Thread: Couturier

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Couturier

One year ago, I took control of an aging team in a keep all multi-cat dynasty with a farm system and no-max prospect. In my league, offensive foward are worth just a bit more than defensive foward. My team is trash and I'm building for a better future.

Couple of months ago I traded Burns and Richardson for Rathbone, Ceci & Maroon (for cap) and Couturier.

Now I think it's time to trade Couturier, he's older and
    much better (for now) than my core composed of Cirelli, Dach, Fox... (team in my signature)

I'm at the early stage of negociation but I received an offer:

1 round pick (12ov) + 1 round pick (16 ov) + 4 round pick (127 ov) vs Couturier

**Maybe the guy can add Cal Foote if I push a little and add a bit on my side**

You guys think it's good value? At the moment, I have: the 16 ov this year and 3 x first round pick in 2021. that would make 6x first in total for 2 years.

We can only draft from players selected in the first 5 rounds. If they are outside, we have to wait until they have played at least 1 game in the NHL. For instants, this year Kubalik, Marino, Gusev, Primeau & Mikheyev are possible choices. That mean better prospects for my team to pick I hope.

Thank you
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Couturier

Im not sure I'd call Couturier "older". He's barely 27 years old and to be honest, in his prime years for a few more to come.

I dont think it's a bad return for Couts but not sure what you think you will get with the players you'd draft at those spots. To me, you're worried about age than anything else at this point, and that usually is a recipe for years of disaster unless you are drafting at the top end of the draft year after year. These picks aren't at the top of the draft.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

True, I'm not saying he's a old man...I just feel like he's wasting he's prime years in a team as bad as mine (I feel like I'm talking of a real person). I'm probably not winning before 3-4 years... I think I should cash out while he's still in his prime.
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I don't like that deal at all. You're giving up a guy who is in his prime, is a 75 point guy, and isn't a drag in any categories for some non-prime picks. If you have FOW, the deal gets worse.

I'd much prefer picks and some sort of young known commodity. You can remove some of the bust risk on picks by simply getting guys who haven't failed yet, but are a year or two post-draft, whether it's in college, AHL, or NHL.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Question: How do you have the 16th overall draft pick this year, yet you are being offered the 16th(aswell as the 12th) overall draft pick this year in that offer??

And if your team is so bad, the word you used is "trash", then why don't you have any top 10 picks??

I don't mind the offer but I honestly think you could get more and I would ultimately wait to trade Couturier.. Why not trade players for younger players?? Draft picks, especially ones out of the top 10 are such wildcards..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by PicklePickle View Post
    True, I'm not saying he's a old man...I just feel like he's wasting he's prime years in a team as bad as mine (I feel like I'm talking of a real person). I'm probably not winning before 3-4 years... I think I should cash out while he's still in his prime.
    the Flyers are on the rise, they were one of the better teams before the pause. Couturier is about as consistent as they come and in his best years so enjoy the ride IMO. He is arguably the best second half player in the game as far as production uptick.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Svech,Thoma s,ChandlerS.,Jenner,Couts,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Gudas,Harley
    G:Jarry,Ingram,Kotchetkov
    IR:Murphy,Rust,Guentzel

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Schmaltz
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Lehkonen
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov
    IR: Zegras,Norris,Vilardi,Kempe