4 firsts, if goalkeep points are valued, you’d have to consider Francouz with a late 1st. One of the best teams for next several years, and with strong and young defense corps. You have enough picks for offense - not getting goalie wins can kill in a points league.
    I wouldnt write off grubauer that quick. Francouz is already 30, remember. Peterson is far younger and I feel a clearer path to starter. And then theres Askarov. Tops for ceiling of the bunch.

Dobber Sports Rookie

You do not have Rasmus Sandin on this list at all. Did you intentionally leave him off the list or miss him? I tend to have Maple Leaf colored glasses so i may have him ranked higher then most people, but I had him up there with DeAngelo and Fox.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DDCRAVEN View Post
    You do not have Rasmus Sandin on this list at all. Did you intentionally leave him off the list or miss him? I tend to have Maple Leaf colored glasses so i may have him ranked higher then most people, but I had him up there with DeAngelo and Fox.
    im huge leafs fan but whatever you are smoking sir, i want!!!! must be good stuff

at some point he could be in that conversation but he aint close yet.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Lafreniere
    Byfield
    Olofsson
    DeAngelo
    Stutzle
    Fox
    Kubalik
    Bjorkstrand
    Rossi
    Robertson
    Newhook
    Raymond
    Perfetti
    Holtz
    Drysdale
    Sandin
    Seider
    Askarov
    McMichael
    Francouz
    Petersen
    Vatrano
    Fabbro

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Rection View Post
    Lafreniere
    Byfield
    Olofsson
    DeAngelo
    Stutzle
    Fox
    Kubalik
    Bjorkstrand
    Rossi
    Robertson
    Newhook
    Raymond
    Perfetti
    Holtz
    Drysdale
    Sandin
    Seider
    Askarov
    McMichael
    Francouz
    Petersen
    Vatrano
    Fabbro

Not a bad list.

I'd move DeAngelo up; Dobber has him ranked as a top-10 D in points only leagues. Olofsson will likely never be a top 50 forward.