Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rebuild Question / Help

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Rebuild Question / Help

I'm looking at rebuilding as I know I cannot win / really compete next season. I went all in at a chance for a 3-peat and I have no picks before the 4th round in next year's draft so am looking at a tank year and to compete in 21-22. As part of the process I obviously need to make some trades. Would like to trade aging guys post-draft only (Marchessault, Stamkos, Kopitar, Kessel) but everyone is on the table now.

Current offer is:

My Panarin + Stamkos for his Boeser + Vrana + Malkin (I would flip Malkin after the draft for something but probably not much given he's 34 and has injury issues - likely could get a 3rd 4th rd pick for him in 21-22 imo).

Would an upgrade of Konecny in the place of Boeser or Vrana change your minds? Could also maybe get a 2nd round pick added.

Also - anyone who has traded Panarin recently, please let me know what you received for him in exchange.
    League: H2H - Keep 15
    Managers: 12
    Rosters: 25 (4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 5BN)

Scoring Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PPG, PPA, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, BLK, HIT, W, L, GAA, SV, SV%, SO

Projected Keepers in Bold (Rebuild)
    C: Bedard, Cozens, Zegras, Lundell, B. Hayton, A. Cirelli, JG Pageau
    LW: Svechnikov, Raymond, Byfield, Laine, D. Voronkov, A. Henrique
    RW: Caufield, Jarvis, Perfetti, Marchenko, J. Quinn, K. Kakko
    D: Seider, Bouchard, L. Hughes, Sanderson, Korchinski, Romanov
    G: Demko, Kochetkov, Thompson, Askarov

Championships: 2016, 2018, 2019

I...am your father.

Default Re: Rebuild Question / Help

No don't do this. Breaks down to Boeser and Vrana for Panarin and that's not close IMO
    In fact, he's the best player in this deal. And he's 82 games guaranteed, which is gold.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Star

Vrana is not someone who drives the bus, he rides the bus. Don't base a move on getting guys who need superior players to propel them forward. Panarin is great anywhere, and you should be getting a better young player than either Boeser or Vrana for him.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by FFleming5 View Post
    I'm looking at rebuilding as I know I cannot win / really compete next season. I went all in at a chance for a 3-peat and I have no picks before the 4th round in next year's draft so am looking at a tank year and to compete in 21-22. As part of the process I obviously need to make some trades.
    Why? It's not like the guys you are trading will retire or be AHLers by 21-22...

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Wizard

its a no, specially if your league considers Malkin as washed up and cant produce...i think he still has 2-3 season at 75 plus and should get you very nice return if age isnt more important than production.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Initiate

I wouldn't make that trade at all. You would lose the trade before the puck even drops for next NHL season.

If you are looking to gather up some picks. See what Stastny, Kessel and Drouin could get.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thanks for talking me off the ledge - it doesn't make sense for the reasons you all addressed.

1) What kind of return would you expect from Panarin in exchange for younger player/s - or is it just not worth it?
    2) How about the Stamkos side of the deal - is it worth trading him for Malkin and a 10th overall

The Great One

If your goal is to compete after one season, why are you sound motivated to trade players that will be really good in that time frame?

I think you are over-emphasizes tanking; what you should be emphasizing (IMO) is retooling.

I...am your father.

Thanks for talking me off the ledge - it doesn't make sense for the reasons you all addressed.

1) What kind of return would you expect from Panarin in exchange for younger player/s - or is it just not worth it?
    2) How about the Stamkos side of the deal - is it worth trading him for Malkin and a 10th overall
    You build your team around Panarin, even if your goal is three years from now, he'll still be putting up points. If in midseason the Pettersson or Matthews, (insert young star) owner loses him for the season, then you 'could' trade Panarin for a star of that caliber PLUS a good package of picks and/or prospects for your trouble. But no motivation for you to trade him right now.

The Stamkos trade might be worth exploring
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Initiate

The Stamkos offer might be something to explore.

If someone offers you something for Panarin. It best start with 1st rd pick, a 2nd or 3rd round pick, and a top end prospect or solid young player (24 or under) who still hasn't fulfilled his potential, but is currently top 6 quality forward.

Dobber Sports Deity

Some smart advice in this thread for anyone looking at "blowing it up" and doing a rebuild on their team.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Some smart advice in this thread for anyone looking at "blowing it up" and doing a rebuild on their team.
    Instead of rebuilding your team, maybe you should rebuild your mindset!

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Instead of rebuilding your team, maybe you should rebuild your mindset!
    LOL yep. Re-tool is a better way to do it. Too many get lost in the whole "burn it to the ground " mentality and end up losing more trades than they win.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

Yes - thanks again gents.

Updates:

Just received an offer of Heiskanen, a 3rd overall pick and a 4th rd pick for Panarin - I think this is a better offer than others I've received but still holding tight for now.

Traded Stamkos for 7th and 8th overall picks and Dadonov which should net another solid pick for 21-22. Dadonov has more value than Malkin to my league so thats an upgrade. Stammer is a solid piece and should continue to be productive going forward but since I'll lose a year in his prime while re-tooling its fair in my mind. Just need to make good decisions on draft day.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Yes - thanks again gents.

Updates:

Just received an offer of Heiskanen, a 3rd overall pick and a 4th rd pick for Panarin - I think this is a better offer than others I've received but still holding tight for now.

Traded Stamkos for 7th and 8th overall picks and Dadonov which should net another solid pick for 21-22. Dadonov has more value than Malkin to my league so thats an upgrade. Stammer is a solid piece and should continue to be productive going forward but since I'll lose a year in his prime while re-tooling its fair in my mind. Just need to make good decisions on draft day.
    With your scoring categories I\m not trading Panarin, he will be gold the next 3-5 years. Keep 12. I keep Panarin. You just need to retool.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO