Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Survivor stuff (spoilers)

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Re: Survivor stuff (spoilers)

Yeah, I really have no idea what some of these people are doing. Michelle, Nick, etc. should have been focused on Tony and Sarah.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Ninja

How did they not target Tony at all? The only person I am worried about now is if Natalie comes back from the Edge. She has all these relationships with people from there and Tony has not even met half of them before. Edge of Extinction is such a horrible change to the game. REALLY hope people will still vote for Tony after how he has completely dominated the game but you never know. Human emotions are a funny thing.

Dobber Sports Deity

Nick is such an idiot to vote off Jeremy. He literally sealed his fate (and quite possibly Michelle's at the same time) by thinking he had some sort of cover from the others. Dumbass.

I have had a major detest for Ben since this show started this season. Early on, all he could do was run around and yap to everyone and play both sides. I really hope he doesn't win. Im still rooting for Michelle or Denise at this point but we'll see who comes back from EoE. Some of them are returning with immunity idols and could really make things interesting on that first tribal council after they return to the game.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Michelle is being setup as the person to win against at the end. She is trying but she has been on the outside on so many votes and has no clue what is going on. Tony wins over Michelle and whoevever comes back from the Edge. Probably Natalie based on last episodes super pro Natalie edit.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

With this being Survivor 40 and with so many huge personalities back in action, there is no way a floater such as Michelle wins this season!! I predict Tony wins but could definitely see Sarah or whoever wins their way back from the edge take the $2mill!! Tony in that spy shack is priceless, I bust out laughing seeing him running around and being so sneaky!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Guru

MAJOR SPOILER FOR ANYONE WHO HAVEN'T SEEN LAST NIGHT'S EPISODE YET:

Man, I was so frustrated watching that episode. Even though I liked everyone in the final six, there was just no strategy from anyone other than Tony and Sarah.

Natalie lost the $2 million when she and Michelle decided to vote for Denise instead of Sarah when the votes were tied and force a fire-making challenge. That was an awful move. If Sarah wins, nothing changes in terms of gameplan. But if Denise wins, you break up the Tony and Sarah alliance, and you can sell Denise on the fact that she was obviously on the bottom of the alliance and she should switch.

It made no sense to me that at the end, Natalie was talking about how she wanted Tony out and she wanted to split up the alliance, but did nothing about it until the final four.

Natalie should have been smarter. She came back into the final six with a hidden immunity idol and the knowledge that everyone considers Tony to be the biggest threat, and then voted Ben at the next two tribal councils.

I also feel like Denise had pretty much given up, and was just waiting to be voted out of the game. And then Ben actually goes and gives up.

Argh, so frustrating to watch.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    MAJOR SPOILER FOR ANYONE WHO HAVEN'T SEEN LAST NIGHT'S EPISODE YET:

Natalie lost the $2 million when she and Michelle decided to vote for Denise instead of Sarah when the votes were tied and force a fire-making challenge. That was an awful move. If Sarah wins, nothing changes in terms of gameplan. But if Denise wins, you break up the Tony and Sarah alliance, and you can sell Denise on the fact that she was obviously on the bottom of the alliance and she should switch.
    Agreed. I'd love to hear the thinking on this, as the show had no footage explaining why Natalie and Michelle would vote Denise instead of Sarah in that situation. The other thing is that with everyone knowing that Tony and Sarah comprise or are the foundation of an alliance, how come no one came after Sarah. She had one vote cast against her in the last 13 councils. At a minimum, even if Tony had immunity on a given week, you have to take out his partner. But I don't think Sarah was ever discussed.

Dobber Sports Guru

I was reading their interviews with Dalton Ross on EW, and either Natalie and Michelle said they thought it would be easier to flip Sarah than Denise. They thought there was no way Denise was going to flip on Ben, so that's why they voted Denise out on the tie.

Apparently, there were also fake hidden immunity idols that Tony had made, and Sarah had one that Michelle and Natalie had seen. That may explain why they went after Ben instead if they thought Sarah was going to play it.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

regardless of strategic execution or misplays... the right person won. I wasn't and still am not a big Tony fan but no one worked harder on ALL aspects of the game from start to finish with some good AND bad luck mixed in. The new KING of Survivor.

Still wish it was Boston Rob

Dobber Sports Ninja

Finally watched the finale. Nearly a perfect game against all winners. How does Tony not even get a single vote. Simply incredible. There were several people who I would have been happy as a winner, but that was nearly as satisfying as it gets. Tony has always been one of my favorite all time players and this was amazing to watch. Michelle seems like a really nice person but man she is horrible at Survivor. So glad to see her not get a single vote.

Dobber Sports Deity

Finally got to watch the finale last night so I had to avoid this thread until now.

To be honest, I would have been fine with any of them winning.

Doulos, you didnt like Michelle's game, but she made some compelling reasons why she deserved to win. She truly survived the longest without a true alliance carrying her to the finale. She scrambled better than anyone. She was never in a position to make a big move other than finding a way to save her own scrawny ass LOL! I would have been fine if she had won. I thought she at least deserved a vote or two.

Boston Rob's comment when he cast his vote was spot on for Natalie. Rob said who ever gets back has to play a perfect game to win it and Natalie almost played a perfect game coming back in and her only mistake was not getting Tony out. That being said, I am not sure what else she could have done to get Tony out. She did everything she could do to get to the finale and considering she was the first one voted out to EoE, good for her to last that long.

Tony winning was something I was fine with. He clearly drove the bus and played a very smart game.

Ben falling on his sword and telling Sarah to vote him out so she could win was just a strange move to me. Dont get me wrong, I dont think Ben would have beat Tony or Sarah if he was in the finale with either of them and maybe he saw that too and decided to take the high road but still, what a dumb move on his part. I was disappointed that they edited out the return to camp after Sarah voted out Ben. I really wanted to see/hear what the conversation was between Tony and Sarah was and her trying to explain to Tony why she broke up the alliance.

All in all, it was a crazy season to watch. I am glad I got back into it. Watching all that scrambling at tribal councils was just hilarious. People getting up from their stools to whisper to others, then watching others do it was something I hadnt seen before. Half the time I really had no clue who was going home but that was smart editing on their part.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

I guess I felt like the reason why Michelle was always fighting from the bottom is because she had no clue what was going on over large portions of the game and was repeatedly left out of votes. It speaks volumes to me that a cast of the greatest players in the game couldn't even give her one vote, instead choosing to give someone who played a week (and was on the Edge for the rest of the time) votes instead.

The Edge of Extinction is the worst thing that has ever happened to Survivor and it had the potential to ruin such a great season. I'm glad I watched this season, as it felt like a wrapping up of the storyline of a lot of people who have been with it for so very long, but the direction the show has headed is not something I really enjoy. Too many twists etc as well.

Great wrap up for me. Wish the show just ended there, but it makes too much money so I can see why they keep going. As far as I am concerned Tony cemented his position as the greatest ever to play the game after that, and Sandra just cemented to me why her two wins is worth even less than one win by so many other people. Seeing her quit was just further justification for how little respect I have for her gameplay (not her as a person mind you, from what I hear she is pretty great in real life)

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I guess I felt like the reason why Michelle was always fighting from the bottom is because she had no clue what was going on over large portions of the game and was repeatedly left out of votes. It speaks volumes to me that a cast of the greatest players in the game couldn't even give her one vote, instead choosing to give someone who played a week (and was on the Edge for the rest of the time) votes instead.

The Edge of Extinction is the worst thing that has ever happened to Survivor and it had the potential to ruin such a great season. I'm glad I watched this season, as it felt like a wrapping up of the storyline of a lot of people who have been with it for so very long, but the direction the show has headed is not something I really enjoy. Too many twists etc as well.

Great wrap up for me. Wish the show just ended there, but it makes too much money so I can see why they keep going. As far as I am concerned Tony cemented his position as the greatest ever to play the game after that, and Sandra just cemented to me why her two wins is worth even less than one win by so many other people. Seeing her quit was just further justification for how little respect I have for her gameplay (not her as a person mind you, from what I hear she is pretty great in real life)
    I agree with a lot of this. You have to know Natalie was getting votes from the jury just on the relationships she made on the EoE. Parv was clearly all in on Natalie and I dont think it mattered who was up against her in the finale.

I can't agree or disagree with your statement of Tony being the GOAT because I havent watched the show in years.

I was never a big Sandra fan and couldn't figure for the life of me why they kept her around for as long as they did, especially considering she her reputation as a winner there. If there was one thing I hated about this season and especially based around Sandra, it was watching her sit out one competition after another and no one seeming to have an issue with it. They even made jokes about it. I thought they used to allow people to sit out a comp but couldn't sit out in consecutive competitions. As I say, I havent watched the show in years but I thought that was always the way they did it. None the less, the wife and I cheered pretty loud when Denise pulled the ultimate blindside and booted Sandra out of the game. Good riddance.