Thread: Mathias Emilio Pettersen

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Mathias Emilio Pettersen

I suppose I could have posted this under European prospects, but he's played a couple of seasons for U of Denver so I've posted here.

With the Flames signing him to an ELC yesterday, he's kind of an interesting prospect, especially given the "Norwegian Gretzky" nickname he earned when he was younger.

His college stats are good. Anyone see him play, or have an opinion whether he's likely to have an impact at NHL level? There's always the concern that he could be the next Linus Omark. I don't see him on Dobber's top 200 prospects list for April 2020.
    24teams;27players(20roster,7bench)dynasty(full keeper);
    Cap league based on NHL salaries (not cap hit);
    pool points:
    F/C: G 4pts; A 4pts; +/- 2pts
    D(min5,max9): G 8pts; A 5pts; +/- 4pts
    G(min2,max3): W 9pts; OTL 5pts; SO 4pts
    extra points for PPP

F:Kucherov,Kessel,Thornton,Galchenyuk,Hornqvist,Tr ochek,Atkinson,Jenner,SamBennett,Namestnikov,Point ,DShore,ZSanford,DStrome,ANylander,Guentzel,Kapane n,Kamenev
    D:Klingberg,Vatanen,Krug,Stralman,Pulock,Hanifin,W alman
    G:Fleury,Murray

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Mathias Emilio Pettersen

I personally have not seen him play but I've read good things about him. I'd wager that he COULD be a reliable bottom 6 player, but not sure he'll ever really be fantasy relevant. I'm not shocked at all that he's not on the top 200 list for prospects. There are way more better ones out there.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I disagree. He’s more likely to have a Mangiapane like impact or nothing. He doesn’t really have the skill set to be a bottom 6 winger.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by His Dudeness View Post
    I suppose I could have posted this under European prospects, but he's played a couple of seasons for U of Denver so I've posted here.

With the Flames signing him to an ELC yesterday, he's kind of an interesting prospect, especially given the "Norwegian Gretzky" nickname he earned when he was younger.

His college stats are good. Anyone see him play, or have an opinion whether he's likely to have an impact at NHL level? There's always the concern that he could be the next Linus Omark. I don't see him on Dobber's top 200 prospects list for April 2020.
    Last time I heard this type of reference was "German Gretzky" referring to Draisaitl. No relation to Elias P. here and Ive never seen this Emilio, just here to make joke.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I disagree. He’s more likely to have a Mangiapane like impact or nothing. He doesn’t really have the skill set to be a bottom 6 winger.
    I like this style of comparison.
    Wouldn't surprise me to see a similar developmental timeline with 1-2 years in the AHL.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Administrator

His college stats aren't that amazing. Middle-six forward, and probably takes a few years to get there.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust