View Poll Results: Which players could shine if only given a true opportunity to do so?

Voters
48. This poll is closed
  • Andreas Athansiou

10 20.83%
  • Cody Ceci

0 0%
  • Jakob Chychrun

25 52.08%
  • Vince Dunn

19 39.58%
  • Joel Eriksson Ek

4 8.33%
  • Erik Haula

4 8.33%
  • Calle Jarnkrok

2 4.17%
  • Kasperi Kapanen

12 25.00%
  • Alex Killorn

9 18.75%
  • Hampus Lindholm

6 12.50%
  • Mike Matheson

5 10.42%
  • Josh Morrissey

18 37.50%
  • Dmitri Orlov

6 12.50%
  • Colton Parayko

22 45.83%
  • Travis Sanheim

14 29.17%
  • Nick Schmaltz

9 18.75%
  • Jakob Silfverberg

5 10.42%
  • Jaccob Slavin

11 22.92%
  • Alex Tuch

19 39.58%
  • Pavel Zacha

5 10.42%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Just give us a chance....

The Magnificent One

Default ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Just give us a chance....

We all know there are players in today's NHL who could produce well if given a real opportunity to do so. Look no further than the likes of Sean Couturier, Tony DeAngelo, Bryan Rust, Shea Theodore, Tomas Tatar, and Ryan Strome as examples. Who else might be able to do the same? That's where our poll comes in.

I've listed 20 players who I think could produce great numbers if only they were placed in ideal circumstances, namely playing ample, consistent minutes with talented linemates/pairs, and getting plenty of man advantage time. It's up to you to decide which of them could in fact do so if that was to happen. For forwards, that means they could score 70+ points, while for defensemen it means 50+. You'll notice that none of the forwards have ever scored at a 60+ point full season pace, and none of the defensemen at a 40+ pace, as this way I was able to limit it to less obvious choices. But on the other hand, I didn't include anyone who'd played fewer than 200 NHL games or who is older than 30, to try and focus on players who are viable candidates.

You can vote for as many (or as few) of the 20 as you want, provided you think each one for whom you vote could score at a 70+ point pace (if a forward) or at a 50+ point pace (if a defensemen) if they were somehow deployed optimally. Let me emphasize this just to be 100% clear - you don't have to think they will actually score that many points, only that they could be capable of doing so hypothetically if they somehow were given a true chance to shine.

Enjoy and be well, and please post with who you voted for and why, for added insight.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Just give us a chance....

The only one I felt compelled to vote for is Travis Sanheim.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Voted for:

Dunn/Parayko: Both are somewhat buried on the Blues, and have paced for 35-40 points already. I don't think it's a stretch to get them to 50 if they get PP1 time.

Sanheim: See the comment above, but possibly less buried if Gostisbehere leaves.

Morrissey: Was close to that pace at times, and still could get there if given the PP1 reins.

Chychrun: Coyotes offense is awful. He's young enough to grow more, and I like him.

Killorn: If got great deployment for a whole year in Tampa, sure. Also went to my HS.

Tuch: Has talent, and is also a bit buried. Minnesota could really use him.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Monster

I went with all D coincidentally. Chych, Dunn, Parayko, Slavin and Orlov all would be 40~ point regulars if they were given any more minutes or PP or OZ time, probably. They aren't exceptionally dynamic but they are smart and can take on bigger roles. I missed Tuch but prolly would've voted for him if I had a second chance.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Stud

I chose two forwards and two defensemen. Tuch and Haula - would both PAY for the types of opportunity that (for example) Alex Killorn and Kaspari Kapanen have already HAD. Dunn and Chychrun May well get better opportunities, but each came into an organization where PP1 and even PP2 time was already established - but they’ll earn their turn eventually. Pionk is the defenseman they each could be.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Jedi

I'll take the 18/19 version of Athanasiou as the real one. Queue me in the bounceback line up.
    Chychurn
    Dunn... I mean... c'mon
    Kapanen - trade him into someone's top 6 already
    Matheson.... I am waiting so very patiently.

Write in vote - Vinnie Hinostrosa... please give him some legit top 6 minutes.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Immortal

I am all about the dmen here.

Chych
    Dunn and Parayko going to explode once AP is gone.
    Sanheim
    Orlov - always loved his game
    Slavin

Put AA as an outsider here because if given the chance to not worry about defense haha...he'd be great.

Dobber Sports Icon

I voted for 3 dmen who are so trusted by their head coaches defensively that they don't get top PP time but they would all shine if they did.

Hampus Lindholm
    Colton Parayko
    Josh Morrissey

Dobber Sports Pro

Dunn and Tuch for me, with a write-in vote for Gourde.

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    Dunn and Tuch for me, with a write-in vote for Gourde.
    Gourde is disqualified from eligibility because he scored at a 60+ point pace in a prior season.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/