Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shesterkin,Sorokin,Hart,Samsonov!

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Shesterkin,Sorokin,Hart,Samsonov!

If you have goalies like Shesterkin, Hart, Sorokin and Samsonov in your hands. Which would you exchange for another position? Or in what order would you place them?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Shesterkin,Sorokin,Hart,Samsonov!

My order: Shesterkin, Samsonov, Hart, Sorokin

But goalies are so dependant on the team and we don't know how the situation of their team will be in 2-3 years (how prospect will pan out, free agents, injuries). So I would trade whoever gives you the highest return and would be comfortable to keep another. They are all good and with similar upside. Sorokin is not proven in the NHL and therefore would be more expandable for me, but you'll get the lower return for the same reason.

Dobber Sports Deity

I'd rank them

Shesterkin
    Hart
    Samsonov
    Sorokin

I would shop Sorokin to see what you can get for him. Theres lots of excitement around him now that hes headed to the NHL.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Stencil View Post

But goalies are so dependant on the team and we don't know how the situation of their team will be in 2-3 years (how prospect will pan out, free agents, injuries). So I would trade whichever gives you the highest return and would be comfortable to keep another. They are all good and with similar upside. Sorokin is not proven in the NHL and therefore would be more expandable for me, but you'll get the lower return for the same reason.
    I like the same order. And also that Sorokin is last only because we've not seen him perform in the NHL yet. In 3 years, these could be in any other permutation and it wouldn't be surprising. And unless you get a crazy offer, I wouldn't trade them away. When a highly-touted goalie makes it to the league and performs decent-to-great, then you'd have to blow me away in order to get one.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

It highly depends on what kind of league and scoring. How many do you start, is there a cap or roster maximums, keeper time restriction, etc.

I'd tier them as:
    Shesterkin/Hart
    Samsonov
    Sorokin

My tie on the top is a bit controversial, but the Rangers have 2 good young goalies, and a franchise icon, and that needs to get fixed before I like his workload enough for him to be solely up top. Hart has shown that he's the now and the future in Philly. Note that this could change really quickly, and I wouldn't be surprised at all for one to be alone at the top middle of next year.

Samsonov has looked good, but not quite so good as Shesterkin, and has a long time franchise goalie possible moving out of his way - or not.

Shesterkin is unproven over here, and is therefore last.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Stencil View Post

But goalies are so dependant on the team and we don't know how the situation of their team will be in 2-3 years (how prospect will pan out, free agents, injuries). So I would trade whichever gives you the highest return and would be comfortable to keep another. They are all good and with similar upside. Sorokin is not proven in the NHL and therefore would be more expandable for me, but you'll get the lower return for the same reason.
    Trade whoever gets you the best return, if you don't get a solid offer, then just keep them all if you can as they will be more valuable the next year, especially when they all arrive in NHL.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Sage

As a Shesterkin owner, I wouldn't trade any of those others for him straight up. Maybe Hart, Farabee, and another quality piece or Samsonov and Wilson- in other words it would take a massive overpay. Shesterkin has looked like a superstar goalie for the past 2-3 years. He could be the best goalie in the league for the next half dozen years.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Icon

Hart

Samsonov
    Shesterkin

Sorokin

I don't think Shesterkin was as good as people are saying he was in his few NHL games. He played against a lot of terrible offensive clubs (there's a post somewhere on the forum that went over all of his games and the opponent). He is also on the same team as a Hall of Famer and another young goalie who's been pretty impressive in the NHL.

Hart is the unquestioned #1 on a pretty good team. Samsonov is likely the same assuming Holtby leaves as a free agent. Sorokin does not even have an NHL contract yet.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Samsanov was blessed with having a team like Washington in front of him. He is still a great goalie though. Compared to someone who was one of the biggest reasons as to why the Rangers were closing in on a playoff spot. He was also named the number 1 not too long into his season. Beating out both the legend and the other young guy. Weaker offense in the NHL could still be better than most offense in the K. Still not gimmie wins for any rookie goalie. Hart is great but let's be honest, who's really challenging him? Sorokin would be last to me simply because we have yet to see him play. Long term, I'd have Shesterkin, Hart then Samsanov. Sorkin being my dark horse. If Sorokin exceeds expectations, I'd swap him with Hart. This really seems like it all comes down to personal preference.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Wizard

They all good goalies and pretty even to me. Nobody really knows who will be better and when and my guess is they will take turns at being better then others. So instead of ranking them ill voice my main concern for each of them in no particular order.

Hart - goalies in philly are cursed!..he is good but he also had few games where the curse show its ugly head...

Shesterkin - huge hype, for most part goalies never live up to the hype. He will be good....but the way some look at him is that he will have GAA around 2.0 ...that will not happen. I think he will be top 10 goalie very soon but very top? we need to wait and see..

Samsonov - Personally i love his journey and he looked very solid watching most of his games, however im not sold Holtby is gone and if he is not then Samsonv will have trouble getting enough starts to be elite.

Sorokin - KHL is not NHL...lets wait and see, not everybody adjust same way.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post

I don't think Shesterkin was as good as people are saying he was in his few NHL games. He played against a lot of terrible offensive clubs (there's a post somewhere on the forum that went over all of his games and the opponent). He is also on the same team as a Hall of Famer and another young goalie who's been pretty impressive in the NHL.
    My enthusiasm for Shesterkin stems from having owned him the last 4 years and monitoring his career along the way. He has excelled at every level. Go look at his Elite Prospects. His stat line is ridiculous. All the questions along the way he has answered. Skeptics said he was propped up by his elite KHL team but he always outplayed the veterans, including Koskinen, even though he often wasn't given the soft matchups. Then people said it wouldn't transfer to North America and he comes to the AHL and puts up a .930 and 1.90 in 25 games. Then he puts up a .932% and 2.52 in 12 games with the Rangers.

I understand goalies are highly volatile but they are also the most important position in fantasy hockey. The exuberance in my original post might have been caused by the couple drinks I had last night but I definitely am very high on Shesterkin. He has been excellent every step along the way. I will be surprised if he isn't a top 10 goalie and would bet he's top 5 in a short amount of time.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Mitch Korn and Barry Trotz have made magic with goalies in the past years.

Average goalies had impressive numbers under them, if Sorokin adapt well to the NHL he could easily be one of the best

Dobber Sports Apprentice

If you can wait until you see where Lundqvist/Georgiev goes, or where Holtby goes, then obviously your return will be much higher for Shesterskin/Samsonov..

if you can't wait until those things are set, i would rank them this way:

Hart (just because he is #1 uncontested G in his team)
    Shesterskin/Samsonov (if Holtby moves in off-season, then i put Samsonov on #1, if Georgiev/Lundqvist move off-season, then i put Shesterskin #1)
    Sorokin
    Keep 6 - 14 team H2H Yahoo - Categories: G A P +/- PIM PPP SOG FW HIT BLK / GS W GAA SV% SHO
    C: T.Thompson, Aho
    LW: B.Tkachuk, M. Tkachuk
    RW:
    D: Dahlin, Fox, Mcavoy
    G:

Dobber Sports Ace

Goalies can be such voodoo in fantasy hockey, that you often have to consider the team in front of them more than anything else.

Washington, Rangers, Philly, Isles would be my ranking going into next season.

I fully expect Holtby to be gone, which cements Samsonov at the top of the list for me.

I do not expect both Georgiev and Lundqvist to be gone, so that bumps Shesterkin below Hart.

Next season, give me Samsonov, Hart, Shesterkin, then Sorokin.

Long term, who knows. I haven't been wowed by Hart, so I'll put him at the bottom. I could be wrong, but wasn't Sorokin usually given a greater role on recent national teams than Shesterkin? I still think that the Rangers are much better than the Islanders long term, and that the Capitals will need to retool before long.

Long term, Shesterkin/Samsonov, Sorokin, Hart.

Dobber Sports Novice

Thanks guys for all of these answers, always interesting to know other people's opinions.