Thread: Team Audit - Dynasty Edition

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Team Audit - Dynasty Edition

For the team in my signature, where can I improve most this offseason?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Team Audit - Dynasty Edition

You need high end forwards.

I'd look at trading Allen with a skater for any improvement I could get - this is pretty much his peak quality season, and if the volume returns the quality will fade. Doubt he can help you much with that, but he's a just a guy, and is having his best year.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I agree wholeheartedly with this ^. It is a 20 team league so Allen should have some value more than most leagues. I would gamble on Hronek taking a step next year so I’d consider moving Werenski. I’d also look at making your flex two forwards as that should increase your totals more than a dman.

Dobber Sports Ace

Thank you for the feedback!

Dobber Sports Deity

I dont dislike your team but I dont like the fact that your backup option to Hart is Jake Allen. Dont get me wrong, I think Allen has had an excellent bounce-back season this year but he's still the 2nd option in STL so you can only really rely on one start per week most weeks. If Hart gets hurt, you could be in trouble in the goalie cats.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I dont dislike your team but I dont like the fact that your backup option to Hart is Jake Allen. Dont get me wrong, I think Allen has had an excellent bounce-back season this year but he's still the 2nd option in STL so you can only really rely on one start per week most weeks. If Hart gets hurt, you could be in trouble in the goalie cats.
    Thank you Axeman. Really appreciate the insight!

Dobber Sports Icon

I would be looking to move one of your dmen for a forward. You probably only need 3 dmen and you have 4 very good ones. See what you could get for any of your 4 (not including Hronek) and move the one that nets you the best forward.

Contrary to others, I don't think Allen is outside of the top 40 goalies in this type of league. The difference between him and what you would need to add to get an improvement is probably not worth it. There are probably solid options available on the waiver wire if you had to deal with an injury to Hart. It's not often a good idea to waste assets to improve a bench position.