Thread: Defector: The Alex Mogilny Story

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Defector: The Alex Mogilny Story

Interesting story on the Alex Mogilny defection. For many of you, this may not seem like a big deal, but at the time, it was massive news.

I feel like this is part of the reason Mogilny should be in the HHOF. Imagine leaving all that you know, including your family and friends as a 20 year old, defecting and facing a charge of desertion. This was a big deal and took a lot of guts to go through with.

"For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Defector: The Alex Mogilny Story

I agree, that Mogilny should be in the HHOF! He was a great player and took a huge risk by defecting.
    12 team deep keeper league, 17 main roster players, 5 prospect players, max 2 goalie keepers for the main roster. point breakdown goes as follows:
    Skaters:
    G is 4 points, 5.2 points for D goals. A is 2.5 points, 3.25 points for defense. 0.07 per FOW, 0.2 points for blocks, hits, and SOG 0.5 points for PIMS and +/-, 3 for SHG, 1.5 for SHA.
    Goalies:
    GS is 1.5 points, -1 for GA, 0.2 for SV, 4 for SHO, and 3 for W.
    Team:
    https://www.fantrax.com/fantasy/leag...gi/team/roster