Thread: Eriksson Ek

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Eriksson Ek

I'm in a keep all multi-cat dynasty with a farm system and a no-max prospect. My team is really bad and I'm building for a better future.

I received a trade offer:

I get: 1 round pick 16ov

I give: 2 round pick 45ov + Joel Eriksson Ek

I want to know your opinions. It's a strong draft and I'm pretty tired of Eriksson Ek poor play.
    Should I give up on Eriksson Ek or keep him?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Eriksson Ek

I'd do that. That's a big move up for you.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'd also make that deal. No offense to EK, but that 1st is a good asset for you if you're trying to improve.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Guru

I'd keep JEE. He's been improving each year despite not getting much ice time. Plus he was a 20th overall pick. Whoever you get at 16th, you are probably waiting three or four years just him to make the NHL. And then three or four years after that before he's contributing in your lineup.

You're better off keeping JEE and seeing where he is in a year or two. Much shorter wait time for what could be the same result.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Icon

I would rather have JEE and 45 than move up to 16. The difference between what you are going to get at 16 and 45 is not worth an established NHL player who's been getting better every year.

Dobber Sports Deity

If you were moving into the top 10, I'd consider this but only up to the 16th overall, I'd rather have the sure thing young asset.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

Couple of yes's and a couple of no... does it help to settle things if I explain how our draft works: we only draft from players selected in the first 5 round of the 2020 class and if they are outside we have to wait until they have played at least 20 games in the NHL. For instants this year Kubalik, Marino & Mikheyev are possible choice. That means probably Marino and/or Kubalik falls down to me or are pick before me, leaving better prospects behind for my team to pick.

if that make sense, sorry english isn't my first language

Dobber Sports Superstar

I would keep JEE as well, he is getting into his 4th year and the Wild need to pass the torch. I wouldn't jump the gun too quick . He is improving year to year, seen too many guys over the years get dumped just before the breakout for a mid 1st round draft pick. Can also hold on till draft day to see who drops to you?
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Initiate

Probably gonna wait to pull the trigger