Thread: tiny little deal

Dobber Sports Sage

Default tiny little deal

League in sig.

Boredom and the probable end of fantasy hockey has led me to look at some trade opportunities.
    I chatted with an OGM and the following deal has taken shape:
    My EP, Boeser and Lias Andersson
    For
    His Draisaitl and J. Puljujarvi.
    Your thoughts on this trade are appreciated.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: tiny little deal

Don't like it that much. The prospects don't matter in this league for you, they are somewhat fungible, and you can always just find more on waivers.

While Draisaitl is elite, I think Pettersson likely gets really close to him, and that means Boeser is a throw-in, and I think he's more valuable than that. I realize he's your #5RW, but you're loaded more than a normal team.

My only other thought is that if Pettersson is in danger of losing wing eligibility, this may help you with that, but honestly, Sanford/Reinhart are your only "meh" forwards.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I dunno if I would want to trade EP really for anyone. Look at his age - compare to other elites... He's going to become a Draisaitl or Kucherov himself.

Then there's Boeser who's got Connor potential.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sage

Context: Draisaitl is the No. 1 overall player in our scoring system. The next closest guy, Pasta, was literally a tier below. His total was about 89% of Leon's.

Steve you will appreciate that I am at the annual point where I have to begin consolidating talent to get to 26 keepers.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Dynasty - I am keeping EP, & Boeser.
    Is there any team close to you in this league with that roster? There must be a few week teams in the league as you are loaded.
    Good drafting and trading.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Context: Draisaitl is the No. 1 overall player in our scoring system. The next closest guy, Pasta, was literally a tier below. His total was about 89% of Leon's.

Steve you will appreciate that I am at the annual point where I have to begin consolidating talent to get to 26 keepers.
    I understood that last part already. You have 27 bolded and need to get to 26.

Was Draisaitl #1 overall the prior year as well? If so, was the gap as huge? You're consolidating talent at a higher level than normal here, and for a change, it actually has a chance to bite you in the butt.

By the way, I watched Goon for the first time druing the quarantine. Have had the DVD for a while, but my SO falls asleep like clockwork when watching movies, and sleeps lightly enough that watching one while she's in bed rooms away fails. I laughed when I heard his name.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sage

I'm a yes on this trade DG. I'll take Drai now over pettersson all day and you are very clearly in win now mode.

You can afford to throw boeser in and this helps a bit filing down your keepers. We can speculate all day on how good Pettersson will be and he will be good, but Drai helps you win more now (which should be the priority).

This is what it comes down to for me (with next years keepers in mind):

Drai + Reinhart > Pettersson + Boeser
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Veteran

I like this deal considering you have to consolidate your keepers. Drai has put up back to back 100 point season, and you can count the list of players who have done that in the past decade on one hand....

Dobber Sports Deity

I'd do this deal. I simply don't trust Boeser enough to stay healthy and there's a big enough gap between Draisaitl and Pettersson to make me want to do this trade. Let someone else grumble about the time Boeser misses.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

Pulled the trigger. Thanks my friends. I always appreciate your opinions and insight.