Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: NHL League Awards Draft - Discussion

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: NHL League Awards Draft - Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post
    ....and yet I’m stunned that Kris Draper lasted this long, arguably being the last Selke winner who was truly chosen for his defensive play.

sure, others have had 2-way skills, but the award as originally defined is no longer. Someone with under 50 (60? 65?) points offensively will never again have even a nomination.
    I would have grabbed Kris Draper with my 23rd round pick, but I saw that you and Peng had maxed out on Selke winners.. So I filled my last Conn Smythe winner instead and planned on grabbing Draper in the 24th, after you two picked!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

4-5 more picks guys, lets get this done today!! Please!! HaHaHa

Dobber Sports Stud

I’m basically done already. The 2 categories I have left each have had 19/20 players selected.

Happy to get the draft through last rounds, but happier (!) if the NHL could announce.... largely any decision at this point. June/July/August with no hockey but camps in September?? Almost preferable to the various playoff scenarios.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

What is our next draft??

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    What is our next draft??
    any suggestions? I am good with whatever!!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post
    I’m basically done already. The 2 categories I have left each have had 19/20 players selected.

Happy to get the draft through last rounds, but happier (!) if the NHL could announce.... largely any decision at this point. June/July/August with no hockey but camps in September?? Almost preferable to the various playoff scenarios.
    If you can confirm that you are the last one to pick for a couple awards feel free to PM me your picks and I can double check... and fill them in from the bottom up. And keep the process going!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Stud

If I have another O.R., I’ll do that PM to you.

Next draft idea: First 80 players for entry draft - assigned by draft #, since we don’t know the team order yet. “Winner” is who’s closest for our first four draft rounds, and last two draft rounds. Other “picks” count only for prestige and obviously to take players away from the other guys... (if 5 players, 80 works - - if 6 or 7 are in, then 84 picks total.).

I'm betting Someone has idea better than this, LOL

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Monster

I was also thinking about entry draft games but I think maybe they won't be doing it this summer after all. Draft may not be until the fall. We could still do it, but may not be as good as doing it closer to the draft date I think.

Sounds like the nhl is going to make some kind of announcement this Tuesday so we may be able to come up with a playoff draft or game of some sort!

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

I think it would be fun to draft 1 player from all 31 teams, past and present.. At the end it would be interesting to see guys lineups.. 3 goalies, 10 D, 18 forwards.. Basically, you can only draft 1 players from each team.. If you grab Gretzky,you are done drafting from the Oilers!!

Dobber Sports Guru

I think it would be fun to draft 1 player from all 31 teams, past and present.. At the end it would be interesting to see guys lineups.. 3 goalies, 10 D, 18 forwards.. Basically, you can only draft 1 players from each team.. If you grab Gretzky,you are done drafting from the Oilers!!
    How would you decide what team though? Could I take Gretzky from the Oilers and from the Kings, for example? Or use Gretzky as my Kings pick and McDavid as my Oilers pick?

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Stud

I like the idea - just fun to have any hockey activity beyond watching games from the 90’s....

I’d think Simple rules, like a player can only be chosen once, would fix the above concern. Panarin: never going to make it as NYR best player, but CBJ? probably. Either way, if someone had chosen him as their Blackhawk, then he’s no longer eligible. Figuring we get no more than 8 interested, there are some obvious “best players” from multiple teams, but not overly restrictive.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Gustavsson

Once a player is chosen, for any team, then he is now ineligible to be picked again!!

Dobber Sports Monster

Once a player is chosen, for any team, then he is now ineligible to be picked again!!
    Okay now I think I get it....31 round draft (I am not sure about including Vegas but thats just me since they would screw with everyones strategy), you can only pick one player from each NHL franchise (out of the franchises that still exist, player can be from any time)...that could be interesting strategy wise! We would need to clarify a few things: are the Jets both Jets franchises? Are the Nordiques eligible for the Avs? Whalers for the Hurricanes? Are we picking based on their career reputation or their numbers with that team (ie is Gretzky Blues worth picking or not)? What about WHA #s out of the teams that turned into NHL teams? Etc etc. Fun idea though, I'd be down.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Stud

The number of elite players who don’t stay with one franchise makes this more strategy after even the first 3-4 rounds

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Gustavsson

My apologies everyone... I had a busy end of the week last week with a PST audit.

But I have everything updated now!

​​