Thread: Kaprizov over Rossi/Stutzle?

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Kaprizov over Rossi/Stutzle?

I’ve got 5th overall which I’m planning on using on Rossi or Stutzle. I am curious if you guys think trading that pick for Kaprizov would be smarter? There is some risk with Minnesota not being a great offensive team, but his upside seems to be well over a point per game. Thoughts?
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Kaprizov over Rossi/Stutzle?

I don’t know your teams situation, but as a kaprizov owner, I wouldn’t trade him for either of them.

Still young. More data on him. Looks legit and ready playing against men. If I was competing now I’d make the swap myself but I don’t think you go wrong either way. It’s just are you competing now or in a few years

All this provided he signs a contract

Dobber Sports Wizard

i dont know who else is available in your draft but choice maybe made for you at 5th....personally adding only Kaprizov to this years draft, my top 5 would look like this:

Lafreniere
    Byfield/Stutzle
    Kaprizov
    Rossi
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Star

Given that both of Rossi/Stutzle will probably not be in the NHL next year, and Kaprizov seemingly will be, chances seem good that if you get Kaprizov, in a year's time you'll be able to trade him for Rossi/Stutzle and something else on top.

Dobber Sports Deity

Let's be honest, there's no guarantee with any of them but I would probably gamble on the prospect who's a tad older and has a bit more pro experience at this point in Kaprizov at 5 if he's still there.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

If Kaprizov was available in the draft, he would deserve serious consideration at 2nd overall. His upside is slightly lower but there's less risk and he'll start contributing for your team sooner.

So yes, offering that deal makes sense.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

if you are willing to wait, then keep the pick. I really believe both Rossi and Stutzle are superstars in the making. But if you need instant help then trade it for Kaprizov.
    12 team deep keeper league, 17 main roster players, 5 prospect players, max 2 goalie keepers for the main roster. point breakdown goes as follows:
    Skaters:
    G is 4 points, 5.2 points for D goals. A is 2.5 points, 3.25 points for defense. 0.07 per FOW, 0.2 points for blocks, hits, and SOG 0.5 points for PIMS and +/-, 3 for SHG, 1.5 for SHA.
    Goalies:
    GS is 1.5 points, -1 for GA, 0.2 for SV, 4 for SHO, and 3 for W.
    Team:
    https://www.fantrax.com/fantasy/leag...gi/team/roster

Dobber Sports Icon

I would take Kaprizov 2nd overall if he were available in this year's draft. His value is going to go up much quicker than anyone else outside of Lafreniere when the next season starts since he will be in the NHL and none of the others will be. No one knows who's going to be the best in 4 or 5 years but that should not matter as you would be able to trade Kaprizov for Rossi or Stutzle and more a month into the next season.

Dobber Sports Ace

Thanks for the advice, however the GM that owns him right now has decided not to move him.
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk