Thread: Which 8 to keep? Grateful for advice

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Which 8 to keep? Grateful for advice

I inheritated someone elses team this season and finished dead last. I guess I will rebuild next season too, before I will be somewhat competitive. I'll be very grateful for some well needed advice which ones to keep. The keeper eligble is in bold at the bottom of the post. I got no NA spots so someone like Nick Robertson might be a waste next season if he cant crack a spot in Toronto, but he seemed to get a lot of hype so might be worth a chance? Two of the keepers must be dropped after the following season as it is a league rule. I leaning on having Kucherov (of course..), Necas, Suzuki, Francouz (as a 1b in a contending team + it's pretty few goailies available as keepers) which leaves two more spots for keepers beyond next season. As the players to drop after following season Im thinking Zucker and Drouin/Eberle. Any opninions on which last two to keep? Any opinions on the other keepers Im leaning on?
    Btw, it's a snake draft and players from round 11 are keeper eligible just to give some sense which players are available as keepers in our league.

Thanks for your time and advice, much appreciated!

16 team h2h keeper league. G, A, Pim, PPP, Shp, Sog, FW, Hit, Blk, Win, GAA, SV, SV%, Sho.
    Keep up to 8 players, 2 of them must be dropped after following season. In bold keeper eligible.
    S Aho, M Necas, N Suzuki, J Kotkaniemi, T Johnson, C Garland, D Kubalik, J Drouin, N Kucherov, J Zucker, J Silfverberg, J Eberle, B Hayton, K Dach, F Chytil, W Nylander, A Iafallo, N Robertson
    R Dahlin, M Giordano, T Sanheim, M Pettersson, J Marino
    J Gibson, P Francouz, M Hogberg

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Which 8 to keep? Grateful for advice

Some interesting names not allowed to be kept. I am sure this is due to league rules not laid out in the post.

My 8:

Kucherov
    Necas
    Suzuki
    Garland
    Kubalik
    Zucker
    Dach
    Francouz
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Some interesting names not allowed to be kept. I am sure this is due to league rules not laid out in the post.

My 8:

Kucherov
    Necas
    Suzuki
    Garland
    Kubalik
    Zucker
    Dach
    Francouz
    I concur.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FOW(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SO(4)

C: Zibanejad,
    Trocheck,Kempe
    L: Draisaitl,Forsberg
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shesterkin,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Some interesting names not allowed to be kept. I am sure this is due to league rules not laid out in the post
    thanks for reply! Much appreciated!
    Yes, only players taken from the FA pool or draft picks chosen in round 11 or later are eligible as keepers. So Kucherov has been around as a keeper for a number of years already.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Seyfert View Post
    thanks for reply! Much appreciated!
    Yes, only players taken from the FA pool or draft picks chosen in round 11 or later are eligible as keepers. So Kucherov has been around as a keeper for a number of years already.
    Right on!

Welcome to the forums!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Given that the only source of keepers is players from free agency or round 11 or later, I'm guessing that there are teams with a very solid core of keepers.

I'm looking at this league as really a keep 6 with an extra 2 one year keepers. Right now, your 8 are

Kucherov, Necas, Dach

and 5 from the list here, which is a combination of Axeman's list and your post, plus one from me:

Suzuki, Kubalik - unlikely you can get these guy back before round 11, so you keep them.
    Zucker - Now a Penguin, so now a keeper
    Garland - I like him, but he's the most osbcure of these names.
    Drouin - He's a possibility. I'd probably lean towards tossing him back and keeping Garland.
    Eberle - he is what he is, and he's not a good keeper in a keep 8, and never will be.

Francouz - not a good keep 6 guy, but he's fine as a 1 year extra, and you don't have great skater options.
    Hogberg - I don't think he's a keeper right now, but if the NHL resumes, and he grabs the starting gig in Ottawa, he will be one.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Given that the only source of keepers is players from free agency or round 11 or later, I'm guessing that there are teams with a very solid core of keepers.

I'm looking at this league as really a keep 6 with an extra 2 one year keepers. Right now, your 8 are

Kucherov, Necas, Dach

and 5 from the list here, which is a combination of Axeman's list and your post, plus one from me:

Suzuki, Kubalik - unlikely you can get these guy back before round 11, so you keep them.
    Zucker - Now a Penguin, so now a keeper
    Garland - I like him, but he's the most osbcure of these names.
    Drouin - He's a possibility. I'd probably lean towards tossing him back and keeping Garland.
    Eberle - he is what he is, and he's not a good keeper in a keep 8, and never will be.

Francouz - not a good keep 6 guy, but he's fine as a 1 year extra, and you don't have great skater options.
    Hogberg - I don't think he's a keeper right now, but if the NHL resumes, and he grabs the starting gig in Ottawa, he will be one.
    I agree with this. Build slow and you should be able to contend in 2-3 years.
    12 team deep keeper league, 17 main roster players, 5 prospect players, max 2 goalie keepers for the main roster. point breakdown goes as follows:
    Skaters:
    G is 4 points, 5.2 points for D goals. A is 2.5 points, 3.25 points for defense. 0.07 per FOW, 0.2 points for blocks, hits, and SOG 0.5 points for PIMS and +/-, 3 for SHG, 1.5 for SHA.
    Goalies:
    GS is 1.5 points, -1 for GA, 0.2 for SV, 4 for SHO, and 3 for W.
    Team:
    https://www.fantrax.com/fantasy/leag...gi/team/roster

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks everyone for your replies!
    Garland played well and I like his style of play. Drouin feels a bit uncertain with all the injuries last year. He probably has a higher ceiling than Garland but also feels a bit meh I guess...
    No one has mentioned Filip Chytil, doesn't he has some potential to break out next season considering whom he might play with?
    16 team h2h keeper league. G, A, Pim, PPP, Shp, Sog, FW, Hit, Blk, Win, GAA, SV, SV%, Sho.
    Keep up to 8 players, 2 of them must be dropped after the following season. In bold keeper to next season.
    J Robertson, A Kempe, L Hughes, J Slafkovsky, L Carlsson, D Guenther, J Daccord (droppable), J Lauzon (droppable)

Dobber Sports Stud

Welcome to the Forum !!

I do think Chytil has value. Clearly chosen over Brett Howden and Lias Andersson to get that 2C spot for the Rangers. (No, I DON’T think Ryan Strome wins out for that, even for one more year.).

So my keepers for you would be:
    Kucherov
    N. Suzuki
    Dach
    Kubalik
    Francouz
    Zucker
    Necas
    Chytil
    ....with the thought that you have all year to decide which of Kubalik or Dach to drop, then any two of the last three. For rounds 9 & 10, if every team has players like Aho and W. Nylander to drop, or even more than just two at that level, you should be able to find decent value in Rd. 11, and could well find 2021-22 “keeper” there. Robertson?? I agree - maybe even 3 years off from relevance. Eberle?? How many years does it take to prove he’s a middling piece, and not a star?
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post
    Welcome to the Forum !!

I do think Chytil has value. Clearly chosen over Brett Howden and Lias Andersson to get that 2C spot for the Rangers. (No, I DONÂ’T think Ryan Strome wins out for that, even for one more year.).
    Thanks for the welcome! Seems like a great forum!
    I agree, Chytil would seem to be in a good spot in Rangers. Looks like there will be some considering which the last keeper will be. At least there is no rush deciding. Thanks everyone for your input!
    Keep up to 8 players, 2 of them must be dropped after the following season. In bold keeper to next season.
    J Robertson, A Kempe, L Hughes, J Slafkovsky, L Carlsson, D Guenther, J Daccord (droppable), J Lauzon (droppable)

Dobber Sports Newbie

Hi there. Interesting question. My top would be:
    N. Suzuki
    Kubalik
    Francouz
    Zucker
    Chytil
    Necas
    Stamkos,
    Tavares
    Couture