Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Zoom games with friends

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Zoom games with friends

So every Saturday night, the wife and I sit down and join 6-8 friends for a big ole Zoom get together where we chat and just get to see each other. We've recently got to playing games on there. For a couple weeks, we did a bingo night. Last week, we did a Sporcle challenge.

Anyone doing any online games with friends? If so, what are you doing? I am looking for new ideas to throw to the group just to change it up a bit. And no, I am not referring to PS4/XBOX type games. Basically picture yourself sitting around a kitchen table playing games with friends, only doing it online.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts/suggestions.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Zoom games with friends

https://jackbox.tv/

Played some games off Jackbox (as in 'You Don't Know Jack') on Friday night with friends, I'm not sure if there are any free games or if my friend had purchased a pack of games. Simple trivia and drawing games with other mini-games inside them from what i saw. I'm sure there's more but I only played for an hour or so before I had to log off. It was fun, nice to 'hang out' with friends for the first time in a spell.

Dobber Sports Sage

Several of my friends joined Poker Stars and created a home league. We play a couple times a week. If anyone is interested, let me know. We have about 5-6 play. Even though it is not for money, it is competitive and everyone plays serious.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt, Hayton
    RW- Batherson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Stone, Wilson, Raymond,
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Ristolainen, Cernak, Barrie
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Levi, Tarasov

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Mintyukov, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, Podskolvin, REvans, Dorofeyev, Anunumen

Dobber Sports Titan

House Party is an app that allows you to play games in app.

What we did last week was trivia night though.

Through the week I made up care packages that included scorecards, couple of drinks, snacks, and the ever so precious mini hand sanitizer and dropped them off at "contestants" houses through the week. We got together and I hosted a trivia night.

The drinks I added to the packages were 1 canned drink (beer, cooler, mixed drink. Depends on the friend) and 1 "add alcohol too" cocktail. So I made like Mojito, gin drinks, and what not you would just add alcohol and if there was carbonated stuff I would just have that in a can or whatever.

It was a great project and there's so many free trivia questions online it was simple to make the questions.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    House Party is an app that allows you to play games in app.

What we did last week was trivia night though.

Through the week I made up care packages that included scorecards, couple of drinks, snacks, and the ever so precious mini hand sanitizer and dropped them off at "contestants" houses through the week. We got together and I hosted a trivia night.

The drinks I added to the packages were 1 canned drink (beer, cooler, mixed drink. Depends on the friend) and 1 "add alcohol too" cocktail. So I made like Mojito, gin drinks, and what not you would just add alcohol and if there was carbonated stuff I would just have that in a can or whatever.

It was a great project and there's so many free trivia questions online it was simple to make the questions.
    I just downloaded that app recently actually. I didnt know they had games in there.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I just downloaded that app recently actually. I didnt know they had games in there.
    Its only available on your cell however. Which is dumb. But top right of my cell (android) there's a dice symbol. Click that and it starts the games option.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Its only available on your cell however. Which is dumb. But top right of my cell (android) there's a dice symbol. Click that and it starts the games option.
    Gotcha. I'll go check it out. I only downloaded because a buddy of mine told me about it and he uses it a lot. If it's only for cell phones, not sure I'd recommend this to my other friends/family. Some of them are older and struggle to use Zoom LOL!

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Gotcha. I'll go check it out. I only downloaded because a buddy of mine told me about it and he uses it a lot. If it's only for cell phones, not sure I'd recommend this to my other friends/family. Some of them are older and struggle to use Zoom LOL!
    The games get old quick too. There's a game where one person draws something and people get to guess what you draw. But the things start to repeat real quick.

It's something though.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

just got caught up in a rather large Trivia night every Saturday evening. Our first time was this past weekend but it started 2 weeks ago. Just 25 or 30 people to start. This past weekend was up to 95 and Growing. It uses zoom to communicate and post questions and the app "kahoot" to record answers. Of course it requires a host to manage the questions/answers, but it's given us something fun to look forward to every weekend and to see and catch up with friends.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Are you and your friends into Escape Rooms? There is an online escape room that you can do with friends at up to 4 locations? Have more than 4 locations? You could make it into a competition.

I have not tried this escape room, but it is on the list to try with some friends soon. I think it is called Escape @ Home.

The Escape Room that we have done from him is from here - https://www.spacecowboys.fr/unlock-english There are 5 free demo kits, so 5 different escape rooms you could do.

I would make sure to do the 10 minute tutorial first.

Then when it comes time for you and your friends to do it. Each location would print off the set of cards (free to print at the website above) And then one person from the group would have to download the app which is where you enter the codes to know if you have moved on to the next section or escaped.

My wife and I did The Elite adventure from it last night.. it was fun. Not as fun as joining with friends to do a real escape room.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Are you and your friends into Escape Rooms? There is an online escape room that you can do with friends at up to 4 locations? Have more than 4 locations? You could make it into a competition.

I have not tried this escape room, but it is on the list to try with some friends soon. I think it is called Escape @ Home.

The Escape Room that we have done from him is from here - https://www.spacecowboys.fr/unlock-english There are 5 free demo kits, so 5 different escape rooms you could do.

I would make sure to do the 10 minute tutorial first.

Then when it comes time for you and your friends to do it. Each location would print off the set of cards (free to print at the website above) And then one person from the group would have to download the app which is where you enter the codes to know if you have moved on to the next section or escaped.

My wife and I did The Elite adventure from it last night.. it was fun. Not as fun as joining with friends to do a real escape room.
    Interesting. I'll have to take a look. Thanks!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    https://jackbox.tv/

Played some games off Jackbox (as in 'You Don't Know Jack') on Friday night with friends, I'm not sure if there are any free games or if my friend had purchased a pack of games. Simple trivia and drawing games with other mini-games inside them from what i saw. I'm sure there's more but I only played for an hour or so before I had to log off. It was fun, nice to 'hang out' with friends for the first time in a spell.
    Yep this is what I have done as well. It's also available on Steam if you don't have a console.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    just got caught up in a rather large Trivia night every Saturday evening. Our first time was this past weekend but it started 2 weeks ago. Just 25 or 30 people to start. This past weekend was up to 95 and Growing. It uses zoom to communicate and post questions and the app "kahoot" to record answers. Of course it requires a host to manage the questions/answers, but it's given us something fun to look forward to every weekend and to see and catch up with friends.
    No invite....?
    Follow me @WHLrumourmill for rumblings from around the World Hockey League

Dobber Sports Master

My buddy runs a board game bar. To keep people engaged with the bar while its closed, he hosts board games online and plays with is customers.

Not sure if you can see this if you aren't part of the group, but.... https://www.facebook.com/groups/2288089278188567/

Codenames is a good one for that. He seems to host a lot of Codenames nights.

Dobber Sports Titan

If people are on twitter/Instagram...Molson Canadian is running a thing called 'Virtual Happy Hour". If you post a pic of your friends "Happy Hour" with a certain tag and tag a local restaurant, they'll give you a $25 gift card to that restaurant.