Thread: Blues extend Scandella

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Blues extend Scandella

Blues ink Scandella to four-year deal

https://www.tsn.ca/1.1467195

Marco Scandella is sticking around with the champs. The St. Louis Blues announced on Thursday that the 30-year-old impending free-agent defenceman had agreed to a four-year extension worth $13.1 million (with an average annual value of $3.275 million).
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Blues extend Scandella

Something has to give.... That only leaves them with 5.5m in space 'IF' the cap goes to $84 000 000.

Either Pietrangelo is gone... or someone else is.

Dunn the only notable RFA left to sign. I suspect he'll take a 2yr bridge around 2.2
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

I dont hate the deal. The term is, as usual, the issue for most. We all know now that most D who can skate and chew gum get ~4M anyway. At least this dollar value still makes this a movable contract when some of their kids are ready.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

I think this money was allocated to Bouwmeester if he was going to be returning when they originally signed Faulk. Who knows if that's true though.

Little addition, they gave Blais a raise yesterday too. 2yr, 3mill (1.5/yr) deal, up from his $850,000 deal.

Right now, they're at $78,552,499 in cap next yr. Vince Dunn is the only notable RFA, and then they need to fill 2-3 roster spots after that. If the cap is at 82mill, that's 3.45mill left.

If you move Bozak+Allen along with a pick, you can afford Pietrangelo. But this is the GM who got Schenn and ROR for like nothing, and in this upcoming off-season, I can't go in expecting anything. It's going to be so different.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I think this money was allocated to Bouwmeester if he was going to be returning when they originally signed Faulk. Who knows if that's true though.

Little addition, they gave Blais a raise yesterday too. 2yr, 3mill (1.5/yr) deal, up from his $850,000 deal.

Right now, they're at $78,552,499 in cap next yr. Vince Dunn is the only notable RFA, and then they need to fill 2-3 roster spots after that. If the cap is at 82mill, that's 3.45mill left.

If you move Bozak+Allen along with a pick, you can afford Pietrangelo. But this is the GM who got Schenn and ROR for like nothing, and in this upcoming off-season, I can't go in expecting anything. It's going to be so different.
    I don't think they can move Allen. Not this year. There's just too many starting goalies on the market that are as good or better that can be signed without giving up any assets. The Blues would need to include a sizeable sweetener to do so.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I don't think they can move Allen. Not this year. There's just too many starting goalies on the market that are as good or better that can be signed without giving up any assets. The Blues would need to include a sizeable sweetener to do so.
    Yeah, I can't see a team taking Allen. Unless he's like a 2.5-3mill backup role to like....Avs? But then STL has to move prolly someone else because they held money on Allen.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll