Thread: Goalie upgrade

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Goalie upgrade

My priority in one of my dynasty leagues (settings in signature below) is to upgrade my goalies. I’m at the top of the league in skater categories, but my goalies are dragging me down – both Holtby and Georgiev are inconsistent and they are losing their starting job to younger, better options. It’s fair to assume that my chances to win next year depend on getting some stability in net.

There are very few possible trade options, and I’m thinking of sending an offer for Binnington:

Give: Holtby + Burakovsky + 2nd round pick (40th overall)

Get: Binnington + 1st round pick (19th overall)

Does that make sense? I know I have to give to receive good value back, and I want to offer something that will entice him to accept (his other goalie is Gibson). Should I offer another winger instead of Burakosvky?

I tend to lean to include him because he provides less peripherals than my other wingers. (I received Burakovsky in a trade that also got me RNH and H. Lindholm for Dubois and Pulock, so it’s not like losing goals and assists will burn me.)

My other option is to try to get Fleury or Grubauer from a guy who has three starting goalies – he also has Vasilevskiy. But that would also cost me a good winger for less value than Binnington, probably Kubalik.
    12 Teams H2H Dynasty, 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 12 bench
    G: 4.5 A: 2.5 STP: 1 SOG/Hits/Blocks: 0.5 W: 3 SV: 0.25 GA: -1 SHO: 2

C: Zibanejad, Couturier, Couture, Kadri, Nelson, Pageau
    LW: Miller, E. Kane, Schenn, Crouse, Vatrano, Henrique
    RW: Kucherov, Wilson, Giroux, Toffoli, Tippett, Wheeler, Eberle, Brown
    D: Chabot, S. Jones, DeAngelo, Krug, Spurgeon, Orlov, Gudas, Fehervary, Fowler
    G: Vasilevskiy, Hellebuyck, Thompson, Montembeault
    IR: Landeskog

21 minors (< 80GP):
    F : Miroshnichenko, Brink, Kovalenko, Beckman, Phillips, Sokolov, Farrell, Poitras, Dufour, Whitelaw
    D : Spence, Svozil, Pickering, Lacombe, Kaiser
    G: Silovs, Fowler, Bussi, Ersson, Zherenko, Kolosov

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Goalie upgrade

if the other owner accepts this deal by all means. Getting the additional first is the cherry on top, deal would not be outlandish without it involved either but yes you'll have to give to get and Holtby is only getting older.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Svech,Thoma s,ChandlerS.,Jenner,Couts,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Gudas,Harley
    G:Jarry,Ingram,Kotchetkov
    IR:Murphy,Rust,Guentzel

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Schmaltz
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Lehkonen
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov
    IR: Zegras,Norris,Vilardi,Kempe

The Great One

If you really want to target Binnington, my advice would be to consider an offer on him alone. 1st round picks are often overvalued. You might be blocking yourself from a deal simply by targeting a secondary asset.

Dobber Sports Wizard

i think other owner will find this offer insulting, maybe drop first rounder but even then im not accepting this if i own Binnington
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks guys - this all makes a lot of sense! I agree that adding the picks in the mix is plainly unhelpful/unreasonable.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I don't think adding them in is unreasonable, it may not be helpful. If you made it a 3rd going out for a 2nd coming back, it'd be a similar boost in draft order, but without the 1st round cachet.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.