Thread: Lafreniere Multicat / Physicality

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Lafreniere Multicat / Physicality

Hey guys,

For those who have watched Lafreniere play. Ive read quotes about him liking to be physical and throw some hits and that he has racked up decent PIMs in his junior career. Im keen to get an idea of how people project him in terms of his physicality in the NHL, particularly with regards to hits, blocks and PIMs and even takeaways.

I will have pick 2 in a redraft. I doubt he will go pick 1. I will be selecting him against players including Matthews, Aho, Marner and Marchand.

He can be kept for free until his 200th game, so there is some big benefit to taking a rookie in the redraft. (As an example the guy with Brady Tkachuk can keep him for free next year even though he is elite in multicat).

Thanks for your help guys, I just dont get a chance to watch him enough where I live.

Our cats - G A PPP Shots PIMs Hits Blocks Takeaways

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Lafreniere Multicat / Physicality

My understanding is that Lafreniere isn't afraid to use physicality, but he doesn't go out of his way to be physical. So I'm guessing that he's not going to be a hits difference maker like Tkachuk or Ovechkin, but maybe more of an above-average hit accumulator like a Wheeler or Anders Lee.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    My understanding is that Lafreniere isn't afraid to use physicality, but he doesn't go out of his way to be physical. So I'm guessing that he's not going to be a hits difference maker like Tkachuk or Ovechkin, but maybe more of an above-average hit accumulator like a Wheeler or Anders Lee.
    Thanks so much, just the type of info I need. If he projects as a PPG player and a hit per game player I'm salivating.

Dobber Sports Star

I think that his highest hit totals are going to be in his first two years, where he'll try to establish himself, and show that he shouldn't be messed with. After he becomes more of an established star, he won't want to expend energy on hitting. Again, just a guess, but I think that's the path.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I don't think he will throw lots of hits, but won't be shy to use the body. Though I think he will excel at takeaways and blocked shots.
    In 173 games in the Q he had 176 PIMS.
    12 team Card Hockey League. Use stats from last NHL season ex: 2022-23 stats will be used for our 23-24 season cards
    Fwds: MacKinnon, Pastrnak, Rantanen, M Tkachuk Scheifele, Marchand, B Nelson, Stephenson, J Toews, R Thomas, Lundell, E Rodrigues, Sissons, Lowry, M Foligno, D Guenther, Mangiapane, Pacioretty, Huberdeau, Wheeler
    Dmen: Makar, D Toews, Dobson, Sergachev, S Jones, Graves, Carlo, Gudas, Byram, Girard, Thrun
    Goalies: Vanecek, Francouz, Samsonov