Thread: Florida prospects

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Florida prospects

Looking to see what everyone has to say about these 3 players; Grigori Denisenko, Owen Tippet, Aleski Heponiemi.

Like I don't see Heponiemi making it till 2021-22 at the earliest, but he still shows lots of promise.
    Believe that Hoffman will play elsewhere next season, and that opens the spot for Tippet and Denisenko to fight it out at camp for a spot in the top 6.

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Florida prospects

I'd probably rank them the exact way you have them listed in regards to how excited I am about their NHL potential. All three have NHL skillset. It usually comes down to opportunity and how they transition to the 200-foot NHL game. Quenneville loves a 200 foot player and someone who can play in both ends of the rink and these kids will need to prove to Coach Q they can do that before they will get a true shot at reaching their potential.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

once Tippet comes keep him on your radar, his release is absurd, he should score some goals.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Guentzel,Sv ech,Thomas,Rust,Jenner,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault,Sc hwartz,Arvidsson
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Harley,Pettersson
    G:Jarry,Kotchetkov,Stolarz
    IR:Gudas,Vilardi

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Kempe,Vilardi
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Nyquist
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Agree with Axe on the order of their potential. Another you haven't mentioned is Borgstrom who could be a roadblock to these guys playing any significant amount of time next season.
    A lot will depend on if the rumours are true about him going back to Europe.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Hour View Post
    Agree with Axe on the order of their potential. Another you haven't mentioned is Borgstrom who could be a roadblock to these guys playing any significant amount of time next season.
    A lot will depend on if the rumours are true about him going back to Europe.
    i was just about to say that....at worst he is even with Denisenko for me. Only thing is he is the center so if they looking for a wing it may not be him...other 3 guys can all play on the wing.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Initiate

I didn't mention Borgstrom because he's already been in the lineup at points over the last 3 seasons. This season only 4 games.
    I want to see him do well and succeed. But I think he stays in the AHL for the 20-21 season, or at least to start. Will need to show improvement his strength and show more consistency.

As Belexus said Florida has a bit of bigger hole to fill on the wing. More so if both Dadonov and Hoffman leave in free agency, that kills their right wing. Denisenko has an easier path to the LW, but Tippet is behind Dado and Hoff on the RW.

Dobber Sports Star

You may want to downgrade all non-lottery Florida prospects a sliver because it seems that the organization isn't great at developing them. You look at their picks over the past several years and to my mind only Barkov at 1-2 and Huberdeau at 1-3 have met or exceeded expectation. And those guys were drafted so high, their positive performance may have been more of them being can't miss guys, as opposed to Florida's system doing anything to develop them. You could conclude that Florida might not be good at drafting and so their non-lottery picks were overreaches. But that should be taken into account when valuing Florida prospects, you don't want to rely on a Florida first-rounder having a "first-rounder" pedigree because maybe Florida isn't good at identifying them past the lottery pick level.

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/...r00005763.html

Dobber Sports Stud

I understand the above post - but now that Quenneville is there, I’d have hopes that the organization WILL actually bring some turnover to youth. “Win now” with their current roster won’t work, and they’ll be the new Minnesota Wild - always in the middle of the pack, never getting a top-3 draft pick. Of all the prospects, I think Tippett is best first-line material to play with Sasha Barkov.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson