Thread: Lotto pick trade

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Lotto pick trade

Hey everyone,

Evaluating a trade offer right now and would love some thoughts. I own the 2nd best lottery pick in the 2020 draft (lottery is top 4 teams, my pick has about 25% chance to win) and worst case I drop to 3rd overall pick. Offer on the table pre-draw is Alex Turcotte + Kirill Marchenko for the pick.

Turcotte has signed his ELC and Marchenko's agent says he's coming to Columbus in 2022.

It's a cap league using real life contracts, 20 teams, 23 man rosters + 25 man prospect rosters, scoring G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hit, Blk, FOW.

No one positional need outweighs another for my team.

Good deal? too little? I'm on the fence.

Thanks in advance!

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Lotto pick trade

Keep the pick. Byfield or Stutzle will be better than Turcotte or Marchenko
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I agree with this

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Agreed.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

While it's impossible to know which prospect is going to pan out, I think this is too little. If your pick turn into #1 it becomes a lot more valuable. If it drops to #3, value barely changes.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'd keep it. The consolation prize for losing out on Lafrenière is still better than Turcotte or KM.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Deity

To be honest, none of us know how good any of the players or picks will actually turn out. Marchenko could turn out to be better than the player drafted this year or Turcotte. He's offering two very good prospects to have the excitement of drafting a high pick.

Where was Turcotte drafted in your league last year? I'm assuming top 5. That's nothing to sneeze at.

This guy wants to buy the excitement of the draft. Make him pay for the excitement. I think if I'm trading that pick, I'd want more certainty. Instead of a couple prospects, maybe some younger NHL assets. I don't know what he has on his roster so I can't recommend a counter offer, but I'd be looking for an excellent young NHL asset more than a couple prospects.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I think he would have to add a young NHL player with high production. If he really wants your pick, make him overpay. Hopefully you can get it done!
    12 team deep keeper league, 17 main roster players, 5 prospect players, max 2 goalie keepers for the main roster. point breakdown goes as follows:
    Skaters:
    G is 4 points, 5.2 points for D goals. A is 2.5 points, 3.25 points for defense. 0.07 per FOW, 0.2 points for blocks, hits, and SOG 0.5 points for PIMS and +/-, 3 for SHG, 1.5 for SHA.
    Goalies:
    GS is 1.5 points, -1 for GA, 0.2 for SV, 4 for SHO, and 3 for W.
    Team:
    https://www.fantrax.com/fantasy/leag...gi/team/roster

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    To be honest, none of us know how good any of the players or picks will actually turn out. Marchenko could turn out to be better than the player drafted this year or Turcotte. He's offering two very good prospects to have the excitement of drafting a high pick.

Where was Turcotte drafted in your league last year? I'm assuming top 5. That's nothing to sneeze at.
    This was along the lines of my thinking, two really good prospects, both with the ceiling of solid 1st line NHL'ers. I'm a little worried about Turcotte's injury history between the hip in 2018/19 and the knee injury this year at Wisconsin, so ultimately decided to walk away from the deal. Still love the skillset, and very big fan of Marchenko too, but just didn't hit the premium i would have wanted.

Appreciate everyone who took the time to chime in on this!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I wouldn't do it just because you have a chance of getting Lafrenniere. If it was protected from that I might do it.

McDavid/Necas/ Kucherov/Bjorkstrand/Rust/Nugent Hopkins/Cirelli/Zegras/- Letang/Morrissey/Dahlin - Swayman/Saros/Skinner

Prospects include:
    McTavish/Clarke/Bordeleau
    Dumais/Korchinski/Hutson

Don't worry I'm not going to say anything more than I have to. If that.

Dobber Sports Icon

Good call walking away and keeping your 1st, 2nd or 3rd overall pick.

Dobber Sports Wizard

if im trading high pick i want proven player that helps me now..you can argue how good of a player hat would need to be but im not trading 3rd overall pick in very strong draft for 2 lesser (in my opinion ) prospects.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones