Thread: Batherson for Ellis?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Batherson for Ellis?

In a points only salary cap league, would you make this deal?

I would be receiving Ellis....

He’s at 6.25M for several years....

Thanks

11 teams dynasty, actual NHL salary cap. Points only ( G and A = 1pt)
    Cap counts for 12 FWDs, 3D’s and 2 G’s

Team:

F: Texier (0.898M), Zadina (0.894M), McDavid (12.5M), Batherson (0.737M), Meier (6M), Dadonov (UFA), Burakovsky (UFA), Hoffman (UFA), Atkinson (5.875M), Kapanen (3.2M), Point (6.75M), Athanasiou (RFA)

D: Chabot (8M), Burns (8M), Jones (5.4M)

G: Vasilievsky (9.5M), Holtby (UFA)

Bench: Lehner (UFA), Talbot (UFA), Raanta (4.25M), Allen (4.35M), Stastny (6.5M), Gostisbehere (4.5M), E. Karlsson (11.5M), A. Johnsson (3.4M), Brannstrom (0.863M), Tuch (4.75M), Granlund (UFA), Roslovic (RFA), Kravtsov (0.925M), Neal (5.75M).

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Batherson for Ellis?

In points only cap leagues, I will aim for 1 point per 100k salary. Meaning, I want a 6.25 M player scoring 62 points for me. Without knowing more specifics of your league, I would have a very difficult time allocating 6.25 M for 45 points.

On a rookie contract, Batherson will give you better value next year. That being said, Batherson has been hyped around these woods for a little while - honestly, I believe, by guys who don't own top ranked prospects and are trying to throw their hopes onto a second or third tier prospect who was available really late in rookie drafts (Henrik Borgstrom the year before, anyone?). Not saying that these sorts of guys won't pan out - just saying saying that I wouldn't regret trading him if you can sell the hype to someone else in your league. Ellis just feels too much like one step forward (production), two steps back (cap hit) in a cap league.

Dobber Sports Deity

Can you explain how your league works for scoring. It says in your sig "cap counts for 12Fwds, 3D and 2G". Does that mean you only start that many? Is it daily or weekly starts?

I'm not sure I understand how your league works from your sig
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

in cap league this is a no for me...i dont mind a player trade..just dont like the salary vs production ration for Ellis.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Genius

Counting on the cap are 12 F, 3D and 2G

Points only, where 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by CHunter View Post
    Counting on the cap are 12 F, 3D and 2G

Points only, where 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist
    What does that mean, "counting on the cap"? Do you only start 3D to accumulate points? You show Chabot, Burns and Jones on what appears to be your starting up lineup. If you acquire Ellis, does he have to bump one of them to even count points and count against your cap?

Is it a daily start or a weekly start?

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    What does that mean, "counting on the cap"? Do you only start 3D to accumulate points? You show Chabot, Burns and Jones on what appears to be your starting up lineup. If you acquire Ellis, does he have to bump one of them to even count points and count against your cap?

Is it a daily start or a weekly start?
    I think what his signature means is that the cap only applies to his starting line up and not his bench. So he can swap Ellis with any of his 3 D as long as his starting line up remains cap compliant.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I think what his signature means is that the cap only applies to his starting line up and not his bench. So he can swap Ellis with any of his 3 D as long as his starting line up remains cap compliant.
    That's what I'm wondering.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Exactly...sorry for the confusion
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Since this is a cap league where the cap is for starters only, I am okay with the cap implications of this deal in a vacuum.

However, for your team, I don't make it, because your bench depth at D is such that you have good options in Karlsson and Gostisbehere with no D as free agents, while you have a whole lot of maybes and salary uncertainty at forward.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by CHunter View Post
    Exactly...sorry for the confusion
    Ok. Makes sense then. I'd keep Batherson and the cheaper contract.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Since this is a cap league where the cap is for starters only, I am okay with the cap implications of this deal in a vacuum.

However, for your team, I don't make it, because your bench depth at D is such that you have good options in Karlsson and Gostisbehere with no D as free agents, while you have a who lot of maybes and salary uncertainty at forward.
    I agree, as Batherson is high potential, and Ellis is a bit overpaid at that price.
    12 team deep keeper league, 17 main roster players, 5 prospect players, max 2 goalie keepers for the main roster. point breakdown goes as follows:
    Skaters:
    G is 4 points, 5.2 points for D goals. A is 2.5 points, 3.25 points for defense. 0.07 per FOW, 0.2 points for blocks, hits, and SOG 0.5 points for PIMS and +/-, 3 for SHG, 1.5 for SHA.
    Goalies:
    GS is 1.5 points, -1 for GA, 0.2 for SV, 4 for SHO, and 3 for W.
    Team:
    https://www.fantrax.com/fantasy/leag...gi/team/roster