Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Survivor stuff (spoilers)

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Survivor stuff (spoilers)

I know there are a few Survivor fans on here. With this week being two hours and the second-last episode before next week's finale, any guesses on what happens and who wins?

My guess is the final winner will be someone from edge of extinction. You're looking for a well-respected player who could not only get back in the game, but could win individual immunities and be strategic enough to oust Tony and Sarah.

My prediction? Natalie comes back to win it all. She wins the challenge to get back in, and she already has a hidden immunity idol from buying it earlier in the game. If she can get rid of Tony and Sarah, all of a sudden she's the frontrunner because no one who is left deserves $2 million.

Natalie has been with the jury on extinction island this whole time, and everyone there likes her and considers her a beast in challenges. She also has five (possibly eight) fire tokens that she can use for advantages in the next challenge to get back in the game.

Yul would be my second guess, but I'm thinking Natalie will do it.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Survivor stuff (spoilers)

This is the first year in a long time that I've come back to watching Survivor but if there's one thing I remember from watching it a while ago, the people you think SHOULD win usually don't. It's clear that Tony is running the ship right now, which means he's got a huge target on his back (that and winning 3 immunity challenges in a row). You can write him off as a winner. He wont make it.

As far as who's still on the Island that I think will win it, I'm going with someone no one expects to win, someone like Denise or Michelle.

I am cheering for Rob to get off EoE but he will be in tough.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I love the idea of Natalie being first voted off and then winning it!

But I also like the idea of Tyson winning his way back from Extinction a second time and then winning it all!

My heart is cheering for Jeremy... but I just don't think it will happen. As a fan of Jeremy, the last tribal council was intense... I thought he was gonna regret not playing his idol.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Deity

Every tribal is a gong show now.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Star

I like Denise for it because (1) no target on her, unlike Tony, (2) she can argue that she made strategic moves (the Sandra removal) and (3) she can argue that she's won multiple immunity necklaces. So she can argue a resume, unlike some other contestants. If Tony doesn't go, then he's the winner, but it seems so unlikely that everyone will just let Tony stay.

I am in a Survivor pool and I have both Natalie and Tony.. So hopefully one of those two can pull it off for me!! I can't stand the floaters.. They make no moves, they win no challenges, I just hope a floater doesn't win!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    I am in a Survivor pool and I have both Natalie and Tony.. So hopefully one of those two can pull it off for me!! I can't stand the floaters.. They make no moves, they win no challenges, I just hope a floater doesn't win!!
    Amen to that!! I almost jumped out of my couch when Adam got voted off!!

I still don't think he should have won Millenials vs Gen X!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

How did ever Michelle win aswell?? Must have been some huge hostility!!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I would be really disapointed if an eliminated player comes back to win. I dislike this part of the last seasons where you can come back in. When you're out you should be out.

I think Sarah deserves to win and played the best so far. I will go with her as my prediction.

I also think Ben and Nick have a pretty good shot at going to the final 3 but have no shot to win the jury. So my guess is the winner will be whoever will be in the final 3 with them.

Tony is so entertaining.. I love his spy shacks and his ruthless behavior!! I'm actually surprised Sarah trusts Tony at all, but I guess she kinda has to..

Season 40 is definitely a must watch for Survivor fans!!

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Stencil View Post
    I would be really disapointed if an eliminated player comes back to win. I dislike this part of the last seasons where you can come back in. When you're out you should be out.

I think Sarah deserves to win and played the best so far. I will go with her as my prediction.

I also think Ben and Nick have a pretty good shot at going to the final 3 but have no shot to win the jury. So my guess is the winner will be whoever will be in the final 3 with them.
    I can appreciate that train of thought. If you are voted out, you should be out, but those poor buggers are still "surviving" themselves in no mans land. I almost think that's worse for a lot of them. I have a hard time seeing them win the votes from the jury if it happens they managed to get that far once one of them gets back in.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I have a hard time seeing them win the votes from the jury if it happens they managed to get that far once one of them gets back in.
    It happened the last time they did this twist. The guy was gone almost the whole game, and came back in and won. One of the reasons was that he hadn't made any enemies so there was no resentment towards him like there was for the other two contestants.

Apparently, for this season, a lot of winners wouldn't return unless they had something like this in place.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    It happened the last time they did this twist. The guy was gone almost the whole game, and came back in and won. One of the reasons was that he hadn't made any enemies so there was no resentment towards him like there was for the other two contestants.

Apparently, for this season, a lot of winners wouldn't return unless they had something like this in place.
    Interesting. As I've said, this is my first time watching Survivor in quite some time so I did not know this.

I did read that somewhere at the start of the season that the opportunity to get back into the game after getting voted off was a request from contestants if the show wanted them to return.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I've watched every season. It's nearly the only TV show I watch any more.

The way the show has been edited I would be shocked if Tony did not win. They have hyped this season up for so long, and Jeff Probst loves players who do crazy things and try big moves. They have been showing this season as a coronation of Tony, and for one I love it. I'd say very very slim chance he gets voted out. How he is going to pull it off is beyond me, as he has a massive target on his back.

My guess is that maybe he can convince Michelle to vote with him at some point (along with Sarah), or maybe he partners with the Edge returnee (one of Parvati or Natalie based on the editing thus far).

Michelle has been getting a really good edit this season as well, particularly for someone who (yet again, like her other season) has not really done much, but is just a nice person.

That leads me to think we are going to see Tony and her in the end, and I'm guessing with whoever returns from the Edge of Extinction.

Dobber Sports Star

Need to amend my prediction to Tony. If he didn't get booted last night, then it isn't going to happen.