Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: whatifsports part 2 - actual h2h competition

The Great One

Default Re: whatifsports part 2 - actual h2h competition

I was asking if you pay to run the sim. But I guess not.

What would be cool is being able to draft teams....all years or just the latest year....run the sim...input the data.....and have a league like normal based off the sims numbers.

This is what I was trying to find earlier in the pandemic and gave up. Well I was trying to find it without manually inputting the data.....

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    I was asking if you pay to run the sim. But I guess not.

What would be cool is being able to draft teams....all years or just the latest year....run the sim...input the data.....and have a league like normal based off the sims numbers.

This is what I was trying to find earlier in the pandemic and gave up. Well I was trying to find it without manually inputting the data.....
    no I'm just using the free simulator that allows you to sim one matchup at a time . If you visit the actual whatifsports website theres no doubt in my mind that what your looking for can be accomplished . Sign up over there and check out their message boards as theres some recruiting going on by what seems to be veteran players of that system . I signed up and I'm playing a a public league that filled up over the weekend . There offering a 1 free season of sim hockey so it didnt cost me anything . I'm getting my ass handed to me though , 1-5 so far .

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I have to say that if WiS randomly determines what goalie the 18-19 Flyers play (even by playing time) we're going to see some really funny boxscores. Lots of possible combos that weren't on the roster at the same time.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I have to say that if WiS randomly determines what goalie the 18-19 Flyers play (even by playing time) we're going to see some really funny boxscores. Lots of possible combos that weren't on the roster at the same time.
    it starts Hart for flyers when just using the single matchup tool (which is what I'll be using in this competition) . The system will pull goalie if he's getting beat up badly though .In the real sim league that I joined goalies and players could lose energy from game to game . For example I have Luongo and if I start him too often his energy level falls to 75% from 100% so I'll know to start Ullmark during the next sim .
    Carter Hart 91.7
    Brian Elliott 90.7
    Anthony Stolarz 90.2
    Calvin Pickard 86.3
    Michal Neuvirth 85.9
    Cam Talbot 88.1
    Alex Lyon 80.6
    Mike McKenna 83.3

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    it starts Hart for flyers when just using the single matchup tool (which is what I'll be using in this competition) . The system will pull goalie if he's getting beat up badly though .In the real sim league that I joined goalies and players could lose energy from game to game . For example I have Luongo and if I start him too often his energy level falls to 75% from 100% so I'll know to start Ullmark during the next sim .
    Carter Hart 91.7
    Brian Elliott 90.7
    Anthony Stolarz 90.2
    Calvin Pickard 86.3
    Michal Neuvirth 85.9
    Cam Talbot 88.1
    Alex Lyon 80.6
    Mike McKenna 83.3
    That will help the Flyers IMMENSELY. I might need to bold that capitalized word, actually.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Master

Sarcasm noted lol

Dobber Sports Icon

With the goaltender choice being locked in to Carter Hart, it takes away some of the fun of choosing my team. Oh well. Guess it's time to ride the coattails of the young goalie born 20 minutes away from where I live.

Dobber Sports Master

alrighty , lets get this thing going . I'm going to simply add the 88-89 flyers and 95-96 flames to the dance which were horrofans + penguinhunters choices in the other competition . they havent shown interest in this but that alright , we'll use their choices anyways . Then , I'll add 3 teams we can all hopefully beat the crap out of to pad our wins-losses to bring us up to 12 .

ginfizz your idea of 2 teams each , 2 divisions for 14 teams was solid but I'd rather just get goin on this with the above mentioned method since I've already made the league based on 12 .

so to the fellas that joined ....give me some ideas for 3 teams that we can beat up on and I'll add them to the competition so we can get rolling tommorrow morning --thanks

Dobber Sports Guru

Teams to beat up? Can't remember the years, but the expansion Sens, the expansion Caps and the expansion Sharks. The first years for all three clubs were horrendous.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Teams to beat up? Can't remember the years, but the expansion Sens, the expansion Caps and the expansion Sharks. The first years for all three clubs were horrendous.
    ok , out of those 3 I'll take Washington 74-75 which had an 8-67 record . I'll let someone else make next choice and circle back if necessary - thanks

Dobber Sports Deity

The expansion Sharks and Senators were horrible.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    The expansion Sharks and Senators were horrible.
    ok I'll add sharks for some california flavor 91-92

I'll let someone make the final choice

Let's use the 1977-78 Cleveland Barons, they're going to fold, anyway.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Let's use the 1977-78 Cleveland Barons, they're going to fold, anyway.
    done

Dobber Sports Stud

What a first game. Quebec loses to Islanders in a shootout.. 7-6. sounds like Hislop got his ass kicked. Loiselle better watch his back.

A high-stick on Jamie Hislop by Claude Loiselle goes uncalled. Jamie Hislop cannot control himself any longer! The gloves drop, Claude Loiselle lands a couple, with Jamie Hislop trying to yank his jersey off. Now Jamie Hislop's trying to get his arm free. Claude Loiselle slips the guard of Jamie Hislop and lands several heavy blows. Here's the linesman, attempting to get things under control. Claude Loiselle blocks a blow, and pushes Jamie Hislop hard into the ice. That was nasty! It seems Claude Loiselle has proven the better, but he'll have plenty of time to consider it as the pair heads off to the sin bin.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft