Thread: Would you take this deal

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Would you take this deal

Hi all,
    I was offered GEEKIE, MANGIAPANE and a first round supplemental draft pick (this takes place after our entry draft for rookies, and is for anyone not currently on any of our rosters,this looks like it will be a 9th pick overall).

For

Bjorkstrand

Any thoughts. I like Bjorkstrand, but I am leaning toward accepting the deal. Any thoughts?
    10 team league, 50 player max, Salary Cap
    Dress weekly 3L, 3C, 3R, 3F, 6D, 2G
    Pts for skaters: G and A
    Pts for goalies: W, SO, -pts for GA

Players
    L Kempe Nugent-Hopkins Marchment Van Reimsdyk Gaudreau Hoglander
    C Giroux Zacha Cozens Kopitar Eriksson Ek Trocheck
    R Coyle Pastrnak Konecny
    D Chabot Weegar Gostisbehere Perunovich Theodore Raddysh

G Sorokin Shesterkin Dostal Vasilevskiy

IR: Hamilton

Farm: Lardis Petrov Perreault Howard Cooley Poitras Bourque Sawchyn Pinelli Rossi Graf Lucius Brink Gunler Nazar Tomasino Leonard Zellweger Lamoureux Poirier Gulyayev Broberg Lohrei Thrun Sogaard

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Would you take this deal

Keep Bjorkstrand. This is a classic "my spare parts for your proven guy" offer. Are Geekie and Mangiapane ever going to start for your team? Who are you going to get at supplemental pick 9 that is going to make a difference? The fact that it is pick 9 in a 10 team league suggests that it is the second-place owner, who probably is looking to clear out space for better keepers. I wouldn't help him or her do that unless it hurt the other owner.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I'm in the firm No camp.
    These are kind of crappy 3rd line spare parts for a blossoming 1st line player (EWW)

Curious... what's available in the supplemental draft?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Prodigy

best player is probably Henrique, aside from new college signings and russians coming over. It's hard to know what that could turn into, this is the problem with it. I have historically been able to find quality there. For example Ryan O'Reilly, Holtby, Perron. The other things is that our cap is tied to the NHL cap, so prior to the draft everyone needs to get under. At the moment without any signings counting for next year, everyone will have to shed players. So two types go in that case, those high priced (this is how O'Reilly became available to me) or of course those that people feel are nothing but depth pieces and would likely never start. Point taken on his spare parts. The supplemental can be something useful, but it really is unknown at this point.

Players
    R Coyle Pastrnak Konecny

Farm: Lardis Petrov Perreault Howard Cooley Poitras Bourque Sawchyn Pinelli Rossi Graf Lucius Brink Gunler Nazar Tomasino Leonard Zellweger Lamoureux Poirier Gulyayev Broberg Lohrei Thrun Sogaard

Dobber Sports Veteran

Another vote to keep Bjorkstrand. Basically everything senyru said sums up what I'm thinking.

Dobber Sports Star

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I’d absolutely keep Bjorkstrand here

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    it is hard to argue with stats like that...

Dobber Sports Deity

I'm not going to lie, I think Mangiapane is a kid with a bright future. I dont think this offer is nearly as bad as others. I also like Geekie a lot. Kid has shown in two pro AHL seasons that he can snipe. 19 G as a rookie in 73 games and he had 22 G in 55 games this year before getting the call up.

I do think you can do better for the perceived value of Bjorkstrand but I do think the offer isnt that bad.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

if its multi cat league i probably take a chance on this...i personally dont think Bjor will be much more than 60 point player ..which is good but not great.. Mangipane also has a chance to be close to that with much better MC stats. You also getting 2 other pieces that may or may not work out.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Grand Master

This is interesting. I really like Bjorkstrand. Had him for a long time in my dynasty in sig, and just couldn't wait any longer on him. Mangiapane is interesting, and Geekie is interesting. That draft pick is also interesting in that you've found value in that draft before, and know how to exploit it.

The other thing is that you will then need to cut one more player than you do now. You have to cut two for the IR spots, and that would go to 3 with the deal. I don't think that's a real impediment.

Given that this is a cap league, and Bjorkstrand's cheap contract ends next year, I think I'd take the deal. The two guys you get back will be cheaper combined than Bjorkstrand next year, and likely throughout their next contracts. If you can shop Bjorkstrand and get something you like more, that'd be great, but I think this is okay.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I think it should be noted it looks like it's for the team in sig. -- which would make this a 10 team league.

In a 10tm league... give me the 8/10 player over 2 maybe 7/10 players all day.
    Load up on high end talent.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I would see if you could get a more proven NHL player. Bjorkstrand is a stud, and if he stays healthy next year, watch out! It's a interesting deal no doubt but I would pass unless he adds a bit more.
    12 team deep keeper league, 17 main roster players, 5 prospect players, max 2 goalie keepers for the main roster. point breakdown goes as follows:
    Skaters:
    G is 4 points, 5.2 points for D goals. A is 2.5 points, 3.25 points for defense. 0.07 per FOW, 0.2 points for blocks, hits, and SOG 0.5 points for PIMS and +/-, 3 for SHG, 1.5 for SHA.
    Goalies:
    GS is 1.5 points, -1 for GA, 0.2 for SV, 4 for SHO, and 3 for W.
    Team:
    https://www.fantrax.com/fantasy/leag...gi/team/roster

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Yes, I turned it down in the end. Here is the funny thing. The guy who was offering me the deal actually had Bjorkstrand and dropped him earlier this year. He was a waiver wire pickup for me!

Players
    R Coyle Pastrnak Konecny

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I think it should be noted it looks like it's for the team in sig. -- which would make this a 10 team league.

In a 10tm league... give me the 8/10 player over 2 maybe 7/10 players all day.
    Load up on high end talent.
    You really think Bjorkstrand is "high end talent "? He's 25 and JUST showing us he can put up more than 40 pts in a season, or at least he was on his way to showing it. He's overvalued by those holding onto the earlier hype.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."