Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lafreniere for Byfield, Marchenko, and a pick?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Lafreniere for Byfield, Marchenko, and a pick?

i would do it as well.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Padawan

I don't hate it. Even if Byfield takes some time to develop, he's still considered as a future elite C. Obviously Laf is an elite talent himself, but how big is the gap really going to be between the two? I think 3 things work in your favor if you take the deal. 1: You still get an elite prospect in Byfield. 2: you add another 1st rounder in a very deep draft and 3: you add a very good prospect. Maybe see what else they'd offer but this doesn't look like one you should dismiss all together.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

The Great One

Hard to say without knowing how many prospects you are allowed to keep. The deeper the farm team you have, the more appealing this is (and vice-versa). If your farm is shallow, then trading first overall seems counterproductive and pointless

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Hard to say without knowing how many prospects you are allowed to keep. The deeper the farm team you have, the more appealing this is (and vice-versa). If your farm is shallow, then trading first overall seems counterproductive and pointless
    Full dynasty with 20 minors. So quite deep. I'm probably going to take this deal. Thanks for all the input everyone!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Id stay with Lafreniere also...
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Wizard

I think you will be very frustrated with taking this deal for next 2-3 years...after that it may not look so bad
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Stud

I'd make the trade as I am a big Byfield guy but you have to get more. I think you wait to see what team Laf goes to, then his value will go up even more. Byfield can actually be good for your rebuild as his ELC contract will last longer than Laf (as the thinking is Byfield will go back to Sudbury for a year) if that's a big thing in your league, like it is in mine.

Laf will end up on a pretty decent team and his value will go up.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Without knowing with Lafreniere will end up this is an absolute no for me. If he ends up on the worst team possible, this deal is fine but still not great, if he ends up on the wing of McDavid or Matthews or Mackinnon etc etc etc then you've just lost big time.
    Team One (Mercenaries Of Mandalore) 24T Dynasty, 4LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 4B - G, A1, A2, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, HIT, BLK, FT, ||| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Team Two (Hamilton Tigers) 16T Dynasty - 3LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 6B - G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HIT, FOW| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Click here for my teams (not up to date)

Links are too a google document.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'm generally fine with the type of the deal, but think I'd want more back.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Icon

The value discrepancy between Lafreniere and Byfield is going to keep getting bigger until October of 2022 when Byfield makes an NHL team. The smart move would be to draft Lafreniere and then trade him in January for Byfield plus more than Marchenko and whoever goes 16th overall in the draft. There is no point in making this deal now so I would hold off.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    The value discrepancy between Lafreniere and Byfield is going to keep getting bigger until October of 2022 when Byfield makes an NHL team. The smart move would be to draft Lafreniere and then trade him in January for Byfield plus more than Marchenko and whoever goes 16th overall in the draft. There is no point in making this deal now so I would hold off.
    This is a very good point. Sorry, can't rep you.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Stud

To make this deal now, before you even know where Laf is going to get drafted, screams poor asset management to me. If Laf goes to the worst case scenario team this deal is likely still on the table however if he goes to a team with an elite C, you're likely to be able to extract way more. In a league that distinguishes between wingers and Cs, Laf also holds much more value. Rebuild or not, this is a bad deal right now.
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik