Thread: Super Mega Baseball 3 - Releases on May 13th

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Super Mega Baseball 3 - Releases on May 13th

Has anyone else ever played this baseball game series? I have not played it since the first one but I am quite excited for the newest version to come out next week. They have added a franchise mode where players physically age (they can get fatter and greyer!) and their attributes change over time as well. New players are constantly being added to the free agent pool. There is no draft or trade functions but free agents can be signed at any point and players can be released if you want to replace the player with a free agent. 2-5 players per team will ask for new contracts every off-season to increase the turn over between seasons. This reminds me a lot of how Baseball Stars on the Nintendo used to work. That was the greatest baseball game of all time.

They are also going to be releasing custom "seasons" where you and a group of up to 32 friends can set up a single season with stat tracking and this will be cross-platform. This sounds like a great function.

I will be buying this game on release day.

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Super Mega Baseball 3 - Releases on May 13th

It's almost a year later and this game still rocks. Their latest update which should come out any any day now will be adding historical stat tracking which is going to be awesome for single player franchises. I also love their customization. I have been having lots of fun designing logos/uniforms. Here are 3 of my favorites. PXL_20210323_215321243.jpgPXL_20210323_162416390.jpgPXL_20210323_162326624.jpg

Dobber Sports Immortal

I'm confused as to what this is.....but I'm not sure anything can beat The Show.

Dobber Sports Icon

It's the 3rd version of Super Mega Baseball. It's a cartoonish baseball game that was made by a company out of Victoria, BC. It's probably the best baseball game on the market as long as you don't need MLB affiliations. The gameplay is realistic even though the characters are not. It has a simplified franchise mode where players improve or worsen somewhat randomly but you can also use in game currency to buy development for your players. You can also replace players on your team with free agents in a Dutch Auction (their salary ask goes down each week they are not signed).

If you have not played this game and you like baseball, you can play the demo for free and it is worth it. The game won the best franchise mode of 2020 on Operation Sports.

Banned

Not familiar with the game, I better check the play demo if it's good.

Dobber Sports Icon

The full version of the game is free to play on Steam until April 2nd. It's also 40% off at the same time.