Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Blockbuster!! Who wins?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Blockbuster!! Who wins?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Baby View Post
    My thoughts are as follows.

I can argue and so can many of you that....
    Kane-Burns $18.5m/older
    Tavares-klingberg $15.2m/younger

Is a pretty fair swap.
    Side A- more expensive, more points, shorter term.
    Side B- cheaper, less points, longer term.

And if you look at the underlying numbers on any of the popular star sites, you’ll see that klingberg and Tavares win on almost every metric related to scoring.

I don’t believe that in our pool, with our setup, that the 88’s are not so much more valuable than JT&JK, to warrant a booster of Marchesualt and two pretty solid draft picks in return for D Nurse.

Btw I am one of the people who does not love this deal.
    I think in the end you can nitpick certain elements of this trade but I can't see how this could be construed as a vetoable trade. It's too close imo. Even the nurse for March and picks part of the deal is pretty close. Far from lopsided.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    If I want to win soon, I want the Kane side. If I want more long-term assets, I want the Tavares side.

If this is what people are saying is a controversial trade, your league has a problem with trades. And since it's a 6 team league, you only need 2 complaining owners for you league to have a problem with trades, maybe only 1 if they are really loud.
    I am the GM who traded away Kane and burns in this deal. In our pool which has been going on for 8 plus years never has there been an owner who at draft date said I'm going to draft my team for 3 years down the road. We draft our teams to win for that year. You are correct in saying that in a 6 team League all you need is two owners to complain and then you have a problem and that is 100% correct cuz there are only 2 owners complaing. Big baby and someone else.
    6 Team Keeper.
    Salary Cap $108M with 3 players at 75% price. Points only G/A=1, Hattrick = +3, W= 2, SO = +3, OTL/SOL = +1

12 F, 6 D, 2 G, 8 Reserves (any position)

Forwards
    Pastrnak $8.4, Eichel $7.5, MacKinnon $9.4, Ovechkin $9.5, JT Miller $8.0, RNH $5.1, Malkin $6.1, Marchand $6.1, Rust $5.1, Stephenson $2.7, M. Raymond $0.9, Terry $7.0, Duchene $3.0, P Kane $0.0, Mittelstadt $2.5, Kreider $6.5
    Defence
    Sandin $1.4, Montour $3.5, R Andersson $4.5, Barrie $4.5, J Carlson $8.0, McAvoy $9.5, Giordano $0.8, Byram $3.8, Hedman $7.8
    Goalies
    Vasilevsky $9.5, Kuemper $5.2, F Andersen $3.4, Korpisalo $4.0

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Would be interested in hearing about the controversy from the OP....
    I am the GM who traded Kane away and made big baby post this on the forum. I still do not understand how he is complaining that this has a lopsided trade below are numbers for the players from their last five years. There is a reason he calls himself big baby

Compare any of the last 5 years

Kane (84,110,76,89,106)
    Tavares (60,88,84,66,70)

Burns (45,83,67,76,75)
    Klingberg (32,45,67,49,58)

Where is the problem, the 2 draft picks?

He was hoping to get a different response by posting it on the forum but clearly he didn't get what he wanted to hear
    6 Team Keeper.
    Salary Cap $108M with 3 players at 75% price. Points only G/A=1, Hattrick = +3, W= 2, SO = +3, OTL/SOL = +1

12 F, 6 D, 2 G, 8 Reserves (any position)

Forwards
    Pastrnak $8.4, Eichel $7.5, MacKinnon $9.4, Ovechkin $9.5, JT Miller $8.0, RNH $5.1, Malkin $6.1, Marchand $6.1, Rust $5.1, Stephenson $2.7, M. Raymond $0.9, Terry $7.0, Duchene $3.0, P Kane $0.0, Mittelstadt $2.5, Kreider $6.5
    Defence
    Sandin $1.4, Montour $3.5, R Andersson $4.5, Barrie $4.5, J Carlson $8.0, McAvoy $9.5, Giordano $0.8, Byram $3.8, Hedman $7.8
    Goalies
    Vasilevsky $9.5, Kuemper $5.2, F Andersen $3.4, Korpisalo $4.0

Dobber Sports Initiate

I think whoever is complaining is just pissed that they didn't get a trade like this or missed out on this potential trade.
    Maybe they were after Tavares or Kane.

I think the 2 complaining about this trade need to step back and remember it's just fantasy hockey.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by z420-81 View Post
    I am the GM who traded away Kane and burns in this deal. In our pool which has been going on for 8 plus years never has there been an owner who at draft date said I'm going to draft my team for 3 years down the road. We draft our teams to win for that year. You are correct in saying that in a 6 team League all you need is two owners to complain and then you have a problem and that is 100% correct cuz there are only 2 owners complaing. Big baby and someone else.
    Well, I guess that shows that sometimes forum names are very apt descriptors.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by z420-81 View Post
    Have no problem with this trade, seeing your roster it is set up to win now. 3-5 years down the road the other team probably comes out ahead but it it will depend on who they draft with the picks.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Big Baby View Post
    My thoughts are as follows.

I can argue and so can many of you that....
    Kane-Burns $18.5m/older
    Tavares-klingberg $15.2m/younger

Is a pretty fair swap.
    Side A- more expensive, more points, shorter term.
    Side B- cheaper, less points, longer term.

And if you look at the underlying numbers on any of the popular star sites, you’ll see that klingberg and Tavares win on almost every metric related to scoring.

I don’t believe that in our pool, with our setup, that the 88’s are so much more valuable than JT&JK, to warrant a booster of Marchesualt and two pretty solid draft picks in return for D Nurse.

Btw I am one of the people who does not love this deal.
    I think you are too critical here. Both sides get what they want and it's not lopsided on either side enough to get upset about. Short term, the Kane side wins IMO. Probably for the next couple seasons. After that, we'll see. Elite players play at an elite level for a long time and sometimes (most times) too much focus is on age and not performance. If the team getting Kane is in it to win it this year, then nothing wrong with pushing all-in for the win.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."