Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lafreniere for Byfield, Marchenko, and a pick?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Trading back from 1st overall to 2nd

I currently have the top pick in my upcoming draft and the guy who has the 2nd pick wants to trade up to get Lafreniere. I'm pretty high on byfield and so dont really mind dropping back if its worthwhile. He has offered Marchenko and the 16th overall pick (in a 16 team league). Any thoughts?

Default Lafreniere for Byfield, Marchenko, and a pick?

I have top pick right now in the prospect draft and have been offered the 2nd overall, Marchenko and the 16th overall (16 team league). I honestly like byfield about the same as lafreniere long term, plus byfield would hit more categories for me bc faceoff wins are counted. This is a pretty deep draft and I feel I could get a decent guy at 16 also. Marchenko is a bit of a gamble but could pay off huge. Any thoughts?

I...am your father.

Default Re: Lafreniere for Byfield, Marchenko, and a pick?

I'm tempted. I love Alexis though so I'd probably say no. Very tempting, I know Cam loves Byfield more
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Padawan

Don’t hate the offer, but I’d try to see if you can get more.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

In the least 3 drafts who has gone from 14-18 in your league? See if there's something you can tease out of that info. Is there a type of guy that falls, or a position that has a run early causing something else to drop?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Trading back from 1st overall to 2nd

That is interesting. I can see similar points upside for both but Lafreniere is ready to jump right in and produce 60+ points whereas Byfield is likely spending another year in junior and then might have a slower start to his NHL career. So with that move, you would push back the timeline and take some risk. But Marchenko is a really good prospect, and you'll get a really good prospect with the 16th overall pick.

I would probably still go with the safe choice in Lafreniere but that's a reasonable trade to consider if you like Byfield.

Dobber Sports Deity

Just to be clear, the offer is:

You trade the 1st overall.

You receive the 2nd overall, 16th overall and Marchenko

Is that correct?

Out of curiosity, what other quality prospects does he own, or even excellent young kids already in the NHL as possible other options for a counter offer.

Welcome to the forums.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I wouldn't.

McDavid/Necas/ Kucherov/Bjorkstrand/Rust/Nugent Hopkins/Cirelli/Zegras/- Letang/Morrissey/Dahlin - Swayman/Saros/Skinner

Prospects include:
    McTavish/Clarke/Bordeleau
    Dumais/Korchinski/Hutson

Don't worry I'm not going to say anything more than I have to. If that.

That's an easy no for me. I would gladly trade that for Lafereniere.

Dobber Sports Titan

Is the 16th pick just for the 2020 draft prospects? If not, who else might be available?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    That is interesting. I can see similar points upside for both but Lafreniere is ready to jump right in and produce 60+ points whereas Byfield is likely spending another year in junior and then might have a slower start to his NHL career. So with that move, you would push back the timeline and take some risk. But Marchenko is a really good prospect, and you'll get a really good prospect with the 16th overall pick.

I would probably still go with the safe choice in Lafreniere but that's a reasonable trade to consider if you like Byfield.
    Yah this is my thought process as well. I have just taken over this team and it is bottom of the barrel full rebuild needed so lafreniere being ready before byfield isnt a big worry for me. Plus I have a few pretty good LW prospects and am lacking at Center and RW.

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon23 View Post
    Yah this is my thought process as well. I have just taken over this team and it is bottom of the barrel full rebuild needed so lafreniere being ready before byfield isnt a big worry for me. Plus I have a few pretty good LW prospects and am lacking at Center and RW.
    It's your decision and I'm no fortuneteller but I think even if you want to trade Lafreniere to accelerate your rebuild, you can get way more then this if you wait at the draft or even later when Lafreniere starts to play in the NHL. The hype will give you more then what you actually have in my opinion. Otherwise you can also start to look around to feel what you could have for Byfield if you get him. It might give you an idea of his value. If you can get that package and trade Byfield for a premium, then maybe it's worth it and upgrade your team fast with Marchenko, the high pick and a premium return for Byfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Just to be clear, the offer is:

You trade the 1st overall.

You receive the 2nd overall, 16th overall and Marchenko

Is that correct?

Out of curiosity, what other quality prospects does he own, or even excellent young kids already in the NHL as possible other options for a counter offer.

Welcome to the forums.
    Correct. This was kind of the culmination of some back and forth. Its 2020 prospects for pick 16 for sure. And Marchenko is the best option we could agree upon for the player. I dont have any need to compete next year so more chances to hit on players the better is my reasoning. Especially considering byfield and lafreniere could be very even long term.

This is tough, lol. I may wait to see which team wins the lottery. I need some Cam opinion in here to sway me into acceptance, haha. A fellow byfield backer

Dobber Sports Superstar

I say yes, Byfield screams Malkin to me.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Svech,Thoma s,ChandlerS.,Jenner,Couts,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Gudas,Harley
    G:Jarry,Ingram,Kotchetkov
    IR:Murphy,Rust,Guentzel

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Schmaltz
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Lehkonen
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov
    IR: Zegras,Norris,Vilardi,Kempe