Thread: Josi in a points only salary cap dynasty?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Josi in a points only salary cap dynasty?

9M per next season and for many seasons to come....great points producer but with this salary, is it a good move to try to get him? What would you give for him?

Thanks!
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Josi in a points only salary cap dynasty?

Quote Originally Posted by CHunter View Post
    9M per next season and for many season to come....great points producer but with this salary, is it a good move to try to get him? What would you give for him?

Thanks!
    Try Yandle, and someone like Gourde or Granlund? That could interest him possibly
    12 team deep keeper league, 17 main roster players, 5 prospect players, max 2 goalie keepers for the main roster. point breakdown goes as follows:
    Skaters:
    G is 4 points, 5.2 points for D goals. A is 2.5 points, 3.25 points for defense. 0.07 per FOW, 0.2 points for blocks, hits, and SOG 0.5 points for PIMS and +/-, 3 for SHG, 1.5 for SHA.
    Goalies:
    GS is 1.5 points, -1 for GA, 0.2 for SV, 4 for SHO, and 3 for W.
    Team:
    https://www.fantrax.com/fantasy/leag...gi/team/roster

Dobber Sports Ace

In points only, salary cap leagues, if I'm putting $9 M into a player, it's going to be a forward with realistic 90+ point projections.

I think that Josi is incredible, but just like a wouldn't pay 9 M for a 65 point forward, I'm also not doing that for Josi in your format.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd pass. You already have an expensive defender with similar high upside in Karlsson, plus expensive goaltending.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Titan

It always depends on the acquisition cost. My cap league rankings are getting published with an update tomorrow (all next season numbers) and Josi is still pretty valuable, even considering the cost. He's one of the top D producers, and every Carlson owner from last season can tell you they have no regrets rostering him.

It would help if you could get something in return for Karlsson in order to clear some cap and make things easier on yourself if you were to acquire Josi. You may even be able to get him at a discount because for the first time in years he's going to be paid fairly (and not as a huge bargain).
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Superstar

Trade Karlsson for Josi, less injury worries with Josi. Wouldn't want 2 high price D in a league like this.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Ace

I will walk back my comment a little bit, in that I would trade Karlsson for Josi in a heartbeat.

I also didn't realize that your bench isn't counting against the cap, so with only three D spots to roster, you can afford Josi. Can and should are two different things, though. It's probably still not my preferred strategy, but it's more reasonable than I initially thought

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Magicstew View Post
    Trade Karlsson for Josi, less injury worries with Josi. Wouldn't want 2 high price D in a league like this.
    As for now, Karlsson doesn’t count on the cap since he’s on my bench...only players counting are the 12 fwds, 3d’s and 2G’s on the regular team....I can keep Karlsson without penalty on the cap...he only takes one spot of our 7 players needed on the bench....
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Deity

Josi has been a great bargain for many years, but at $9M, not so much. Personally, unless you are trading away another big money (even questionable) contract, I'd probably pass on Josi at this point.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by CHunter View Post
    As for now, Karlsson doesn’t count on the cap since he’s on my bench...only players counting are the 12 fwds, 3d’s and 2G’s on the regular team....I can keep Karlsson without penalty on the cap...he only takes one spot of our 7 players needed on the bench....
    If you want to, for example, activate Karlsson for a game, and bench Josi, you can freely do that and remain cap compliant? And then switch back?

The answer to that may make me change my mind.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.