Thread: Cap League - Senko vs Hronek + Frost +

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Cap League - Senko vs Hronek + Frost +

For league in sig.

Currently have an offer out of Hronek + Kotkaniemi + McIsaac for Tarasenko which was countered with Frost instead of Kotkaniemi.

While normally the advice is to get the best player in the trade, but given the massive difference in cap, I'm not quite as sure. Hronek is one of the best deals in the league for next season for the production he provides at an ELC price. As for Frost, with two years left on his ELC, he provides a lot of cheap value as well and the key for me is that he has an extra year compared to Kotkaniemi.

Not sure if I'm overthinking this or not. I have the cap room to make one larger addition like this, not sure if I should wait for something that doesn't take quite as many pieces from my main roster.
    32 Team Dynasty With Cap (83.5M) - H2H Pts
    Skaters: G: 4, A: 2, PPP: 1, SHP: 2, SOG: 0.5, HIT: 0.5, BLK: 0.5, FOW: 0.1, +/-: 0.5
    Goalies: W: 6, SHO: 6, SV 0.25, GA: -2
    Positions: 3C, 6W, 3F, 6D, 2G, 3BN, 20 Prospects

C: McTavish, Newhook, Dellandrea, Parssinen, Sillinger, Jost
    W: Svechnikov, Guenther, Berggren, Krebs, Palat, Foudy
    D: Weresnki, Chabot, Ekholm, Krug, Pelech, Jensen, Forbort
    G: Blackwood, Ersson

Top Prospects: Smith (SJS), Savoie (BUF), Bourgault (EDM), Bourque (DAL), Perron (CAR), Korchinski (CHI), Nikishin (CAR), Jones (NYR), Cossa (DET), UPL (BUF), Daws (NJD)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Cap League - Senko vs Hronek + Frost +

My first question was going to be "Who is Senko?", but that's cleared up now.

I don't think Hronek will cost as much as Tarasenko on his next contract, and he's a guy I really like in dynasty. I'm not sure that Tarasenko will be the best player in this deal over the next 3 years, and given that, I pass on this.

With Byfuglien leaving your roster, you will be flush with cap room, and can eat a short bad contract if the cap declines and other teams need to shed cap. I'd wait.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Cap League - Senko vs Hronek + Frost +

I too would hold out for a better bargain trade to fill up your cap. Hronek may actually be the best chip in this trade too.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)