Thread: Overloaded on D. Need help to trim a roster

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Overloaded on D. Need help to trim a roster

12 teams H2H weekly matchups. G, A, PPP, SOG, FW, HITS, BLKS, PIMS, no salaries

Whether by design or an accident, my team somehow ended up with seven D-men when a 1st round of playoffs went on pause due to COVID where I was a 3d seed.

Provorov, Dumba
    Risto, Giordano
    Krug, Borowiecki
    Savard

Plus I have Bouchard and Hague in minors. Savard was picked on a last day when another manager dropped him. I added him just because,...he's quite valuable given the league's cats.

Going into next season I'd like to cut one of them preferably via trade for a forward. If however I don't find a trade partner, who's a natural drop? Gio or Savard? How much more Gio got left in him? How far Hague and Bouchard are fantasy-wise?. Who least likely I want to trade? Provorov? Will Dumba re-bounce? Who can give me the best trade value other than Provorov? One manager offered Panarin for Risto plus Benn...which I think he's dreaming. Would Bertuzzi paired with Risto be a good trade for me instead of Benn? Lots of questions but thankfully lots of time, haha

All help is welcome!

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Overloaded on D. Need help to trim a roster

i think you keep Provorov, Dumba, Riston Giordano and Krug....choose your poison between the other 2..i know Borowiecki can hit and fight but in 12 team league im sure there is plenty of guys that can do similar damage in those cats.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Stud

Wow. I would jump at getting Panarin for Benn (over the hill) and Risto (you WANT to unload someone, remember?). Panarin can’t be created out of less, I promise you. Do the trade instantly!
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd most prefer to deal Giordano of your defenders, but that may be hard.

I love Benn's production in your league, especially with no cap, but I think I'd take that deal. I am someone who traded for Benn at the beginning of this past season in a cap league, and he's been well worth it - the other guy I got in the deal I thought would give me a solid year or two, but he had to go, as Duncan Keith fell too hard & too fast.

If you have to drop someone, it's Borowiecki. He's very hard to predict in a weekly start league as he's injury prone. In a daily start, he's much better. And this scoring pace is his ceiling, and it's really more like the ceiling of a league where you sim it 10,000 times or something. He has scored over 1/3 of the points in his NHL career this year.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

I would counter with Bertuzzi with Risto for Panarin and see if he bites. If he balks, I'd probably do the Benn trade over simply dropping someone outright for nothing. Might as well get SOME benefit to your roster somewhere and Panarin would definitely fit that bill.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."