Thread: Top 4 pick

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Top 4 pick

I am guaranteed to pick in the top 4.
    If I get 1st overall I'd most likely draft Cale Makar. However not sure who I would take at 2nd 3rd or 4th.
    Top guys available after Makar.
    Jack Hughes
    Kirby Dach
    Kappo Kakko
    Nikita Gusev
    Adam Fox
    Dominik Kubalik
    Barret Hayton
    Gabriel Vilardi
    Igor Shesterkin
    Erik Brannstrom
    Joel Farabee
    Ilya Samsonov

So wondering how you'd rank guys after Makar for the next 5 pics; 2nd to 5th.
    It is for my team in signature
    12 team Card Hockey League. Use stats from last NHL season ex: 2022-23 stats will be used for our 23-24 season cards
    Fwds: MacKinnon, Pastrnak, Rantanen, M Tkachuk Scheifele, Marchand, B Nelson, Stephenson, J Toews, R Thomas, Lundell, E Rodrigues, Sissons, Lowry, M Foligno, D Guenther, Mangiapane, Pacioretty, Huberdeau, Wheeler
    Dmen: Makar, D Toews, Dobson, Sergachev, S Jones, Graves, Carlo, Gudas, Byram, Girard, Thrun
    Goalies: Vanecek, Francouz, Samsonov

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Top 4 pick

Interesting rules.....

Kubalik is clear #2
    Shesterkin, #3 - cloudy after that, but
    Samsonov - 4
    Gusev - 5
    Fox - 6
    Dach ??
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Makar
    Shesterkin
    Kakko
    Fox
    Hughes
    Kubalik
    Dach
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Wizard

Shesterkin
    Kakko
    Hughes
    Makar
    Kubalik
    Fox

This would be my list, i always go for Forwards high in draft, very rarely for G and never for D. That is why i put Makar 4th. However, i have G at number one and here is the reason. We are all pretty confident he is starting the season as #1 in NY. If he does and stands on his head first month, you can flip him for much more then anybody on this list imo. Im drafting value here and not a player to help me necessarily.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by TheDard View Post
    I am guaranteed to pick in the top 4.
    If I get 1st overall I'd most likely draft Cale Makar. However not sure who I would take at 2nd 3rd or 4th.
    Top guys available after Makar.
    Jack Hughes
    Kirby Dach
    Kappo Kakko
    Nikita Gusev
    Adam Fox
    Dominik Kubalik
    Barret Hayton
    Gabriel Vilardi
    Igor Shesterkin
    Erik Brannstrom
    Joel Farabee
    Ilya Samsonov

So wondering how you'd rank guys after Makar for the next 5 pics; 2nd to 5th.
    It is for my team in signature
    I have no idea what a fantasy hockey card league is.

Can you offer more details on your league setup. Is this a roto or a H2H format? What stats are used for determining a winner. Is there a limit on how many you start at varying positions?

I cant offer an accurate reply on the information here right now. Need more details on the league and the setup.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

This is a board game. The cards we use are generated from the player stats from the previous NHL season. So my league's 2020-21 season we will be using the player stats from the 2019-20 NHL season. We play 22 games. So every team twice.

You have 3 lines. 3 fwds and 2 dmen.
    1 goalie starts. Then on your bench is 3 players and 1 backup goalie.
    At seasons end you can protect upto 28 players. You can protect more players if you win awards or go far into the playoffs.
    There is a salary cap system but it is long to explain.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Is this Strat-O-Matic, or something else?

Here's a quick report from hockey-reference that may help you not miss anyone. I specifically want to know if Marino, Suzuki, Mikheyev, or Adam Boqvist are available. Any of them would be good gets in round 2.

https://www.hockey-reference.com/lea...020_debut.html

I'm not sure how defense ratings work as my S-O-M hockey days are 30 years in the past. I'd go with:

1. Cale Makar - I don't care if his defense is subpar, that should be a great offensive card and will likely stay that way.
    2. Igor Shesterkin - that will be a great goaltending card based on last year. Going forward it could have the quality bounce around. I don't think that you need a goalie, but due to scarcity, he's #2.

Next group, some of these guys will likely be more likely to be there in round 2 than others:
    Ilya Samsonov - the next best goalie out there. An upgrade on Reimer/Ullmark for you.
    Adam Fox - one of the 2 next best defenseman out there. Mostly offense, but somewhat phyiscal getting PIM.
    John Marino - I know you didn't list him, but he's solid, and in line for PP time.
    Dominik Kubalik - a bit older, but better than most of this group so far.
    Nikita Gusev - like Kubalik, but even older, but better than most of this group so far.
    Jack Hughes - here because of name value, not what he did.
    Kappo Kakko - did more than Hughes, but more name value & potential at this point.
    Kirby Dach - looks good, and I'd put him in this tier, when he was clearly thought to be at least a tier behind Hughes/Kakko.
    Joel Farabee - I may get reamed for this, but I'd have him in this group, but near the bottom. He had a better year than Hughes.
    Ilya Mikheyev - looked very good with Toronto. Questions about how much of a flash in the pan he was, but I believe. He's roughly Kubalik's age.

Hayton/Vilardi/Brannstrom aren't in that tier for me.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Is this Strat-O-Matic, or something else?

This is something else.

Here's a quick report from hockey-reference that may help you not miss anyone. I specifically want to know if Marino, Suzuki, Mikheyev, or Adam Boqvist are available. Any of them would be good gets in round 2.

https://www.hockey-reference.com/lea...020_debut.html

I'm not sure how defense ratings work as my S-O-M hockey days are 30 years in the past. I'd go with:

1. Cale Makar - I don't care if his defense is subpar, that should be a great offensive card and will likely stay that way.
    2. Igor Shesterkin - that will be a great goaltending card based on last year. Going forward it could have the quality bounce around. I don't think that you need a goalie, but due to scarcity, he's #2.

Next group, some of these guys will likely be more likely to be there in round 2 than others:
    Ilya Samsonov - the next best goalie out there. An upgrade on Reimer/Ullmark for you.
    Adam Fox - one of the 2 next best defenseman out there. Mostly offense, but somewhat phyiscal getting PIM.
    John Marino - I know you didn't list him, but he's solid, and in line for PP time.
    Dominik Kubalik - a bit older, but better than most of this group so far.
    Nikita Gusev - like Kubalik, but even older, but better than most of this group so far.
    Jack Hughes - here because of name value, not what he did.
    Kappo Kakko - did more than Hughes, but more name value & potential at this point.
    Kirby Dach - looks good, and I'd put him in this tier, when he was clearly thought to be at least a tier behind Hughes/Kakko.
    Joel Farabee - I may get reamed for this, but I'd have him in this group, but near the bottom. He had a better year than Hughes.
    Ilya Mikheyev - looked very good with Toronto. Questions about how much of a flash in the pan he was, but I believe. He's roughly Kubalik's age.

Hayton/Vilardi/Brannstrom aren't in that tier for me.
    Certain prospects are not available. Either they didn't play enough games(must be apart of top 24 players in games played minus goalies) this season or they belong to one of 12 teams.
    I represent as Florida, so I recurve all there prospects and get 3 seasons of free protection. The other teams are; Boston, Columbus, Edmonton, Montreal, Tampa, Toronto, Vegas, Winnipeg, Calgary, Vancouver, and NY Islanders

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by TheDard View Post
    This is a board game. The cards we use are generated from the player stats from the previous NHL season. So my league's 2020-21 season we will be using the player stats from the 2019-20 NHL season. We play 22 games. So every team twice.

You have 3 lines. 3 fwds and 2 dmen.
    1 goalie starts. Then on your bench is 3 players and 1 backup goalie.
    At seasons end you can protect upto 28 players. You can protect more players if you win awards or go far into the playoffs.
    There is a salary cap system but it is long to explain.
    So I guess it's like a Sim league then. Harder to guage value for me.

I'd probably draft Shesterkin first only because it's harder to find those excellent young goalies. I do like Makar and Kubalik too.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    So I guess it's like a Sim league then. Harder to guage value for me.

I'd probably draft Shesterkin first only because it's harder to find those excellent young goalies. I do like Makar and Kubalik too.
    Kind of like a sim league.
    Wihtout showing you the game board, cards, and sheets used for PP, SH, faceoffs, penalties and strategies. It is hard to explain.

Thanks for the advice.
    I have contemplated
    Shesterkin. Though giving serious thought too Kaapo Kakko /Kirby Dach, I had the benefit of watching Dach play his junior hockey for the Saskatoon Blades.
    I updated my team in signature. Realized I hadn't added Crosby, Brodin, Hill or Ehlers.
    12 team Card Hockey League. Use stats from last NHL season ex: 2022-23 stats will be used for our 23-24 season cards
    Fwds: MacKinnon, Pastrnak, Rantanen, M Tkachuk Scheifele, Marchand, B Nelson, Stephenson, J Toews, R Thomas, Lundell, E Rodrigues, Sissons, Lowry, M Foligno, D Guenther, Mangiapane, Pacioretty, Huberdeau, Wheeler
    Dmen: Makar, D Toews, Dobson, Sergachev, S Jones, Graves, Carlo, Gudas, Byram, Girard, Thrun
    Goalies: Vanecek, Francouz, Samsonov

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Is it a branded game, or something custom to your league?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Is it a branded game, or something custom to your league?
    It is custom.
    Long time ago it tried to be branded and made for market, but not the case anymore.