Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: TSN's CDN All-Time teams

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: TSN's CDN All-Time teams

I would imagine I would disagree with Dion less than most. I was a Dion fan in Calgary, and even have his jersey. I just don't believe he's one of the best 6 players to play defence for the team.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I love that top line for the Flames... might be a bit of Leafs bias there though.. heh
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Flames team looks really good. Lanny is the best choice for Foundational Player as well.

I might take a stab at doing one of these for a non-Canadian team, when this is all over, but that foundational player thing might be tough.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

I'd love to see TSN do all the Original Six teams on top of just the Canadian teams.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Flames team looks really good. Lanny is the best choice for Foundational Player as well.

I might take a stab at doing one of these for a non-Canadian team, when this is all over, but that foundational player thing might be tough.
    I dunno... It think it depends on the team. When they do Vancouver - I'll be shocked if it's anyone other than Trevor Linden.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I dunno... It think it depends on the team. When they do Vancouver - I'll be shocked if it's anyone other than Trevor Linden.
    Stan Smyl?

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Stan Smyl?
    Ahh... could be. He would be the other main consideration.
    I do wonder if Linden's current 'out' status with the team will affect his consideration for this slot

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I'm kinda confused by the "foundational player". Do they make it into the lineup or are they the honorary captain? I need to know which players are taking to the fake ice for the tournament I assume they are playing ?

Lanny MacDonald makes perfect sense for the Flames as he's basically the most iconic player the team has had. However when you look at the Habs wouldn't either Rocket Richard or Jean Béliveau be the "iconic option"? It seems like they used it to get the 3 goalies they wanted into the mix.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    I'm kinda confused by the "foundational player". Do they make it into the lineup or are they the honorary captain? I need to know which players are taking to the fake ice for the tournament I assume they are playing ?

Lanny MacDonald makes perfect sense for the Flames as he's basically the most iconic player the team has had. However when you look at the Habs wouldn't either Rocket Richard or Jean Béliveau be the "iconic option"? It seems like they used it to get the 3 goalies they wanted into the mix.
    I think it differs with each team. If you look at Lanny's total tenure on the Flames, it's unlikely he's one of their "best 9" and it's also unlikely he was every one of their best 3 checkers. But he's as synonymous with as anyone other than maybe Iginla, so he has to be mentioned. Axe mentioned Ryan Smyth for the Oilers, which I agree with. Not one of the best 12, but synonymous with the team.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I think it differs with each team. If you look at Lanny's total tenure on the Flames, it's unlikely he's one of their "best 9" and it's also unlikely he was every one of their best 3 checkers. But he's as synonymous with as anyone other than maybe Iginla, so he has to be mentioned. Axe mentioned Ryan Smyth for the Oilers, which I agree with. Not one of the best 12, but synonymous with the team.
    Actually, I almost had to put Smyth on my main roster simply because it was hard to find many decent LW from the Oilers past. Not a lot of great ones considering how good that team was, but Smyth is so much the foundation type player for Edmonton, it was hard not to put him in there. That was one of the first choices I made when I started the Oilers. Smyth is my foundation guy and I built the rest of my roster from there. There was some clear obvious choices but no one fit the Foundation player designation for me better than Ryan Smyth.

It will be interesting to see tomorrow if TSN agrees with me. I have no doubt he will be on the lineup somewhere.

Actually, I almost had to put Smyth on my main roster simply because it was hard to find many decent LW from the Oilers past. Not a lot of great ones considering how good that team was, but Smyth is so much the foundation type player for Edmonton, it was hard not to put him in there. That was one of the first choices I made when I started the Oilers. Smyth is my foundation guy and I built the rest of my roster from there. There was some clear obvious choices but no one fit the Foundation player designation for me better than Ryan Smyth.

It will be interesting to see tomorrow if TSN agrees with me. I have no doubt he will be on the lineup somewhere.
    Oh damn I just noticed you didn't include Hemsky. I would probably have him over Simpson as your LW3.

NVM he was RW

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Oh damn I just noticed you didn't include Hemsky. I would probably have him over Simpson as your LW3.

NVM he was RW
    Hemsky played RW.

Edit - just saw your correction LOL!

Dobber Sports Deity

Edmonton is out now. I wasn't too far off. I thought Draisaitl played the right side for some reason, not LW. Clearly TSN thought otherwise.

https://www.tsn.ca/the-all-time-7-ed...team-1.1471818

all-time-oilers-board.jpg

Chicanery.

Draisaitl absolutely does not play LW and never has lol.

I can honestly say I have no idea who Al Hamilton is.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Edmonton is out now. I wasn't too far off. I thought Draisaitl played the right side for some reason, not LW. Clearly TSN thought otherwise.

https://www.tsn.ca/the-all-time-7-ed...team-1.1471818

all-time-oilers-board.jpg
    Pretty solid list. Big surprise that Taylor Hall is not on the team, Hall over Simpson seems like an easy upgrade.
    Also, probably makes sense but surprised there is no D or goalie from later than 1992, often on all-time teams there is an unofficial attempt to represent all eras.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR