Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fox/DeAngelo

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Fox/DeAngelo

Recently on Dobber hockey there was an article (I forget who the writer was) saying that Fox will take over the top PP duties. He was even putting money on it. Will this be due to Fox exploding or Tony regressing? Both? Neither? I’ve just had interest in both guys and I’d like to know which guy is the better guy to target.
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Fox/DeAngelo

I don't recall the article but it may be that DeAngelo is an RFA this year and Fox has two more seasons on his entry-level contract after this one. With reasonably similar offensive skills, it may make sense for the Rangers to go with Fox as DeAngelo might be playing elsewhere this autumn.

Dobber Sports Deity

Too much unknown at this point to be making that prediction IMO. If DeAngelo re-sings in New York, there will be an interesting competition there. Who knows what will happen. Just because someone says they would put money on it doesn't make it so. LOL! If he leaves, I can see him being used on the top PP where ever he goes simply because he's shown he can play that role. Fox could easily slide into DeAngelo's role in NY if he does leave.

As I say, way too early to know.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

don't bother trying to predict because it's only about to get that much murkier on 33rd and 8th once Lundkvist arrives with his howitzer slap shot.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I would bet on Fox here as well. With the production he had this year as a rookie, he is only going to get better, and continue to take on more ice time.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by sweetcelly View Post
    I would bet on Fox here as well. With the production he had this year as a rookie, he is only going to get better, and continue to take on more ice time.
    this is not guaranteed for most of you may not be aware of prospect Nils Lundkvist, who based on SHL production last season, will be a factor soon. This blue line is about to be super murky when he arrives and as far as fantasy, it will carry that frustration you get with owning Lightning players not named Stamkos, Kucherov, and Point. The deployment can be thrown in the mixer at any point in time game to game.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Svech,Thoma s,ChandlerS.,Jenner,Couts,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Gudas,Harley
    G:Jarry,Ingram,Kotchetkov
    IR:Murphy,Rust,Guentzel

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Schmaltz
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Lehkonen
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov
    IR: Zegras,Norris,Vilardi,Kempe

Dobber Sports Legend

I love Adam Fox--have for years. But, to his credit, DeAngelo has put it all together and has been an offensive force for the Rags. Let's see what happens with DeAngelo as a free agent--he's become quite the fan-favorite at the Garden. Fox definitely has the chops to run PP1 and munch sick minutes--and like Luigi said--Lundkvist is on deck. After re-signing Kreider, do the Rags limit their offer for Tony? Does he accept or balk? We need to see how his situation plays out before we accurately gauge Fox's offensive production. But I'll toss this out there:

Adam Fox (w/DeAngelo): 45-50 points
    Adam Fox (w/o DeAngelo): 54-59 points

... so we're likely looking at an 8-14+ point swing if DeAngelo leaves and Fox gets handed the keys.
    Fox has 60-point prime potential and 65 point ceiling (think good Gostisbehere).
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Superstar

Lundkvist has decided to stay another year in Sweden.

Dobber Sports Ace

Would now be the time to consider dealing DeAngelo?

Dobber Sports Ace

The implication in many of these posts is that Trouba is now an afterthought. How does he fit in to all this, thoughts?

Dobber Sports Ace

I know this is a bit off topic. But I recently acquired Fox and now have both DeAngelo and Fox.

What do y’all believe, I can expect from these two next season. In terms of points.
    6 Team no limit Keeper. Cap league $100m
    Points only G/A=1, Hattrick = +3, Wins = 2, SO = +3, OTL/SOL = +1
    12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies, 6 Reserve (any position)

Forwards
    Crosby $8.7
    Stone $9.5
    Svechnikov $7.7
    Debrincat $6.4
    Hall $6
    Meier $6
    Guentzel $6
    Ehlers $6
    Hertl $5.6
    Konecny $5.5
    Palat $5.3
    JT Miller $5.2
    Garland $4.9
    Kakko $.9
    Laff $.9

Defense
    Josi $9
    Burns $8
    Letang $7.2
    Nurse $5.6
    Werenski $5
    Sergachev $4.8
    Fox $.9

Goalies
    Shesterkin $5.6
    Ullmark $5
    Hart $3.9
    Blackwood $2.8

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by GretzkysMullet View Post
    The implication in many of these posts is that Trouba is now an afterthought. How does he fit in to all this, thoughts?
    Trouba isn't an afterthought in their defense pairings, but he's likely a PP2 guy at best with these other options they seem to prefer.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by GretzkysMullet View Post
    he's the defensive guy, much like before Buff injury that led to his 50 point season. They are one of the worst in the league at shots conceded.

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    he's the defensive guy, much like before Buff injury that led to his 50 point season. They are one of the worst in the league at shots conceded.
    Exactly. I traded for Trouba last preseason--when he was running PP1--then he became irrelevant as DeAngelo exploded and Fox emerged.
    Barring injury, it looks like Trouba is PP2 material--nothing more.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Exactly. I traded for Trouba last preseason--when he was running PP1--then he became irrelevant as DeAngelo exploded and Fox emerged.
    Barring injury, it looks like Trouba is PP2 material--nothing more.
    Realize I'm derailing a little here, but what do you guys expect from him in that role? Can he be counted on for 40 pts + strong peripherals?