Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nuge/Debrincat

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Nuge/Debrincat

In a points only league, who do you like and by how much?
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Nuge/Debrincat

Quote Originally Posted by bbfl1987 View Post
    In a points only league, who do you like and by how much?
    i like DeBrincat by a decent margin. DeBrincat’s 76 points last season already beat RNH’s career best. Also, the Cat is about 5 years younger with higher upside.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'd easily take deBrincat here as well. For a dimunitive forward, we may not see the best from him for a couple years, and he's already established a very high level of production. Nuge's point production is very dependent on who he plays with. If they put McDavid and Draisaitl together, Nuge can't drive his own line.

Dobber Sports Deity

I think this is closer than the previous two posters do.

The Oilers know full well the best way for them to be successful is to have at least two scoring lines going and that means separating the two-headed monster. Doesnt have to drive his own line when we know he can play with either McDavid or Draisaitl.

I think we can safely say that Debrincat showed that he cant really produce as well without Kane himself. Both are reliant on better linemates.

RNH last three year average. 178pts in 209 games. Thats good for 0.85ppg.

Debrincat last three year average: 173 pts in 234 games. Thats good for 0.73ppg.

Is RNH older, sure, but he JUST turned 27.

Give me Nuge here!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I think this is closer than the previous two posters do.

The Oilers know full well the best way for them to be successful is to have at least two scoring lines going and that means separating the two-headed monster. Doesnt have to drive his own line when we know he can play with either McDavid or Draisaitl.

I think we can safely say that Debrincat showed that he cant really produce as well without Kane himself. Both are reliant on better linemates.

RNH last three year average. 178pts in 209 games. Thats good for 0.85ppg.

Debrincat last three year average: 173 pts in 234 games. Thats good for 0.73ppg.

Is RNH older, sure, but he JUST turned 27.

Give me Nuge here!

Hey Axeman - Not trying to argue here, just want to understand how you analyze players, as I have really enjoyed your advice over the seasons. Is it fair to compare the last 3 seasons of RNH/DeBrincat considering RNH has averaged about 3:00 minutes more in ice time each of those 3 seasons? Also, one of those seasons was DeBrincat’s rookie year, and these are RNH’s prime years.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by zambronies View Post
    Hey Axeman - Not trying to argue here, just want to understand how you analyze players, as I have really enjoyed your advice over the seasons. Is it fair to compare the last 3 seasons of RNH/DeBrincat considering RNH has averaged about 3:00 minutes more in ice time each of those 3 seasons? Also, one of those seasons was DeBrincat’s rookie year, and these are RNH’s prime years.
    So you're saying his rookie year wasn't productive? Also, if he's averaging more than 3 mins more per game, isn't that another reason why he is should garner serious consideration when comparing the two? FWIW, RNH is just getting into his prime years now at 27 years of age. Also, Im pretty sure some of those extra 3mins per game is RNH killing penalties (which he does very well).

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

There’s trades and comparisons that have clear advantages, one over the other - this one (agreeing with Axeman) isn’t one of those. Being right or wrong will be by a sliver - - - or an injury. Personally I want at least one breakout-ready guy on my teams, YOU already have Meier, Kubalik, Robert Thomas... I might go for Nuge and the consistency with your roster.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    So you're saying his rookie year wasn't productive? Also, if he's averaging more than 3 mins more per game, isn't that another reason why he is should garner serious consideration when comparing the two? FWIW, RNH is just getting into his prime years now at 27 years of age. Also, Im pretty sure some of those extra 3mins per game is RNH killing penalties (which he does very well).
    These are all great points. I did not say DeBrincat’s rookie season was not productive, but it was a season where he saw just 14:48 of ice time. My logic was that RNH is already seeing over 20:00 minutes per game, while DeBrincat’s ice time should only increase, along with his production. However, I can definitely understand and appreciate why you favor Nuge!

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by zambronies View Post
    These are all great points. I did not say DeBrincat’s rookie season was not productive, but it was a season where he saw just 14:48 of ice time. My logic was that RNH is already seeing over 20:00 minutes per game, while DeBrincat’s ice time should only increase, along with his production. However, I can definitely understand and appreciate why you favor Nuge!
    Both are excellent players in their own regard. I just prefer Nuge here. I dont see Debrincat as the obvious choice that others seemed to here. To me, it would seem like the main thing others looked at was age and based choices on that primarily.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Not necessarily based on age, but on who has the higher ceiling. Nuge's ceiling has been established, while deBrincat still hasn't reached his breakout threshold (particularly for non-normal sized forwards). If he can get 76 as a sophomore, his ceiling could be in the 90 point range.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post
    There’s trades and comparisons that have clear advantages, one over the other - this one (agreeing with Axeman) isn’t one of those. Being right or wrong will be by a sliver - - - or an injury. Personally I want at least one breakout-ready guy on my teams, YOU already have Meier, Kubalik, Robert Thomas... I might go for Nuge and the consistency with your roster.
    I’ve actually made some deals lately and haven’t updated my sig.

What I’ve got heading into the draft is as follows..

F: Nuge, Nick Suzuki, Thomas, Kaprizov
    D: Hronek
    G: Merzlikins
    Prospects: Zegras, Zadina, N. Robertson, Caufield, Batherson, Ty Smith

Not sure if that changes things. The guy I’m talking to about a Nuge/Debrincat deal will not do straight up. I will need to add some. Impulsively I offered Nuge and Zadina. I have a big crush on Deb so I’m sure I’ll end up over paying. Haha
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

G:

IR:

Dobber Sports Stud

I don’t think you can go “wrong” either way — tho it would be nice if they ever start playing hockey again — one added factor in each player for the next few years is how Kubalik and Yamamoto affect their PP1 opportunities. Easy to see either of these guys dropped to PP2. Especially in Chicago, as none of Kane, DeBrincat, or Kubalik are likely to camp in the middle, and there’s only left and right - not three “sides.” Your man-crush aside.....

And yes, you’re over-paying
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by bbfl1987 View Post
    I’ve actually made some deals lately and haven’t updated my sig.

What I’ve got heading into the draft is as follows..

F: Nuge, Nick Suzuki, Thomas, Kaprizov
    D: Hronek
    G: Merzlikins
    Prospects: Zegras, Zadina, N. Robertson, Caufield, Batherson, Ty Smith

Not sure if that changes things. The guy I’m talking to about a Nuge/Debrincat deal will not do straight up. I will need to add some. Impulsively I offered Nuge and Zadina. I have a big crush on Deb so I’m sure I’ll end up over paying. Haha
    You would be over paying on the deal.
    Walk away.
    Right now these 2 players are fairly even, though I would give an edge to RNH. He can get the better linemates with McDavid and Drai. Yeah he hasn't panned out how everyone wants #1 overall pick to play, but well established and being a good consistent performer.

Dobber Sports Ace

Yup. I backed out. Thanks guys.

​Pre Draft

G:

IR:

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by sweetcelly View Post
    Not necessarily based on age, but on who has the higher ceiling. Nuge's ceiling has been established, while deBrincat still hasn't reached his breakout threshold (particularly for non-normal sized forwards). If he can get 76 as a sophomore, his ceiling could be in the 90 point range.
    See I disagree with this. RNH has yet to plateau in points so I dont see how you can say he's reached his ceiling. His points total have continued to climb with each passing season mainly because the surrounding cast around his has improved the past couple seasons.

Clearly Debrincat hasn't reached his ceiling yet (at least owners hope thats not the case; we cant predict the future) but how much more can we expect from him? We just don't know.

I still prefer the more RNH but I dont think Debrincat is a bad player. I think this is very close.