Thread: F.I.H.F Dynasty Fantasy Hockey League - Expansion - Seeking 2 GM's

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default F.I.H.F Dynasty Fantasy Hockey League - Expansion - Seeking 2 GM's

Good day and well Met,

The F.I.H.F (Fantasy Ice Hockey Federation) will be expanding from our current 14 team format, adding two additional teams for the 2020/2021 fantasy hockey season. We are currently seeking two passionate fantasy hockey enthusiasts to join our organization through a defined expansion process.

The F.I.H.F mission statement

The FIHF was created in the framework of establishing a competitive and entertaining re-creation of the game of hockey where we could put ourselves into the role of an NHL general manager and assume the day to day operations entitled to that position. The goal of the FIHF is to be as close as a resemblance to the NHL operations as possible so that the manager of each respective FIHF franchise will realize the enjoyment and responsibility of their position.

League details

The F.I.H.F is a cbs.sports platform keeper league supplemented with our own league website and google hangouts chat platform. With entry level (E), restricted (A) and unrestricted contracts, implemented salary cap, free agency, restricted free agents, farm teams, injury reserves and callups, the F.I.H.F provides an elite fantasy hockey experience. Our league is a head to head league where each franchise will play three other teams simulateously each week.

We have 11 stat categories representing an availble 9 points per week. The stat categories are GOALS (goals + Shoot out goals), Assists, SOG, SPTPTS (PP points + 2x SH points) Grit (Hits + blocks + PIM), +/- (1/2 point), and Shifts (1/2 point). Each team must ice a full roster 12 F, 6D, 2G each week.

During each annual F.I.H.F entry draft, the prospects chosen in the corresponding NHL draft are drafted by our franchises and placed in our respective farm systems.

As an F.I.H.F owner, you are given a seat on the board of Governors and all rule changes are voted upon and require majority consensus to be put into effect.

League Fees are $80.00 a year and all money less league fees to CBS is paid out yearly through a series of prizes.

The Expansion Process

Each existing F.I.H.F franchise may keep up to 8 Prospects and 8 Roster players. Each player remaining will be eligible to be drafted in the expansion draft. Each Expansion Franchise will be allowed to select 1 player of each existing franchise. Trades will be allowed between new and existing franchises. The expansion franchises will be given the 7th and 8th selection slots in this years entry draft. The expansion franchises may participate in Restricted free agency and unrestricted free agency as well as trade with our franchises to fill out the rest of the roster. (We have done a number of test/mock drafts and each time both expansion franchises have through smart drafting and trading, an ability to ice a competitive team).

A little about us and what we seek

I am a husband, a father and a Canadian business owner, the others in our group have varying but similar stories..... but I am also Jeremy, Owner of the Stony Plain Power, Co- Commisioner and founder of the F.H.I.F. I take pride in that. This league brings us all real joy and every member in it feels the same way. Although we are very competitive, we have a good natured, eclectic group that appreciated the opportunity to be a part of what we have. We seek prospective GM's that want to be a part of something rewarding and challenging.

In Closing

Obviously I have failed to cover every rule or answer every question. If you require additional information or have significant interest in joining the F.I.H.F, please do not hesitate to contact me @ [email protected] or 1(780)243-6167.

Thank you for your time.

Jeremy Latta
    F.I.H.F Commisioner's Office

The Great One

Default Re: F.I.H.F Dynasty Fantasy Hockey League - Expansion - Seeking 2 GM's

Why are you expanding without expansion teams?