Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gronkowski may come out of retirement to play with Brady and the Bucs

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Gronkowski may come out of retirement to play with Brady and the Bucs

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I say that because OJ Howard is one of the biggest untapped potential TEs out there. Even Brate is a solid pass catcher and they just never let them be a center piece in the offense. Gronks going to be used because of Brady, not because the offense gets centered around him.

My thinking is he won't be used enough for a $10mill contract. He's going to underwhelm with his stats, but keep Brady standing with blocks. But if I remember correctly, Brate and Howard are actually plus blockers too, and combined make like $3mill less than Gronk.
    Imma go out on a limb and guess Tom Brady is going to have more input on the Bucs offense than Jameis Winston was given. This isn't going to be BAs standard scheme.

However, taking broken down payers from the Patriots has never gone poorly.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Gronkowski may come out of retirement to play with Brady and the Bucs

Brady back to having a ton of weapons at his disposal, even without Gronk. I can't see the Gronk experiment ending well after he's been defending the WWE 24/7 title

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Brady back to having a ton of weapons at his disposal, even without Gronk. I can't see the Gronk experiment ending well after he's been defending the WWE 24/7 title
    I read an idea somewhere that they should allow players to try and take it from him during the season

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Jedi

Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    He won't produce to a $10mill cap hit. Bruce Arians is ok with using a Ferrari as a doorstop and that's how he uses his TE. They aren't involved in the offense outside of blocking and dump offs. Like a FB.
    Gronk is being used as a doorstop, Airens came out and pretty much said he's ok with not using his TE as WR. The only thing that will bring Gronk into relevance is if he's angry with his usage and goes to Brady. And Gronk won't do that if he's winning.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll