Thread: Pick 2 of 3 D Prospects in Deep League: Gawanke, Regula or Tuomisto

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Pick 2 of 3 D Prospects in Deep League: Gawanke, Regula or Tuomisto

Cats are in my signature. Pick two of three for a prospect bench slot:
    - Leon Gawanke: Great numbers in AHL for a 20yo dman. ~2 sh/g in AHL. Probably the closest of the 3 dmen.
    - Alec Regula: Monster goal total in OHL by a dman. Similar 19yo season to Nick Hague. Main concern is most goals came on PP where he was used in front of the net. ~16% shooting percentage is also sky-high for a dman. ~3 sh/gp in OHL
    - Antti Tuomisto: Dominating season in Jr. A SM-liiga but it is odd to have high picks play their D+1 in that league. Going NCAA route next year. Has decent upside for physicality according to his DP profile.

Thanks
    16 Team Dynasty
    25 Man Roster
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 2 SKT, 2 G
    CATS: G, A, SOG, STP, HITS, BLK, GPT3, GAA, SV, SV%

Rebuilding... Roster is too embarrassing to show QQ

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Pick 2 of 3 D Prospects in Deep League: Gawanke, Regula or Tuomisto

I can never bet against any NHL prospect that played for the London Knights, as their NHL draft pedigree since the 2004-05 lockout is absolutely stellar (in fact the best of all the CHL teams since the lockout). To me, Regula has legitimate Top-4 D upside that can do it all and I'm intrigued to see what he does in the American League next season. Tuomisto is highly regarded to many Red Wings fans and their management, and like Regula, he has legitimate Top-4 D upside. Once he comes over, the Wings will do whatever it takes for him to succeed at the NHL level. Gawanke is a guy that I don't think will translate to the NHL level, fringe NHLer at best