Thread: Hronek and Meier

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Hronek and Meier

Thoughts on Hronek and Meier? The latest Keeping Karlsson podcast had a Wings expert on and his thoughts were Hronek should be a 35-40 point guy moving forward. That’s less than I would have hoped. Are Seider and Cholowski that much of a threat? With Detroit having a pretty decent top 6 shaping up, should exposure to that especially on the PP1 maybe make 35-40 more like 45-50 eventually?

Meier, I think, has all the tools. I thought this year he’d push for a 70 point season. That clearly didn’t happen. Can we just chalk this up as a write off and he can get back being a 70-75 point threat (eventually)?

Reason I’m asking is the GM I recently traded Meier, Hronek, and Turcotte to wants my 5th overall pick. I’m going to take Rossi or Stutzle with that pick. The other GM is offering to send those three guys back to me in exchange for 5th overall. So kind of a strange situation, but worth pulling the trigger on? I’m currently uneasy about Hronek and Meier due to the things I mentioned above.
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Hronek and Meier

I'd ignore that Wings "expert" when it comes to point predictions. He's a beat writer, not a prognisticator.

Hronek was pacing for 39 this year if he played 82 games. He missed 6 games which gets him a pace of 36, given the injury. He's 22, is right now the best PP defenseman on the Wings, and didn't get plum deployment right away this year. That writer is basically saying, this is his ceiling right now, points-wise, and he may not even realize it.

Could he be too good all around and not get PP time? Sure, but that's also a question about Seider, who looks very good at both ends.

I'd tell him you'll make that deal at the draft, which lets you get 2 extra keepers and then add those guys back.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I'd ignore that Wings "expert" when it comes to point predictions. He's a beat writer, not a prognisticator.

Hronek was pacing for 39 this year if he played 82 games. He missed 6 games which gets him a pace of 36, given the injury. He's 22, is right now the best PP defenseman on the Wings, and didn't get plum deployment right away this year. That writer is basically saying, this is his ceiling right now, points-wise, and he may not even realize it.

Could he be too good all around and not get PP time? Sure, but that's also a question about Seider, who looks very good at both ends.

I'd tell him you'll make that deal at the draft, which lets you get 2 extra keepers and then add those guys back.
    I'm taking that deal all day. Turcotte is a beast, while Meier is a stud that can have a huge bounce back season.
    12 team deep keeper league, 17 main roster players, 5 prospect players, max 2 goalie keepers for the main roster. point breakdown goes as follows:
    Skaters:
    G is 4 points, 5.2 points for D goals. A is 2.5 points, 3.25 points for defense. 0.07 per FOW, 0.2 points for blocks, hits, and SOG 0.5 points for PIMS and +/-, 3 for SHG, 1.5 for SHA.
    Goalies:
    GS is 1.5 points, -1 for GA, 0.2 for SV, 4 for SHO, and 3 for W.
    Team:
    https://www.fantrax.com/fantasy/leag...gi/team/roster

Dobber Sports Superstar

Pull the trigger on this fast before the other guy changes his mind!!
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Stud

Agree. Turcotte alone might be worth Stutzle/Rossi (one of). Plus Meier and Hronek?? When he says Yes, send him flowers.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Hope you took this when I posted last month.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.