Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Another post, Draisaitl move?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Another post, Draisaitl move?

Quote Originally Posted by rufio.85 View Post
    Looking at your roster, I would play this the other way around: Draisaitl is your main building block, not the piece you want to move to rebuild.
    This is a top-5 player in the league right now, locked on that PP with McDavid for another decade.

Instead, I would identify your spare parts that have a certain value and ship them to contenders for picks or players with upside that haven't pan out yet.
    Stick to the plan, draft well, use the race to the top at your advantage.
    In 2-3 years, you should have rebuilt your foundation and see your younger players emerge.

Fiala for Drouin one on one is a trade I would do in a heartbeat.
    I don't think Drouin will ever be better than what he is right now.
    So pretty much, keep Draisaitl and try to improve around the edges? I have the 3rd and 4th pick right now, so I plan to draft both Byfield and Stutzle. Would that work?
    12 team deep keeper league, 17 main roster players, 5 prospect players, max 2 goalie keepers for the main roster. point breakdown goes as follows:
    Skaters:
    G is 4 points, 5.2 points for D goals. A is 2.5 points, 3.25 points for defense. 0.07 per FOW, 0.2 points for blocks, hits, and SOG 0.5 points for PIMS and +/-, 3 for SHG, 1.5 for SHA.
    Goalies:
    GS is 1.5 points, -1 for GA, 0.2 for SV, 4 for SHO, and 3 for W.
    Team:
    https://www.fantrax.com/fantasy/leag...gi/team/roster

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Kawee View Post
    So pretty much, keep Draisaitl and try to improve around the edges? I have the 3rd and 4th pick right now, so I plan to draft both Byfield and Stutzle. Would that work?
    It's a good start, as long as you're willing to be patient with them. Could be a year or two before you see a return on investment with the kids.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    It's a good start, as long as you're willing to be patient with them. Could be a year or two before you see a return on investment with the kids.
    This is the key to your plan. Stay the course and don't trade those young players hastily.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

This is the key to your plan. Stay the course and don't trade those young players hastily.
    alright, thanks for the advice! If I can get the 2nd pick, i'm not sure whether to draft Sorokin or Kaprizov.
    12 team deep keeper league, 17 main roster players, 5 prospect players, max 2 goalie keepers for the main roster. point breakdown goes as follows:
    Skaters:
    G is 4 points, 5.2 points for D goals. A is 2.5 points, 3.25 points for defense. 0.07 per FOW, 0.2 points for blocks, hits, and SOG 0.5 points for PIMS and +/-, 3 for SHG, 1.5 for SHA.
    Goalies:
    GS is 1.5 points, -1 for GA, 0.2 for SV, 4 for SHO, and 3 for W.
    Team:
    https://www.fantrax.com/fantasy/leag...gi/team/roster

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Kawee View Post
    alright, thanks for the advice! If I can get the 2nd pick, i'm not sure whether to draft Sorokin or Kaprizov.
    I would not draft a goalie that high when the position is so volatile.
    You have many holes in your line-up so I would target forwards with these high picks.
    You can pick up young and serviceable goalies that emerge out of the blue.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I would not draft a goalie that high when the position is so volatile.
    You have many holes in your line-up so I would target forwards with these high picks.
    You can pick up young and serviceable goalies that emerge out of the blue.
    Tend to agree with this... and there are a few emerging right now that will give you really good stats moving forward

Kahkonen in Minn is closing in and Dubnyk is starting to bow out
    Prosvetov in Arz is only 21 but you wonder about the longetivity of the G plan to keep Raanta due to his injuries.
    Hogberg - the #1 job is sitting there on a platter waiting for him. If not for the stoppage - he'd still be devouring it.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Prodigy

once in a while, when reading the forums you see a GM posting about their team or see their team in their sig and wonder "how the hell did he assemble THAT team?!" One answer is probably a lot of deals where he gave up a great but not elite quantity in exchange for elite quality. You never want to be a GM that helps build that other team.

Everyone else here has already said the same, Draisaitl is the one guy you have that would make any other team a lot better than it is right now. If you're building around Drai, Werenski and youth, you'll definitely need to be patient. Given the youth won't be contributing seriously for a few years, I'd be selling everyone I could other than Drai and Werenski for picks and potential right now.