Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: TSN's CDN All-Time teams

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: TSN's CDN All-Time teams

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Chicanery.

Draisaitl absolutely does not play LW and never has lol.

I can honestly say I have no idea who Al Hamilton is.
    Al Hamilton is one of the few retired jerseys hanging from the rafters for the Oilers. He played most of his time for Edmonton in the WHA, thats why most arent familiar with him.

I would have much rather seen them move Draisaitl to the Right side (where he played with Connor) and bump Hemsky. A lot loved Hemsky but I wasnt a big fan. He was hurt more than he was healthy. Taylor Hall deserves to be there just as much, if not more, than Hemsky.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I agree Hall deserves to be there.

I realize Gretzky is clearly the #1C, but I think there's a solid case to add Weight, move him to the foundational guy, and slide Hamilton onto a defense pairing. It's first jersey retired by the Oilers versus greatest Oiler ever.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Is your assertion that Doug Weight is the greatest Oiler ever? Because I don’t really know how to process that.

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Is your assertion that Doug Weight is the greatest Oiler ever? Because I don’t really know how to process that.
    No, it's that Gretzky is the greatest Oiler ever. So the decision on foundational player is Gretzky vs. Weight. I didn't think it was unclear when I wrote it, but edited for better clairty.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

I liked Doug Weight but the restrictions TSN put on this hurt Weights chances here. The Oilers arguably have some of the greatest centers ever. I do think that Weight is one of the better Oilers of all time, but there were better centers.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

12 Team H2H Keep 4

2 C, 4 W, 4 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW: W, SV%, GAA

C: Barkov, Eichel
    W: Connor
    D:
    G: Sorokin
    ​IR:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Deity

Hard to argue with that lineup. Sittler and Ron Ellis not making it were surprises but too many good centers over the years for the Leafs. I was hoping for Mike Palmeteer

leafs-board.jpg

I'm not really concerned but I'm not sure Dave Keon fits their definition of "checking line center" and how they've used it on ever other team.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I realize Gretzky is clearly the #1C, but I think there's a solid case to add Weight, move him to the foundational guy, and slide Hamilton onto a defense pairing. It's first jersey retired by the Oilers versus greatest Oiler ever.
    Yeah I agree with this. If you ask most Oiler, or hockey fans who the face of the Oilers is they are going to say Wayne Gretzky, not Al Hamilton. The "foundational player" seems to be shifting team by team and basically the writers "loophole" in some cases. That being said I completely get why Hamilton is the foundational player, which leaves 3C spots (after checking C) for Weight to crack the lineup and well, that ain't happening.

Ironically, Al Hamilton does not meet the qualifications for being in the Oilers lineup as he only played 31 NHL games for the Oilers (he played 455 WHA games for the Oilers as well).
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Deity

Ottawa Senators are the lastest team out there. No surprise that they included some of the old school players. Hard to get excited about this team when Patrick Lalime is considered a last cut.

https://www.tsn.ca/the-all-time-7-ts...team-1.1473122

sens-all-time-team.jpg

Poor Sens fans. That seems like a pretty abysmal all-time lineup.

Senators have been around about as long as the Capitals and the Scouts/Rockies/Devils when combining the two eras. I suspect they went too light on the older guys, honestly.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Lol... using the original Sens franchise is lame.

Also, the foundational player is lame. Al Hamilton is totally the person I think of when I think the Oilers. Probably looked good on paper.

10th year Keeper League, Fantrax

14 teams, H2H, keep 10, daily starts
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PIM (0.1), PPP (1), FOW (0.1), FOL (-0.1), BLK (0.5), HAT (3), W (5), SO (3), SV (0.1), GA (-0.5)

C (3) - Schmaltz (LW, RW), Mercer (RW), Norris (IR), Domi (LW), T. Johnson (RW), Nosek (LW)
    LW (3) - Keller (RW), Hagel, McCann (C), Zacha (LW), Kubalik (RW), N. Foligno (IR)
    RW (3) - Fiala (LW), Vilardi (C), Ehlers (LW), Kakko
    D (4) - Theodore, Orlov, Grzelcyk, T. van Riemsdyk, Clifton, Skjei, Weegar
    Util (1)
    G (1) - Montembault, Allen, Halak

Dobber Sports Guru

Winnipeg was out today. That is awful, as they included the players from the original Jets franchise that is now in Arizona. So you get Dale Hawerchuk and Teemu Selanne. Just stupid.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid